PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Alex Smith "effectively" traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/305812341730189312

so it's not official, both clubs view it at as it's effectively done. I do not know the other team. KC and JAX are 2 teams that make sense

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/305812786989113344

Beyond the teams LaCanfora mentions, Jets and Cardinals make sense right off the bat....

I was hearing alot of rumors about KC. Don't see it being Arizona due to it being a division rival.

Maybe Rexy thought it'd be a bright idea to ship off Revis for Smith!! :D

I was hearing alot of rumors about KC. Don't see it being Arizona due to it being a division rival.

Maybe Rexy thought it'd be a bright idea to ship off Revis for Smith!! :D

KC makes a lot of sense, and they'd be my first guess. I was just offering up other QB needy teams that Harbaugh wouldn't be afraid to trade to.

KC makes a lot of sense, and they'd be my first guess. I was just offering up other QB needy teams that Harbaugh wouldn't be afraid to trade to.

Maybe throw in Cleveland or Buffalo possibly??

Maybe throw in Cleveland or Buffalo possibly??

Buffalo would be another very strong candidate, IMO. Fitzpicksix is obviously not the answer, and this year's QB class blows.

I wonder what the cost was. Cheap because teams new the 49ers were probably going to have to release him anyway or quite pricey because he's a QB with starting experience?

I'd guess a 2nd or 3rd rounder with maybe an additional conditional pick. The 49ers already have the most picks in the draft with 11. looks like they've probably added #12 too.

Buffalo would be another very strong candidate, IMO. Fitzpicksix is obviously not the answer, and this year's QB class blows.

buff is too stubborn to give up on him after that contract. KC is the perfect fit

Great stuff on the boards. Bills fans are hoping he's going to KC, and Chiefs fans are hoping he's going to Buffalo (or anywhere but KC).

Jags GM Dave Caldwell has tweeted "not us" apparently.

Edit:

I'd say the Chiefs but there was a lot of talk earlier in the week about talks between them and the Eagles over Foles.

Jags GM Dave Caldwell has tweeted "not us" apparently.

Edit:

I'd say the Chiefs but there was a lot of talk earlier in the week about talks between them and the Eagles over Foles.

But I've also heard they've been talking about Smith, so who knows.

Why are Chiefs fans pissed? There team has a ton of talent, a stud RB, going from atrocious QB play to solid QB play will be the difference from 2-14 to 10-6.

In this scenario, Smith would have a franchise LT in Joeckel blocking for him too.

Why are Chiefs fans pissed? There team has a ton of talent, a stud RB, going from atrocious QB play to solid QB play will be the difference from 2-14 to 10-6.

Chiefs fans want a QB drafted in the first round. They never forgave Cassel for being a veteran trade. To this day, they ignore the reality of the pile of suck that is Sanchez.

I'd guess a 2nd or 3rd rounder with maybe an additional conditional pick.
I would be absolutely shocked if it was a 2nd. They don't have nearly as much leverage as they think they do.

Smith is going to need guys to throw to who won't drop balls and tip things up to DBs.
Smith and Cassel are both above-average QBs, but this will be an upgrade.

Two bits of info, neither of which I can vouch for in terms of reliability:

Kansas City Chiefs have agreed in principle to acquire 49ers QB Alex Smith as I have been reporting all week.

Chiefs Believed To Be Team That Acquired Alex Smith

I asked my source if this was happening.

I got a no comment reply.

The third line of this one is NFSW

ChiefsPlanet - View Single Post - Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE

I think Smith could do very well with Reid, if that is what ends up happening.

Chiefs fans want a QB drafted in the first round. They never forgave Cassel for being a veteran trade. To this day, they ignore the reality of the pile of suck that is Sanchez.

Well they are stupid then. :D

Seriously, a stud franchise LT with the #1 pick and a solid, proven, NFL QB or a (most likely) terrible rookie QB and an above average LT with the 33rd pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes