PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reminder to Everyone: Ben Roethlisberger is still a Creep

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Don't forget about Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger's past behavior - Ann Killion - SI.com

im sorry, they are hyping this guy as an elite QB and are completely forgetting what happened in georgia. go to the steelers board and you'll read how ben has changed, etc. what a bunch of nonsense. goodell could have and should have suspended him for an ENTIRE season but caved to the rooney family and their influence. steelers should not even be in the super bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Reminder to Everyone: Ben is still a Creep

Don't forget about Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger's past behavior - Ann Killion - SI.com

im sorry, they are hyping this guy as an elite QB and are completely forgetting what happened in georgia. go to the steelers board and you'll read how ben has changed, etc. what a bunch of nonsense. goodell could have and should have suspended him for an ENTIRE season but caved to the rooney family and their influence. steelers should not even be in the super bowl.

What part of the 'elite QB' classifications entail off-the-field issues? Maybe he did change? Is it so hard to believe that people can learn from their mistakes? I'm not a Steelers fan, nor am I a Big Ben fan, but you just sound like a cynical hater. Is LT not one of the best LB ever because he was convicted and is now a registered sex offender? I understand guys that take steroids in baseball and that tarnishes what they have done on the field, but how does allegedly raping someone make a person not an elite QB? There's a good chance that this guy is still a pervert, but there is also a good chance he has changed. One thing for certain is that he's won two SBs and has a chance to win a 3rd. Stop hating.

What precedent does the commissioner have for suspending players for an entire season that have done things suspect to the code of conduct definitively? A lot, see Burress and Vick. What precedent does he have for suspending players that were acquitted by this country's legal system? None. Let alone, Big Ben wasn't even charged. Do I think Big Ben is a model citizen? **** no. But he doesn't deserved to be dragged through the mud because he made some poor decisions in the past, give it a rest.

Last edited:

Don't need any reminding of that. I think most people with good judgment realize his character is not good. But if you seperate personal life and football I'm sure you will find he is one of the better QB's in the league. Like him or hate him he is going for his 3rd NFL title. Although he is the owner of the worst QB rating in SB history with a 23.7% and the worst refereed SB in history as well.

One can be both an "Elite QB" and a rapist.
As for the Steelers being a "classy" organization, even if it was real once upon a time it has been to tossed out the window once they decided to keep Ben this summer.
Steve Nelson is proved very prophetic with his statement about Jeff Dahmer and the NFL.

Selfish thugs have bad football character.
Team-oriented thugs have good football character.

And as noted, Ben R. hasn't been convicted of anything, and what he's nonetheless CLEARLY guilty of (illegal or just boorish behavior) isn't the heavy stuff.

Don't need any reminding of that. I think most people with good judgment realize his character is not good. But if you seperate personal life and football I'm sure you will find he is one of the better QB's in the league. Like him or hate him he is going for his 3rd NFL title. Although he is the owner of the worst QB rating in SB history with a 23.7% and the worst refereed SB in history as well.

Is that SB rating true?? I was questioning how he could be compared with Brady Manning right after a 35% rating against the Jets, but this stat is even more convincing.

Please recall folks that Rooney came very close to dropping R-berg during the rape accusation period. He's been no great fan of his star quarterback--not before, during and most likely after his most recent loutish brute actions. [/I][/I]

Sounds like Sour Grapes.

Is that really the kind of commish you want? One who suspends players who are not found guilty for a whole year? I think 4 games was too much, maybe a game would of been ok. Funny how Pats fans think he gives breaks to The Jets and now appeartently the steelers as well. Jets fans think he's a Kiss ass to Robert Kraft for some reason. I guess whatever fits your agenda is convienent.

Wow what an embarrassment to the league having Ben in the SB. Worse than having Rex Ryan there. Not sure what was worse image wise for the league; Ben in the SB or Ray Lewis.

cool_story_bro.gif

It's interesting that the Steelers' fanbase has such blinders on when it comes to their team's history. Rampant steroid use in the '70s and beyond, bailing out numerous players from the '70s through the present who were charged with criminal activity and this scumbag QB as the face of their franchise. And then, they claim they were cheated out of SBs by the cheating Patriots. Without a doubt, the most hypocritical franchise in American sports, professional or otherwise. What a joke...

He's done well, but he's not in that elite class yet, take away that defense and ground game that he has always had and people wouldn't be talking about 3 Lombardi trophies, that can't be questioned. In many cases, the Steelers have won in spite of what Big Ben has done, I think his stats speak to that.

I mean he has always had the luck, no one can question that, as have the Steelers. Each and every year they somehow end up with what seems to be the easiest schedule in the NFL time and time again. Big Ben has his first Lombardi literally handed to him on some of the most bogus calls and non-calls ever made in Superbowl history. And admitted by officials.

In the RCA Dome on the Bettis fumble, 99% of the CB's cut that run back outside and down the sidelines, take it to paydirt and end the game. This idiot Colt DB (Jason David I believe?) for some unknown reason decides to cut his run back inside the hashes that ultimately allows Ben to trip him up and ultimately seal the game for Pitt. If that's any other team, that CB takes that ball outside the hashes and Ben has no shot and the Steelers are toast. Luck has always been on the side of this team time and again.

Luck continues for Big Ben after the Georgia incident, one of many I'm sure. What should be a clear conviction, "some how, some miraculous way" turns into what appears to be a complete cover-up and Big Ben payoff and nothing but a bogus little 4 game suspension is the end result. Money buys a lot and it bought Big Ben and the Steelers alot here. WOW !

At any rate, it's going to be sweet watching Aaron Rodgers light up that defense and watching BJ Ragi tear up that middle without Pouncey allowing Matthews to pummel Ben into oblivion. Going to be sweet to watch the black and gold go down real hard in the big game. Can't wait.

Last edited:

i don't care what any of you say. Read the Midgeville, GA police report, in which there is a link in the article, then tell me you feel the same way about Ben. I really could care less what his on field performance is - he should not be in the game period. And whoever said above that 4 games suspension was too much????? what the heck???? srsly dude, spikes got 3 games for taking an ADD drug that happened to be on the banned substance list.

The guy's probably a scumbag, but he's also a really really good quarterback. They're not mutually exclusive.

he stopped the Jets for me - he's a hero in my book

i don't care what any of you say. Read the Midgeville, GA police report, in which there is a link in the article, then tell me you feel the same way about Ben. I really could care less what his on field performance is - he should not be in the game period. And whoever said above that 4 games suspension was too much????? what the heck???? srsly dude, spikes got 3 games for taking an ADD drug that happened to be on the banned substance list.
He said, She said.

And they were both drunk.

End of Story, nothing to see here, move along.

The guy was never convicted of anything. He's about to win his 3rd Super Bowl. He will go down as an elite QB and may win 1-2 more before Brady gets another shot. The country league and fans across the country love and respect the Steelers and the Rooneys.

We might not like it here but unfortunately that is the truth. I hate to say it but BB, the Patriots and the Krafts do not get the media ball-washing that the Steelers do.

I don't know when it happened...maybe when the NFL decided that "rehabilitated" felons could play after they did their time...but the NFL has clearly decided that "character" does not "count" when it comes to building the TV audience and putting fannies in seats on Sundays. All that matters is performance on the field. The only thing that would have gotten the league's attention would have been a fan or viewer boycott of the Steelers this year or of Vick the last two years. Neither occurred...in fact the opposite.

Look at it this way, except for a bad game, we could have had the (alleged) "Rapist" vs. the (convicted) "Dog Killer" Super Bowl.

Last edited:

I don't know when it happened...maybe when the NFL decided that "rehabilitated" felons could play after they did their time...but the NFL has clearly decided that "character" does not "count" when it comes to building the TV audience and putting fannies in seats on Sundays. All that matters is performance on the field. The only thing that would have gotten the league's attention would have been a fan or viewer boycott of the Steelers this year or of Vick the last two years. Neither occurred...in fact the opposite.

Look at it this way, except for a bad game, we could have had the (alleged) "Rapist" vs. the (convicted) "Dog Killer" Super Bowl.

Nailed it. And the media would have loved it almost as much had the matchup featured an (alleged) 3 hole plugging toe fettishist vs. an (alleged) workplace sexual text and **** pic harasser... Oh the redemption storylines, and storylines are all the media ever cares about. And then there is that segment of the NFL fanbase these days, the madden generation, that only cares about an individual players fantasy value and could give a you know what about whether or not they have any actual human values.

That said, Ben isn't elite. He's a guy who landed in the right spot for a hard nosed, strong armed load. The Steelers run the ball and stop the run and pass on defense. All they ever needed at the QB position was above average. If anything for them the downside of Ben has been an ego that wants to be elite and sometimes forces the issue with their OC. That was why he and Wisenhut butted heads. Arians has been on the hot seat more than once in his tenure for basically acquiessing to Ben's desire to focus more on the passing offense. When they can run the ball that team can win even without elite QBing as his suspension (and that first SB win) underscored.

to_crying.gif

spikes got 3 games for taking an ADD drug that happened to be on the banned substance list.

I thought Spikes had a 4 game suspension?

Either way, there is too much inconsistency with this crap of a case. I'm not defending him in any way but they couldn't prove it, even though I believe he's guilty. Isnt he a repeat offender? Then the chick decides to "backdown" because the thought of her ruining her life over this wasnt worth it? its just a bad situation in every aspect of the allegation.

He had his cop buddies cover up for him, easy as that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots