PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reminder: We are 4-0 despite an all-time awful offseason and key injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
worst 4-0 team out there...but i don't mind :D

worst 4-0 team out there...but i don't mind :D

Don't you find it stupid that there is actually a discussion on worst 4-0 team. Let's look at the other 4-0 team's victories

Denver--
Baltimore- Not that good of a team right now
NYG- 0-4, Have allowed at least 31 points in each game. The last 3 games they've lost by 18, 38 and 24
Oakland- Enough said
Philadelphia- Worst defense in the league

Seattle--
Carolina- Squeaked by them 12-7
San Fran- Good division win but can't get a read on San Fran.
Jacksonville- lol
Houston- Probably should have lost that game but Kubiak and Schaub are idiots.

KC--
Jacksonville
Dallas- Their only wins are against St. Louis and NYG.
Philadelphia
NYG

NO--
Atlanta
TB
Arizona
Miami
*3 of them were at home (ATL, ARZ and MIA) and the one road game they kind of struggled and needed a last second FG to win.

Every 4-0 team has for the most part had an easy schedule so far.

But the sports media will not acknowledge that. They will only push the anti-Pats agenda.

Don't you find it stupid that there is actually a discussion on worst 4-0 team. Let's look at the other 4-0 team's victories

Denver--
Baltimore- Not that good of a team right now
NYG- 0-4, Have allowed at least 31 points in each game. The last 3 games they've lost by 18, 38 and 24
Oakland- Enough said
Philadelphia- Worst defense in the league

Seattle--
Carolina- Squeaked by them 12-7
San Fran- Good division win but can't get a read on San Fran.
Jacksonville- lol
Houston- Probably should have lost that game but Kubiak and Schaub are idiots.

KC--
Jacksonville
Dallas- Their only wins are against St. Louis and NYG.
Philadelphia
NYG

And for arguments sake

NO--
Atlanta
TB
Arizona
Miami
*3 of them were at home (ATL, ARZ and MIA) and the one road game they kind of struggled and needed a last second FG to win.

Every 4-0 team has for the most part had an easy schedule so far.

But the sports media will not acknowledge that. They will only push the anti-Pats agenda.

Yep, if the pats survive Cincinnati and NO ( which I think) to hit 6-0, this team will be looking good IMO. I just don't want them to peak to early.

Homer post, but I don't give a ****. It's remarkable that despite all of the stuff that happened this offseason, the offensive departures, Tebow drama, breaking in rookies all over the place and injuries arguably our top 2 or 3 skill position players we are currently 4-0 atop the AFC East.

Gotta give so much credit to this coaching staff.

... and when you look at other teams imploding like the Steelers and Giants, or supposedly great teams like the 49ers playing very mediocre football, you can better appreciate the hard work among the team members and the whole organization

Now, multiply that by the number of years of consistently excellent football in a supposed era of parity, and you can really appreciate the rare accomplishment we've been treated to

(For contrast purposes, bear in mind that Jets fans can only proudly boast that they have TIED the Houston Oilers for AFC East titles.)

Yep, if the pats survive Cincinnati and NO ( which I think) to hit 6-0, this team will be looking good IMO. I just don't want them to peak to early.

That's the nice thing though, they're far from peaking. Even on defense, they're not getting as many takeaways as usual and I can see them improving their too.

That's the nice thing though, they're far from peaking. Even on defense, they're not getting as many takeaways as usual and I can see them improving their too.

We peaked to early in 07 as a reference of peaking to early IMO. I think Denver is peaking too early on offense.

It is the good thing though. This offense probably won't be completely healthy until the last 7 weeks or later. Just need them healthy if we make the playoffs (should).

Agreed, Have to always account for Sproles dinks and dunks and beatin linebackers down sidelines.

hmm well Sproles is just featured this week because no one else was open. Last week it was graham, before that Stills, or Moore, or Thomas, or Colston, Meachum, Toon, etc. I think theres an import point being missed.
I think you need to kill the head, because Brees has lots of guys that need double covering.

hmm well Sproles is just featured this week because no one else was open. Last week it was graham, before that Stills, or Moore, or Thomas, or Colston, Meachum, Toon, etc. I think theres an import point being missed.
I think you need to kill the head, because Brees has lots of guys that need double covering.

Right now, the Saints have four receivers to worry about, and two of them are running backs. Meachem, for example, has only 16 catches in his last 18 games played, and he hasn't had more than 3 catches in a game since 10/9/11.*

*I'd add Watson in as a fifth, but the Saints aren't using him in such a way that he's an issue for opposing teams.

Right now, the Saints have four receivers to worry about, and two of them are running backs. Meachem, for example, has only 16 catches in his last 18 games played, and he hasn't had more than 3 catches in a game since 10/9/11.*

*I'd add Watson in as a fifth, but the Saints aren't using him in such a way that he's an issue for opposing teams.

But Meachum will if hes not covered, and has in the past. Yeah Watson is a solid TE pick. There are to many people to cover, and thats SP's plan. Brees is an elite QB, so we got lucky, but any QB would have success with the weapons SP has put on the field. A smart QB with limited arm and great vision. Alex Smith would do well here. They key is getting to Brees. No one can cover all the weapons.

That's the media for you

But Meachum will if hes not covered, and has in the past. Yeah Watson is a solid TE pick. There are to many people to cover, and thats SP's plan. Brees is an elite QB, but any QB would have success with the weapons SP has put on the field. A QB with limited arm and great vision. Alex Smith would do well here.

Don't take what I said as a knock. It's just that the Saints don't have a 5th receiver who's established himself as any real threat yet. They may find such a player on the roster. I wouldn't bet the house that it will be Meachem, though. He's always been a disappointment, IMO, and 2 catches in 3 games is not exactly a great start for him.

You beat the Saints by getting pressure with four (or getting pressure with five really, realy quickly) and knocking Brees around. That's it and that's all.

Unlikey Peyton Manning, you can't outsmart Brees with cute coverages. He's so good at taking the high percentage completion.

Anyway, last I checked the Bengals were next week. Let's not sleep on Dalton, Green, Gresham, Eifert, Sanu, and Giovani Bernard (he's looking better and better every week) and that defensive line.

Anyway, last I checked the Bengals were next week. Let's not sleep on Dalton, Green, Gresham, Eifert, Sanu, and Giovani Bernard (he's looking better and better every week) and that defensive line.

Sorry but i am fast asleep on Dalton

Don't take what I said as a knock. It's just that the Saints don't have a 5th receiver who's established himself as any real threat yet. They may find such a player on the roster. I wouldn't bet the house that it will be Meachem, though. He's always been a disappointment, IMO, and 2 catches in 3 games is not exactly a great start for him.

true Meachem never lived up to his #1 draft status, but got us a big 3rd down today, and won our game in 2009 vs the redskins. Its really people you dont think about that SP uses as the people to hurt another team, sproles wasnt featured in most games. Amazing win btw, love your D. I dont hink we are beating you at home, and think were going 4-2 , but will learn.

Sorry but i am fast asleep on Dalton

Did you fall asleep during the first three years of Brady's career too or were you just becoming a fan then? Dalton and Brady's first three years as starters are eerily similar from a playing stand point (obviously not the Super Bowls). I'd even argue that Dalton's been asked to do a bit more than Brady, some of that can possibly be attributed to the way the game has changed the last 10 years.

Did you fall asleep during the first three years of Brady's career too or were you just becoming a fan then? Dalton and Brady's first three years as starters are eerily similar from a playing stand point (obviously not the Super Bowls). I'd even argue that Dalton's been asked to do a bit more than Brady, some of that can possibly be attributed to the way the game has changed the last 10 years.

Dalton...the next Tom Brady. You know it bro

Homer post, but I don't give a ****. It's remarkable that despite all of the stuff that happened this offseason, the offensive departures, Tebow drama, breaking in rookies all over the place and injuries arguably our top 2 or 3 skill position players we are currently 4-0 atop the AFC East.

Gotta give so much credit to this coaching staff.

How can it be"an awful off season" when we end up with 7 rookies ans 7 UDFAs making a team that won in the double digits last season, and is currently undefeated?

How can it be"an awful off season" when we end up with 7 rookies ans 7 UDFAs making a team that won in the double digits last season, and is currently undefeated?

I believe he was referring to the loss of Hernandez, the media storm that followed and continues to follow, the loss of Welker, injury status of Gronk with his surgeries, Dennard's arrest and his potential unavailability, and several more issues I am likely forgetting. Unless you enjoyed debating the nuances of murder trials, I would characterize that as fairly awful.

In general, completely overhauling an offense that set records last season with 14 new players is not viewed as a good thing. The fact that the move has gone so well is the point of the OP, and a testament to the Pats' team concept and coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes