PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Replacing BJGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see BJGE's tweet thanking the fans for their support? He signed it "MHK player." Makes me think of him scoring his TD in the AFC Championship game and immediately pointing to the patch. Hard not to really like the guy. I hope he tears it up in Cincy (except when they play us).

Rather than lose a high draft pick to get Forte or Stewart I'd rather take a chance drafting Robert Turbin out of Utah on day 2 and use a 1 and our 2's on DE, DT and S.

Rather than lose a high draft pick to get Forte or Stewart I'd rather take a chance drafting Robert Turbin out of Utah on day 2 and use a 1 and our 2's on DE, DT and S.

I'd be on board with that. I'm not sure why people are against drafting a guy in the lower rounds to go along with Ridley/Vereen. BJGE was UDFA and I'm sure BB would've gladly let him be our feature back a 3rd straight season if he wasn't offered $5M/year somewhere else.

I'd be on board with that. I'm not sure why people are against drafting a guy in the lower rounds to go along with Ridley/Vereen. BJGE was UDFA and I'm sure BB would've gladly let him be our feature back a 3rd straight season if he wasn't offered $5M/year somewhere else.

my primary reason for not going with a rookie is the lask of experience that already exists at the position. don't mean to go spend big bucks, but we should have some additional experience back there

Not sure why we need to replace BJGE. He was the definition of an average back. Sure he's reliable and never (ever) put the ball on the ground but it's not like he was a threat to score every time he touched the ball. He just lacked explosiveness and was only good for a couple yards each time he ran the ball.

I, for one, am excited for the Ridley show to begin next year. I think the Pats are finally going to have a player that is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Excited to see Vareen as well. After investing a 2nd/3rd round pick last year I don't see why BB would select a RB high in the draft again but you never know.

Maybe bring in Bush for some veteran presence at the position (is he still available?).

BJGE is a classy guy and I enjoyed his time here but I think with the youth we have at the position it's time for the young guys to take over. Glad he got paid in Cincy and hope things work out for him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back