Welcome to PatsFans.com

Remember the Philly Swim Club.. there was discrimination..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Sep 23, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

There are those who played word games about the Philly Swim Club and what they really meant by "changing the complexion".. but a Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission found that there was discrimination..

Pa. finds bias at Montco swim club | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/23/2009

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

Who really still cares about this minor incident? Why do you look for racial incidents as if you're a savior of racial harmony when you're not. You're just one person just like everyone else. Do you walk around LOOKING for examples of racism?

I could understand your enthusiasm if it was a local incident, but it wasn't. So what is your reason in posting this thread?

Next Darryl will post an example of racism that ocurred in Gillette, Wyoming...stay tuned.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  3. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

darryl has no answers.....only a finger to point
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +495 / 2 / -9

No Comment
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Black and Hispanic kids tossed out of a pristine white swimming pool in this day and age? Because they were acting like kids in a swimming pool? Yeah I was interested.

And btw it was Laramie, Wyoming and it was a gay guy who got murdered horribly for being gay. Yeah I was interested in that too.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

WTF are you talking about, you obviously do not remember the voluminous thread that essentiall took left vs. right.. the right said there was no discrimination.. pay attention this is news you will not hear on the Rush Limbaugh Indoctrination hour..

Here let me refresh the lemmings memory..

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/249870-philadelphia-swim-club.html
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

FYI....I used Gillette, Wyoming because I lived there one summer long ago. Don't bring up another town in Wyoming no one is interested in!:mad:

Also, my point was that this issue had been discussed quite enough. hey, even the news stations are done with it. But Darryl likes to focus on racial incidents like he's doing something good...like he's on the side of righteousness when the fact is, neither he nor you are.
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

Yes, I do recall the extensive thread and how it pitted small minds against one another...Is that why you brought it up again?

If ANYONE here posts threads with the goal of raising the ire of the opposing party members, they aren't intelligent enough to participate on this board. Not that that's what you do....:rolleyes:
  9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I'm not sure why you are on a crusade against this thread among all the other racial threads in this forum, or even what the hell you are talking about, but I find your statement here to be the height of irony considering you went on a two nmonth binge of posting nothing but divisive, "I'm the spokesman for mainstream America" threads aimed at corralling everyone into the box that you designated "American public opinion," and baiting those who disagree into responding so that you could paint them as "extremists." When called on it, all you said was "I was trolling." I'll literally take a thousand of these threads before I'd take one more baseless, "Obama is too liberal" or "America is what I say it is" thread that serves only to reduce discourse to the lowest possible denominator.

To say that racism isn't an issue now adays or that such brazen racism in a northeast city isn't noteworthy, especially since some of our more prominent racists argued that there was no such racism involved, is bizarre bordering on revealing. Your snide comment about "you are not on the side of righteousness" is gratuitous, childish and completely worthless.
  10. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I know all about it.......as well as your behavioral pattern

carry on
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

Well, I always like people who are straight-forward and have the B's to say what's on their mind. Wildo, you & I are a LOT alike.

Of course most of what you accuse me of above is just assumptions you're making. For example, I said "Mainstream" America and Americans are what defines this nation. I said I don't care for leftist or rightist extremes and that their opinions are what they are and that's about 10% of the population on either side.

I've also spoken out against racism as much as anyone here has. But I have NEVER tried to make one party the exclusive "racist" group. If you follow closely (and I know you do), I was telling Darryl that being a democrat does not make him "on the side of righteousness" and you know I'm right about that. So if Darryl believes that being a (liberal) democrat puts him on the side or righteousness, then my comment did indeed have much worth my friend. Because it's 100% true! Let me remind you that I'm a democrat! ;)

I also MUST correct you on your accusation that I was on some 2 month crusade to blah, blah, blah about being the spokesman for mainstream America....EXAGGERATE MUCH WILDO? :rolleyes:
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

Glad to see you are so vigilant, but notice how silent you are daily on some of the threads posted by the right.. will not go into names, but if you do not see it you are blind.. when you can equally support or condemn both sides, but right now your selective rage is obvious... and rings hollow..

When you comment on the racist threads of State, Harry Boy and some of the others whose names will shall not be mentioned.. until then you are what you are just another poster who is angry at some, but ignores the rest.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +495 / 2 / -9

I beg your pardon.................:singing:
  14. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Racial comments may well have been made but I don't see how it's discrimination. They just need to make a rule that only kids of members (+ up to X number of friends) can go to the pool. If I were a member and a bus load of kids were dropped off, I wouldn't be happy about it whatever the color of the kids was.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

This is probably why you are not on a Human Rights Commission..
  16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Rules of who a private club allows into their pool isn't a "human right". They can easily and validly keep the pool from overcrowding or having too many kids by limiting the number of kids brought by each adult member.
  17. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Newsflash...... Any time groups of different ethnicities are involved in a situation like this, discrimination is involved. It's the fricken world we live in..... Were they discriminated against. Of course, they said they were, they were of differing colors, so be it.
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

Don't mind Smahtah7114, he thinks he knows what you're saying, before you even say it. :D
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +495 / 2 / -9

Private Clubs usually have rules that state "Members and their Guests only' was this one of those clubs......:confused:
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

If you read any of this, there was an agreed upon contract prior to the kids coming to the pool.. then comments regarding how the complexion of the pool changed ensued...