Welcome to PatsFans.com

Remember when we just gave them blankets and the common cold

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by atomdomb, Oct 14, 2010.

1. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Pairing food, early-vote rallies raises legal risks | argusleader.com | Argus Leader

Pairing food, early-vote rallies raises legal risks

Democrats in South Dakota are holding three early-vote rallies on reservations this week that will feature "feeds" to attract potential voters.

A lot of it depends on the context of how it's being done," Secretary of State Chris Nelson said. State law forbids candidates and campaigns from "offering anything of value" to get people to vote - not just to vote for a particular candidate or issue, but to vote in general.

In 1998, then-Attorney General Mark Barnett and then-U.S. Attorney Karen Schreier issued a written warning to political parties about offering "a meal, money, gifts or whatever" in exchange for voting. Barnett followed that with another letter five months later that said under state law, "any giveaways or incentives offered as an encouragement for people to vote are prohibited. The statute is very broad and should be so construed."

Ahh yes, the Dems are getting desparate. They must be afraid of the the 28%ers. By the way, I haven't seen anyone using that douchy 28% reference lately. Soon it will be Obama's approval rating then maybe I can be a douche and use it like the other caulksniffs.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

The slobbering squealing racist bastard left wing phony's are always bleating about the Muslims and other Minority's why do the Bigot Bastards ignore The American Indian, why don't they put them in TV Commercials and left wing Sit Coms, why aren't there any INDIAN FIRE fIGHTERS

THE INDIANS SHOULD TELL THE RACIST SCUM TO SHOVE THEIR FOOD UP THEIR A$S.

ATTENTION INDIANS:
    BEWARE OF DO-GOODERS THEY WILL USE YOU THEN DUMP YOU, ARE THERE ANY SHAWNEE GANG BANGERS?
  3. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bartender! I'll have what Harry's having and two olives plz!

On a serious note, if you have to bribe anyone to vote for your party/canidate that's pretty pathetic on all levels. Dem's messed up and now they are going to pay for their false promises and lies, too bad the other party is a complete joke....

Welcome to America! Where most of our politicians don't know their ass from a hole in the ground!:rocker:

Better grab our ankle's its going too be a long ride folks untill we realize the two party system is broke and needs to be changed.

Anyone watch the debate last night? God we are in trouble when we have to pick between a sellout and a witch who doesn't believe in dinosaurs....It's like having to choose between horse **** and dog ****.....thier both ****!:bricks:
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

There are no people as Vile, Rotten, Smelly,PusogismDishonest Sh!t as a Politician, they are the Scum of Jesus & Gods green earth, many of them read this forum as many of them are football fans to them I say "F-ck You You Grinning Swine Lying Basturd""

Support Affirmative Action For "Bolivians"

How do these sound
    NAABP (national association for Bolivian people)
    Bolivian Caucus
    Bolivian Panthers
    BET (Bolivian entertainment)

President Running Wolf America's first Indian President
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The thread title assumes everyone agrees with you, the collective "We" is effed up in this case.

This is kinda funny, how pi$$ED YOU PEOPLE get when someone is offering a meal for a vote. When your political philosophy is bankrolled by multi-nationals, CEO's, trust fund kids, and the country clubbers offering a Gulfstream ride to tahiti with all the little boys, and lotions they can handle for a change in policy.

reDICulous.

ah yeas... 28%ers....

27% of which are the joke of the other 1%. You are not in their club, you never will be. They bank on the fact that you THINK you are one of them. The tea-party is the exact same cruel joke. Funded by the Koch brothers and Dick Armey...they are laughing at you too.
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

I realize there are people on "both sides" who truly believe "us" and "them" as in, "It's us against THEM" actually exists....

Well, here's a newsflash...there is no "Us" or "Them".

You can choose to believe they/us/them exist...you can wan to believe that it's "us against them" with all your might, heart & soul...but neither groups exists except in the minds of those who like this fantasy. But all we get is one vote each and we all have the right to vote as we wish.

In the end, when the votes are counted, all that is left is "US".

Wake up America!
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  7. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I thought it was smallpox that the blankets were infected with (assuming that we are talking about the same incident...Lord Jeffrey Amherst and all that).
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Better still remember when we took all of their land and replaced it with crappy spaces...

American Dreams Include Indians...
  9. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

:(
    oh, I'm not pissed. This is called gloating. How could I not gloat? The power of stupidity took over last election and the best possible thing that could've happened did happen. The country elected a total f-up. This dude hadn't run a lemonade stand and now he is running the country. He ostracized half of the country immediately and now he is trying to do the same to about 70% of his own party. Also, the same political hacks that were elected over and over again were still there. It was the perfect storm to lead to real change. Now a corpse like H. Reid is fighting for his continued cronyism against someone like Sharron Angle. Really? One of the most powerful dems may lose to Sharron Angle??? You guys are screwed.

Actually, your whole post sounds like you are a little pissy today. That 28% got you down. :(
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Nope.

Its like you forgot how $#1tty the Bush administration was. After the fake wars and their discressionary spending, the tortures, the terrorist attacks, the housing collapse, $4/gal gas etc.etc. My farts would've beaten McCain. Seriously. People had lived in the wake of a very dangerous policy that beared its fruit of failure.

Its odd that 28%ers think that the last 2 years have been horrible, we have yet to see the result of any policy. You keep pointing to "spending" and "Obamacare", both of which have yet to mature and result in anything.

I do agree with booting out lifetime politicians, but the Tea-party isnt electing rocket scientists. People who believe that evolution is a myth because they cant watch a chimp evolve. People who believe in the barter system, and that sharia law exists in Michigan? We are replacing corporate shills with dim-witted morons.

You somehow think thats progress?

a'ight....
  11. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So what would you do? Leave the current morons in power?
  12. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

HarryBoy....

I bring you tee pees and fire figures:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:eek:
  13. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he is saying.

Do not jump to conclusions on Obama...... We had 8 years of the Bushleague:(

Obama's platforms and agenda has not even materialized yet.

I could be wrong..... but I think the bold part is what he means:)
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

No, of course not. The wise thing to do is to bring in former witches, Nazi reenactors, the mother of the World Wrestling Federation, a California billionaire and every gay/racial bigot we can find.

:singing::singing::singing::singing:
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I agree............
  16. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I bet they'd at least bring their notes to a debate.
  17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -9

18. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You are trying to be witty and funny and we all get it. Bravo! The sad part is that the majority of the country thinks your party sucks so bad that all these people you mention have a good chance at election. Congratulations for supporting the party that sucks worse than witches, bigots, billionaires, blah blah blah...
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I'll take a Witch any day over somebody like that vicious politician grinning creep Pelosi.

Whats wrong with witches anyway, I have never read anything bad about them?
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

You agree in #15 above, but now you disagree.. forget the meds???