PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remember when we had the most injuries ever in a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
How did that turn out in 2003-2004?

Do not be concerned. Losing Brady sucks, but we have one of the best coaches ever.

Do not be concerned. Losing Brady sucks, but we have one of the best coaches ever.
We had more in 05....and???? It was too many to manage and yet BB did an incredible job getting the team as far as he did..Yes..03..04 the team had a LOT...but also none to Brady...which I think is a bit more important...He's always been the one HARD to replace..this year will be interesting...
Actually it was the most injuries ever of a team winning a Super Bowl...and it had to do with the number of different players that started a game.. There have been MANY teams with worse injuries..and they fail to make the playoffs..

Last edited:
Remember the year we lost our Pro-bowl QB to an injury early in the season and we had to replace him with this scrawny kid that we picked up with a late second day draft pick.

The quarterback position is the mot important position in a game that for the most part means TEAM

BB can coach better than most of them but he cannot play quarterback or any other position he can only send out the plays - The quarterback must be talented enough to carry out the plays successfully especially one that requires passing.

Does Cassel have enough talent to take BBs plays and carry them out as planned on a regular basis? - I say no but we shall see what happens.

The quarterback position is the mot important position in a game that for the most part means TEAM

BB can coach better than most of them but he cannot play quarterback or any other position he can only send out the plays - The quarterback must be talented enough to carry out the plays successfully especially one that requires passing.

Does Cassel have enough talent to take BBs plays and carry them out as planned on a regular basis? - I say no but we shall see what happens.

Funny how you judge Cassell before even getting a chance to see him play much. Considering the most recent playing time he has gotten resulted in three scoring drives and helping the team win the opener, I say give at least a bit of chance before finding his talent lacking.

Great point. Still don't want injuries, especially to a key player but there is NO DOUBT that injuries can be overcome.

This sound strange but here's the brightside - Brady got hurt right at the start of the year. This is actually a good thing. Had Brady and the offense been playing all year and gotten back into a rythm and THEN he got hurt, it would have derailed the hopes of the real prize - a Super Bowl. As I see it, it could take Cassel a couple of weeks to get comfortable and I'd rather have him doing that in September rather than December as truly important games and possible playoffs roll around.

Remember Carson Palmer getting hurt in the playoffs? Cincy folded like a tent.

It's not too late to recover. We have the advantage of time....and a 1-0 record to start with.

This one time, at band camp....

I love how all the great posters and long time members of this forum have turned into such bandwagoners. Seriously you people who just keep bringing the negative should get off now and dont expect the wagon to slow for you again :mad:

Yea but we didn't lose Brady in 2003-2004. This is not that complicated.

We have no idea what Cassel will be, granted. But the fact that Tom Brady came along in 2001 and was great, means absolutely nothing in reagards to how well Matt Cassel will perform. The early return from Sunday was good. We'll see what happens from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back