PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Repeated PatsFans Database Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone else been getting frequent 'There seems to be a problem with the database' messages?

It happens about a third of the time I click on a link.

EXTREMELY annoying.

Yep, I've been getting it all the time since the game last night.

I saw it too. Could be some random tech prob, could be high traffic due to the Minn game and the upcoming Indy game (not likely tho), could be an attack on the site. The site was just completely down for an hour, hopefully it's fixed.

alamo said:
I saw it too. Could be some random tech prob, could be high traffic due to the Minn game and the upcoming Indy game (not likely tho), could be an attack on the site. The site was just completely down for an hour, hopefully it's fixed.

It's always conforting to know it's not just me. :D

BTW I don't think it's quite fixed. I just got the annoying data base error screen again when I clicked to respond on this thread...

I hope they get the bugs out for the weekend.

I've lost replies to it.

And it prevented me multiple times over from reading threads here -- including this one.

maverick4 said:
Has anyone else been getting frequent 'There seems to be a problem with the database' messages?

It happens about a third of the time I click on a link.

EXTREMELY annoying.

ditto ten characters

Yep. Still got some this a.m. too.

It even has happend to me repeatedly.

Last night I thought that the "evil one" has come back as he/she did last fall. I was worried about the Cheerleader Thread.

There has been a problem with this site for a while now. Some times trying to get in and some time just going from thread to thread or page to gage.

Yes..and at times a "couldn't connect" message...making things difficult..hopefully a tranisent thing..High volume?? Good news then,,but for many who are on a lot, a nuisance..

Pats726 said:
Yes..and at times a "couldn't connect" message...making things difficult..hopefully a tranisent thing..High volume?? Good news then,,but for many who are on a lot, a nuisance..

Irony: reading a thread titled Repeated PatsFans Database Error, attempting to click to the main board and getting "Patsfans Database Error.":rolleyes:

The database error was caused by the mySQL database that holds the info for this board running out of connections. I would suggest that the technical staff, if they haven't done so, think about increasing the max connection limit.

Just a note that the big guy is aware of it and working to remedy it.

Fencer said:
I've lost replies to it.
If you get the error after typing a reply and hitting the post button, instead of hitting refresh, hit your back button, wait a bit and hit post again so that you don't lose your text. Don't get too click-happy though and make duplicate posts... if you do please tidy up after yourself. :)

We've been Polianized!!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Just a note that the big guy is aware of it and working to remedy it.

If you get the error after typing a reply and hitting the post button, instead of hitting refresh, hit your back button, wait a bit and hit post again so that you don't lose your text. Don't get too click-happy though and make duplicate posts... if you do please tidy up after yourself. :)

if you make duplicate posts, how do you 'tidy up' after yourself?

is there a way to delete your posts?

SamBam39 said:
if you make duplicate posts, how do you 'tidy up' after yourself?

is there a way to delete your posts?
Yup, you can delete your own posts as long as it's not the first post in a new thread. There's an option to delete the message when you go in to edit your post.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yup, you can delete your own posts as long as it's not the first post in a new thread. There's an option to delete the message when you go in to edit your post.

didn't know that - thanks!

We're moving off of this server in the next few days, I just need to check a couple things to make sure the databases will be compatible and that no other problems will be created as a result of the move. So hang with me a little longer until we finally get rid of these issues. - Ian

Ian said:
We're moving off of this server in the next few days, I just need to check a couple things to make sure the databases will be compatible and that no other problems will be created as a result of the move. So hang with me a little longer until we finally get rid of these issues. - Ian

Thanks, Ian, for your great work.

Ian said:

It won't have any effect on The Parking Lot, will it?

Ian said:

How about starting a new database and call this one the Archives or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes