PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reminder to Everyone: Ben Roethlisberger is still a Creep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reminder to Everyone: Ben is still a Creep

Problem is there are plenty of creeps in the NFL.

The Packers have a guy on their roster who was accused of rape in the pre-season.

And Roethlisberger is coming off a game where he was going head-to-head with a guy who was accused of rape in college.

Then you have guys like Ray Lewis, past high-profile offenders like Cory Dillon, Ray Caruth, etc.

I don't think people will forget, but it comes with the sport unfortunately.

Nailed it. And the media would have loved it almost as much had the matchup featured an (alleged) 3 hole plugging toe fettishist vs. an (alleged) workplace sexual text and **** pic harasser... Oh the redemption storylines, and storylines are all the media ever cares about. And then there is that segment of the NFL fanbase these days, the madden generation, that only cares about an individual players fantasy value and could give a you know what about whether or not they have any actual human values.

That said, Ben isn't elite. He's a guy who landed in the right spot for a hard nosed, strong armed load. The Steelers run the ball and stop the run and pass on defense. All they ever needed at the QB position was above average. If anything for them the downside of Ben has been an ego that wants to be elite and sometimes forces the issue with their OC. That was why he and Wisenhut butted heads. Arians has been on the hot seat more than once in his tenure for basically acquiessing to Ben's desire to focus more on the passing offense. When they can run the ball that team can win even without elite QBing as his suspension (and that first SB win) underscored.

What does any of that have to do with fantasy football? I know you need to find something new to blame the "fantasy football generation" for every week, but most of the time it's completely irrelevant to the point that you're trying to make, and this is no exception.

Last edited:

The Packers have a guy on their roster who was accused of rape in the pre-season.

And Roethlisberger is coming off a game where he was going head-to-head with a guy who was accused of rape in college.

Then you have guys like Ray Lewis, past high-profile offenders like Cory Dillon, Ray Caruth, etc.

Exactly. Ben may very well be a cretin but there are a lot of really bad men on both teams. We just don't know who they all are.

Who knew what an unmitigated jerk Dave Meggitt was until we knew that he was a rapist and he got 30 years for same?

I'm willing to bet that many of the folks who are dwelling on Ben's terrible character thought of Dave Meggitt has a high character guy at one point or another.

I certainly did. I thought that you couldn't have enough guys like Meggitt on your team.

My point isn't that I'm a poor judge of character. It's that we should all have a little humility when we knock Ben on this topic because we know so little about him and his cohorts when it gets right down to it.

creepaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah man big ben is acting all happy go lucky in all his interviews now. Dude is a clown, throwin picks and assaultin chicks. Oh yeah, and someone mentioned ray lewis before.....i think everyone forgot that he MURDERED 2 people.

He's done well, but he's not in that elite class yet, take away that defense and ground game that he has always had and people wouldn't be talking about 3 Lombardi trophies
You could say basically the same thing about Tom Brady. Be realistic here. Roethlisberger is a clutch player, however much we might hate to admit it. If he wins a ring and plays well while doing so, he could make a run for HoF status.

Don't forget about Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger's past behavior - Ann Killion - SI.com

im sorry, they are hyping this guy as an elite QB and are completely forgetting what happened in georgia. go to the steelers board and you'll read how ben has changed, etc. what a bunch of nonsense. goodell could have and should have suspended him for an ENTIRE season but caved to the rooney family and their influence. steelers should not even be in the super bowl.

id like to take this post and use it as examples of : ****yhurt, jealous, sore loser..etc

Reminder to Everyone: Ben is in the Super Bowl, we are not. Go cry in the corner somewhere else.

Rae Caruth paid someone to kill his pregnant girlfriend. There was clear and convincing evidence of this and he was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder. This is not a "creep", this is a murderer. Also, I'm not sure why Ray Lewis keeps getting lumped in here.

Yeah man big ben is acting all happy go lucky in all his interviews now. Dude is a clown, throwin picks and assaultin chicks. Oh yeah, and someone mentioned ray lewis before.....i think everyone forgot that he MURDERED 2 people.

I must be missing something re: Ray Lewis. There was apparently some evidence that his friends killed those people (although they were ultimately found not guilty), but I am not aware of any evidence that suggests Ray Lewis killed those people. At any rate, this is not an OJ Simpson situation where a clearly guilty man was set free.

That said, Ben isn't elite. He's a guy who landed in the right spot for a hard nosed, strong armed load. The Steelers run the ball and stop the run and pass on defense. All they ever needed at the QB position was above average. If anything for them the downside of Ben has been an ego that wants to be elite and sometimes forces the issue with their OC. That was why he and Wisenhut butted heads. Arians has been on the hot seat more than once in his tenure for basically acquiessing to Ben's desire to focus more on the passing offense. When they can run the ball that team can win even without elite QBing as his suspension (and that first SB win) underscored.

Yeah. Interesting. Without Holmes' amazing catch against the Cardinals he's not even in the discussion. In the SB win over Seattle, he put up a Pass Rating of 22.6, but was saved because of a great day by Hines Ward. You're right. He's a case of right guy, right team, right receivers. The problem is that if he picks up a third ring, the drums will beat to put him in Canton.

Last edited:

Dude, that is just wrong. Lewis was found guilty of obstructing justice.
That is, he wouldn't talk about what happened made the investigation more difficult.
No law enforcement people think he was involved in killing someone.
This doesn't make him Mother Teresa, but he did not kill anyone.

Being an elite QB has nothing to do with his off the field issues.

That is, he wouldn't talk about what happened made the investigation more difficult.

Hey *******, if you're gonna flat out call me wrong, why don't you at least show some evidence supporting you opinion.

He was involved in an altercation with the men who were shot. Maybe he didn't pull the trigger as their limo was driving away, although I think he did. But he probably ordered his "goons" to pull the trigger. C'mon man, think about it...

He was involved in an altercation with the men who were shot. Maybe he didn't pull the trigger as their limo was driving away, although I think he did. But he probably ordered his "goons" to pull the trigger. C'mon man, think about it...

You sound very knowledgable. Are you thinking about Biggie and Tupac, because no one got shot in the Ray Lewis incident. The victims died of stab wounds.

You sound very knowledgable. Are you thinking about Biggie and Tupac, because no one got shot in the Ray Lewis incident. The victims died of stab wounds.

were you there man?

there were 5 shots fired as a limo or navigator pulled away....maybe nobody got hit, who the **** cares.....shots were fired and ray lewis was involved

You have got to be kidding me!!!

You're comparing Corey Dillon being accused of having a bad attitude because he said the Bengals would never win with the Brown family running the Bengals, to Rae Carruth being found guilty of hiring a hitman to murder his ex-girlfriend who was eight months pregnant with their baby?

???????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye