PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Al Davis steamed at Jordan's agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. This is sort of like Rumania being annoyed that the US built one more nuclear missile. We're not in the same division, and they're trying to return to a level commonly known as "don't suck", not trying to compete with us in the near future.

Not in the same division, yes - But Al Davis HATES HATES HATES the Patriot's.

Why??

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule

He can't do that, Al Davis that is.

And if he did not want him to go to a team that has a chance in the Post-Season perhpas he should have kept him on the roster. The dude is a total nut case.

Al's problem here is simple, if Jordan comes to New England and produces at a high level that will be TWO, count them TWO, major transactions he has screwed up and let happen in two years to the same organization......Randy would be No.1 - Funny stuff!

Ah yes, but he shafted us on Doug Gabriel! :D

I can't even imagine the Press around this is it was the Patriots releasing someone.

I was at practice today and watched Jordan.....Al, I think you did it again (on a smaller scale of course).

Lamont looks really good to me in all phases of his game - catching passes, running of course and running back kicks.

I can't even imagine the Press around this is it was the Patriots releasing someone.

They would be pointing out (correctly) that if you give someone their outright release you cant tell them where to sign and where not to sign. If you don't want a player to go somewhere, then trade them somewhere else.

They would be pointing out (correctly) that if you give someone their outright release you cant tell them where to sign and where not to sign. If you don't want a player to go somewhere, then trade them somewhere else.

Ya know, the more I think about this the crazier it is to me.

The Raiders are a freaking mess.

Why in the world would you RELEASE and not TRADE Jordan?? Even for a LOW round draft pick??

I must be missing something, other than Al Davis' total ignorance and ego.

Anyone know the details of the transaction? Was his current/previous Raider contract to high and no one wanted to take the hit on the Cap??

I think we might have it the jackpot here, I'm not saying that we need this guy to win, but this guy is a play-maker.

I love that we are the Patriots and when these kinda guys get cut, and we want them, they're going to come here as opposed to a team that's struggling.

This is going to be a fun year.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as to say "jackpot," as the guy wasn't good enough for the Raiders. And in 3 years as a starter he's never averaged 4 yards per carry. But I suppose here as a backup, here and there, he can be a solid player, but I think it's premature to say he's even a lock to make the roster.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "jackpot," as the guy wasn't good enough for the Raiders. And in 3 years as a starter he's never averaged 4 yards per carry. But I suppose here as a backup, here and there, he can be a solid player, but I think it's premature to say he's even a lock to make the roster.

Considering our talent on the offensive side of the ball, this is a tremendous pick up.

Nothing is a sure thing, but I think this could be huge. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Considering our talent on the offensive side of the ball, this is a tremendous pick up.

Nothing is a sure thing, but I think this could be huge. Of course, that's just my opinion.

You're just wrong:

39807-large.jpg

Sorry....John Cusack movie, so it had to be done.

The best line in the article is labeling the Pats an "arch rival." It's been two decades since the two teams saw each other that way. But the Raiders are in such denial about how bad they are that they see the best teams in the conference as rivals. really amazing.

Why does Al Davis even care if he comes to the Pats. I can see the Broncos (Division) and I suppose we do play the Raiders this year, but it's not like the addition of Jordan is going to be the difference between the Raiders winning or losing that game. Looks like someone has a grudge.

Why? because,

1. The Pats dominance over the rest of the league transcends Division/Conference boundaries.

2. The Pats' deserved reputation as the best organization in the NFL, especially in terms of making gold out of other teams' castoffs.

3. BB's deserved reputation as the best coach in the NFL.

4. Randy Moss, who is reportedly a great TEAM GUY now.

5. Al Davis is a tool (rich, but still a tool), and probably got a pit in his stomach when he heard NE snagged Jordon, knowing that in all probability Jordon is going to make the Raiders look like fools again.

Maybe Al should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask himself a few questions, such as:

How the Raiders have sunk from a history of 40 years of success, to now being considered a franchise worse than even the Lions or Cardinals in the past five years.

Why he drafted a kicker in the first round.

Why a player has a bad attitude with the Raiders, and a good attitude with another team.

Why he paid so much for Moss - and then ...

Why he agreed to get so little back in return for Moss in the trade to the Pats.

Why he didn't keep Jordan and draft Glenn Dorsey.

Why he didn't trade Jordan elsewhere if he didn't want him going to the Pats.

Why he cares so much about a player he didn't want.

Why he's so worried about the Pats when his own team has so many problems of their own.

Not in the same division, yes - But Al Davis HATES HATES HATES the Patriot's.

Why??

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule

That reason doesn't work for me, since the Pats and Raiders made trades in both of the past 2 seasons. Maybe Al just feels like he came off looking like a schmuck after Moss lit it up here, and doesn't want to risk that happening twice in a row. (Nightmare scenario: Jordan has a better season than McFadden.)

Word is Al was so mad he spit his dentures clear across the room.

Re: Report: Al Davis steamed at Jordan?s agent

Good. Anything that pisses off Al Davis and his brown teeth makes me a happy man. Seriously, that man is destroying his own organization. Kiffen is a good head coach and can turn that team around without the old Ikeman breathing down his neck. Just take a seat somewhere, Davis, and watch from the luxery box. Hopefully, Jordan rings up over 100 yards against the Faiders next season.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Davis is a freakin' idiot. First he hires a head coach who's younger than a lot of NFL assistants, then after his first year he tries to get Kiffen to resign - because he's too cheap to fire the guy! And no one could have done much with that team after the embarrassment that was the 2006 Raiders.

Screw Al Davis. He was good as the AFL commissioner 40+ years ago; ever since then he's been nothing but a cretin.

The "arch rival" term was coined by the agent, not Davis... Davis just really, really hates the Pats, and why not? They've made his franchise look like it's been run a bunch of clowns (well, maybe one solitary geriatric clown). Although, truth be told, they did get a fourth for loaning out Doug Gabriel to the Pats for a while, so it hasn't been entirely one sided. The Moss deal must have absolutely pushed him over the edge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back