PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Alex Smith "effectively" traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea whether or not that's giving him away. Mallett hasn't looked as if he's worth much of anything during his limited appearances as a Patriot.

And Cassel who was a 7th round pick turned into the top pick of the 2nd round. You have no idea what Mallet is worth either. :D

And Cassel who was a 7th round pick turned into the top pick of the 2nd round. You have no idea what Mallet is worth either. :D

But I didn't claim to know.... :cool:

I was hearing alot of rumors about KC. Don't see it being Arizona due to it being a division rival.

Maybe Rexy thought it'd be a bright idea to ship off Revis for Smith!! :D

NO, no no no. I want sanchez to have a very long career in new jersey. I want him to be the jets brett farve. Sanchez deserves a 15 year extension. And in a perfect world when he's 45 he can move into the qb coach position, which is where he will stay until after I die.

But I didn't claim to know.... :cool:

Either did he. He expressed his opinion about what he'd do, not that he had any knowledge or understanding.:cool:

Chiefs fans want a QB drafted in the first round. They never forgave Cassel for being a veteran trade. To this day, they ignore the reality of the pile of suck that is Sanchez.

Kinda funny that the last (and only) time they made it to the AFC Championship, it was behind Joe Montana - I guess maybe 1990's transactions don't hold much weight 20 years later, but I digress.

The good news - if a system qb like Alex Smith who was unwanted by his old team can garner a high 3rd round pick along with a conditional pick, just imagine what a young, brimming with potential QB like Mallet could get in return??

Mallet hasnt started his first NFL game.

Look what happened to Cassel after going 11 - 5. In hindsight, he wasnt worth a 2nd round pick.

Look what happened to Cassel after going 11 - 5. In hindsight, he wasnt worth a 2nd round pick.

Yes

Ignoring hindsight, Cassel had the huge franchise cap burden making the market for him very small as few teams could afford his cap hit to try him out.

Either did he. He expressed his opinion about what he'd do, not that he had any knowledge or understanding.:cool:

You're wrong. He claimed that trading him for a 5th would be giving him away.

Does he have limitations? Yes.

Pioli's mistake was not trading for Cassel. His mistake was doing a heck of a lot afterward to sabotage—albeit often unintentionally—Cassel's chances of success.

It would be an interesting question for one of the ex-GMs to see what they would give up for Mallet. The problem is the three I can think of off the top of my head all come with a bit of a problem. Pioli would likely do a Lombardi and inflate the price. Pollian would have the anti Pats bias and deflate the price. And Charlie Casserly is an idiot.

Maybe the middle ground between Pioli and Pollian's answers is close to the truth.

Nothing new in the NFL. Future draft picks have always been wayyy overrated.

Seems like when you draft a guy it's like pulling a new car out of the dealership. Can't get nearly the value you drafted him for. Don't think anyone gives much for Mallett until they see him in action more. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Does he have limitations? Yes.

Pioli's mistake was not trading for Cassel. His mistake was doing a heck of a lot afterward to sabotage—albeit often unintentionally—Cassel's chances of success.

Including trading away Tony Gonzalez to Dimitroff. The beginning of the end right there.

Chiefs fans want a QB drafted in the first round. They never forgave Cassel for being a veteran trade. To this day, they ignore the reality of the pile of suck that is Sanchez.

It's especially funny because a lot of the harshest critics were rocking Sanchez-backing signatures in the 2009 offseason. Eh, that whole board is insufferable.

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly

The #49ers will get a No. 2 pick this year and a similar pick in 2014 from the #Chiefs for QB lex Smith, per @timkawakami

Even better.....

@AndrewSiciliano: If the @49ers get the Chiefs 2nd rounder, SF will have 15 picks in 2013, including 5 in the top 93

Insane. Some speculation they'll go after Revis now.

@AndrewSiciliano: If the @49ers get the Chiefs 2nd rounder, SF will have 15 picks in 2013, including 5 in the top 93

That is crazy...

Either they'll make a bunch of trades, or people will be salivating over their cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back