Welcome to PatsFans.com

Remember This Last Year

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Remember the yowling, the dirty names they called Bush, remember the NY Times headlines, remember the outrage from The Obama News Agency (MSNBC & NBC) remember the scumbags in Washington, Murtha, Fonda Kerry, Uncle Teddy, Skanko Pelosi.
    It's still going on, when is Messiah Prince Barry going to end the war, where did all those Anti War People go, where the hell is Sean Penn and Looney Clooney, when will The Prince close Gitmo.
    Soldiers still dying in Afganistan and the Liberal Bush Hater Loons are silent.
    7 US troops killed throughout Afghanistan
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Regime change is always messy, especially when the lib/left gets energized. Bush should not have gone to war. If he had held off war and sought other peaceful ways to reconcile with the radical Muslim world, Jeb Bush would be president right now.

//
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

A solid majority of Americans opposed the War on Iraq by the time Obama got elected.

A solid majority supports the Afghanistan War, provided the goal is to go after Al Qaeda.

Also, many anti-war people trust Obama, understand that in Iraq and elsewhere he's trying to wind down highly complex operations.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Here's why we cannot win in Afghanistan...EVER!...:

"The U.S. general in charge of NATO's Afghanistan mission said Wednesday he expects another year of "explosive growth" in the country's poppy fields, a harvest militants will turn into weapons for use against Afghan and NATO troops.

"The money associated with poppy and opiate production continues to appear to be very good," McNeill told a news conference. "So without pressure or incentives or dissuasion to keep people from growing it, I expect the amount grown next year to increase."

After a record haul in 2006, Afghan farmers increased opium production some 34% in 2007. Afghanistan last year produced 93% of the world's opium, the main ingredient in heroin. Its export value was estimated at $4 billion."

U.S. expects record poppy crop in Afghanistan - USATODAY.com

Were never going to have any permanent and widespread success in Afghanistan. We are just the latest great military to get there and find our tactics, technology and will are completely ill-suited for any purpose there. We might as well send astronauts to the moon without space suits and oxygen. Obama knows this. We are there to play whack-a-mole. Our policies are outdated and Obama's full of crap when he even remotely suggests we can "win" there. In fact, he doesn't even go there anymore.

From the Globe:
    "On the campaign trail, Obama invoked the great code word of Vietnam, criticizing Republican rival John McCain with, “So far, all he’s done is follow George Bush into the quagmire of Iraq.’’...

...Obama told Newsweek in May that “My strong view is that we are not going to succeed simply by piling on more and more troops. The Soviets tried that; it didn’t work out too well for them. The British tried it; it didn’t work. We have to see our military action in the context of a broader effort to stabilize security in the country.’’...

"...anti-US resentment is building in Afghanistan after air strikes and firefights in which American forces are killing many innocent civilians. The US military said that in one incident in May, 26 civilians were killed, but local human rights groups and officials said the death toll was much higher, between 86 and 140. A United Nations report found that the killing of 828 civilians by US and Afghan forces last year is not all that far behind the 1,160 civilian deaths attributed to Taliban."

A quagmire for Obama - The Boston Globe
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Afganistan is another Viet Nam but it is now Prince Barry's war so as little as possible will be said about Death & Atrocities by The Obama Media, if something occurs that can't be blamed on the Hated Bush it won't be reported.

Yes, even I admit Bush should never have gone to war in Iraq, Saddam's torture and killings should have been left for the Slimey UN and the Amnesty people to handle.

We have one thing to be thankful for, The Anti War Kooks Are Silent.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Poor Cindy Sheehan is out of a job. But she's happy about it. Would rather have her in Congress than that batty Pelosi, though. :nooo:

//
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

I'm not so sure our goal is to "win." I read a couple weeks ago that there have been some very low level talks with the less radical Taliban. I think our goal is to get Al Qaeda kicked out of Afghanistan. If that means working with the Taliban, so be it. I'm not saying that's a noble goal, but I think it's a more realistic one than winning, for the reasons that you cited.
  8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This time last year Bush was laying pretty low, was'nt he?
    Lame Ducking so to speak.

As for Afghanistan, difference is that we belong there. We did not belong in Iraq.
    They both really suck.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

We'll see, but you're sounding like a paranoid party shill. Stop whining about the "Media" as if they aren't willing to savage Obama.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yes, the goal is not to "win" so much as to ensure that a moderate, more open-minded government is established in Afghanistan. Anybody but the wacko fringe radicals is the best we can hope for, and I believe this is what Obama is attempting. Hopefully.

//
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

We do not "belong" in either place. We belong here. We should be enforcing borders and especially ports. 5% of cargo being inspected is our greatest national security threat. It's every president's nightmare.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

I try not to but I can't help it, the Double Standard in this country drives me crazy, it's pretty hard to imagine NBC saying anything against their Pretty Poster Boy no matter what he does, I'll try.
  13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

military lesson number 1...........if your goal is not outright victory, leave the soldiers at home
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

BINGO!

We got BINGO!
  15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Agreed. I'm planning on posting a thread regarding border security sometime soon.
    What I was trying to say was that at least in Afghanistan, we have what I would call a clear mission. I have'nt seen that in Iraq.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I remember Ruth, Zeituni, George One Hut ... that's what I remember.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What would that be?
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

We're fukced now over there cuz we couldn't pull out, even if we wanted to. With Mushareff gone in Pakistan, that country's government is weak. They sit on a sizable arsenal of nukes, so our presence in the region just took on an added dimension. If Pakistan looses control, those troops will be there to secure those warheads from the savages that be. Hopefully that never happens, which is why there's added emphasis being placed on weakening the Taliban/AQ.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Is that the new rationale? Where did you hear that?

Change you can believe in.