PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report – Colt Lyerla is off the Patriots draft board

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Matt Miller of Bleacher Report is reporting that Colt Lyerla is off the Patriots draft board. I am not sure of the validity of the report but I am not surprised at all, if it is true.
Matt Miller: @RumfordJohnny @MikeReiss I'm sure Mike has heard as well, but I was told he's off the Patriots board as well as (at least) five other teams

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/456031809424220160

Personally, I am glad if it is the case, this draft is deep with talent and Lyerla is a problem child, after the Hernandez debacle I would rather be safe than sorry.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the report is true. The reaction in the community wouldn't be a very good one, given his remarks about the Newtown shootings. It's too bad Lyerla is such a head case because he's so talented.

This isn't exactly breaking news (the Tweet is from 4/15), and we don't even know if it's true or not. (Yes, Miller is well-connected, but the Patriots do smoke-screens as well as anyone in the league.)

I suspect it probably is, though; the Pats don't really need another headcase at TE.

Lyerla had the potential to embarrass the organization more than any prospect since maybe Lawrence Phillips or Cecil Collins. At some point, the risk/reward valuation becomes hopelessly lopsided.

Lyerla had the potential to embarrass the organization more than any prospect since maybe Lawrence Phillips or Cecil Collins. At some point, the risk/reward valuation becomes hopelessly lopsided.

I was thinking the Pats would want to give him a shot with the 7th or UDFA, but if this is true that he's off their board, they obviously feel like he's potentially AH V.2

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back