PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Replacing BJGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
None really. Either a rookie or no one...

RB/FB's under contract for the coming season:
Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Lousaka Polite, Eric Kettani

Let the S&S era begin.
Ridley got a taste playing last season, as well getting smacked by BB after his fumbles.

I also expects Pats to bring a vet RB or two for camp, ie Fred Taylor type, as BB has always done

I've made my admiration for Jonathan Stewart known for years. There's no need for me to make it known in another thread. ;)

I 2nd that. He would require a draft pick and hopefully a new deal (being in the final year of his rookie contract). But I think given full time duties and defenses concentrating on the Pats passing game he could easily be a top 10 back.

The Pats will definitely have to bring in a RB or two as they aren't going into the season with just three on the roster. They may go for five but four is a realistic shout. I wouldn't be amazed if we spent a 3rd rounder or acquired a lower pick for a RB. I'd take Michael Bush in a heart beat for the right money.

I definitely wouldn't object to a Jonathan Stewart either! He'd be well worth a draft pick!

Last edited:
I understand the future should be vereen and ridley, but based on the fact that vereen hardly played and that ridley coghed the ball up a few times, the pats need to have a vet on the roster for a year or so as an alternative. Someone like Ronnie Brown if he still has something left in the tank. He will come cheap and allow the young guys PT for development.

not looking for a guy to be an answer so much as a solution if they should need one

Addai
Battle, Jackie
Benson
Brown, Ronnie
Bush, Michael
Choice, Tashard
Graham, Earnest
Grant, Ryan
Hightower, Tim
Jacobs, Brandon
Moore, Mewledae
Smith, Kevin
Taylor, Chester
Torian, Ryan
Williams, Cadillac

Those guys are all available. Complete list here.

The era of mediocrity is over!!! Ridley works for me and please please please sign michael bush!!!

I LIKE BUSH! But doesn't he get hurt and out for several games every year?

You guys all seem to be looking for the the next "lead" back. That's not what we need. That torch has been passed to Ridley/Vareen. We don't need to replace Benny's yards in the middle of the field. We have already upgraded those. What we need to replace are the ones he got on the GL and in short yardage. THAT would have been his role, if he came back this year. But that limited role wouldn't have gotten him PAID,

My question to my betters is this. If you were looking for a GL/SY guy which of those RBs that are listed would be the best choice....because THAT's the guy we need.

.....or maybe we don't need him, and he's already on the roster in Polite/Katani. IIRC wasn't Polite's claim to fame at one time that he never failed at a 3rd or 4th and one? Something like that

Last edited:
I LIKE BUSH! But doesn't he get hurt and out for several games every year?

Thats his counterpart, Darren Mcfadden.

I personally love the Kevin Smith idea.

Maybe we should give the kids a chance to develop.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with how much they develop and play this 2012 season after a full season (2011) and off-season within the Patriots training regiment and playbook.

We haven't yet seen what a healthy Vereen with a full TC can do.

Polite may be the one yard and a cloud of dust RB that we need, or he may be Vereen's lead blocker in close. BB probably picks up another FA or draft pick as insurance. May the best man win.

It's going to be a fun season ! :rocker:

Vereen & Ridley are our RB's, I have little doubt about that. Ridley can absolutely do what BJGE did IF he cures his fumbles.

And what little we saw of Vereer last year was impressive imo. He can catch and has some very quick moves.

There will be Woody as well.

I'd like to see us bring in a big-body, move the pile, goal line RB. I'm fond of Michael Bush for that role, if the price is right.

Having seen Matt Forte's comments through his agent on Twitter, I'm having a nice day-dream about us trading for him.....

I didn't read his comments, but he probably wants a giant contract -- I don't see that happening when you've got 2 guys on rookie deals and the draft in front of us.

I did say it was a day-dream :)

Having seen Matt Forte's comments through his agent on Twitter, I'm having a nice day-dream about us trading for him.....

I think the Bears might do it for the 27th pick. CHI still has to re-up Okoye and possibly extend Urlacher & Briggs, plus the Bears will be more pass oriented & a power run game of Bush & Barber will compliment that. I can see Lovie drooling at the thought of retooling the defense drafting a DE & CB, then maybe draft Lamar Miller in the 2nd.

I wouldn't give the 27th pick for Matt Forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes