Welcome to PatsFans.com

Remember that "hate crime" against that Iraqi woman?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Interesting new developments. Apparently the investigation is focusing on the husband (whom the woman was planning to divorce) and the daughter. Most telling is the police informing the residents of the community that this was an isolated incident and they have nothing to worry about, which obviously wouldn't be the case if there was someone out there who murdered a woman because she was Iraqi.

If it turns out that either the husband or the daughter (or both) are guilty, I think it's just pathetic how some people in here think they shouldn't be punished as severely as if it had been someone who was a stranger and sent a nasty note saying mean things. :bricks:

Iraqi Hate Crime Murder Probe Raises Questions About Daughter, Husband - ABC News

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 20 / -30

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, I remember that and that's why I didn't call anyone out for jumping to erroneous conclusions.

BTW, thank you for stalking and providing me that space in your head where I live rent free.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 20 / -30

Geez, did you go to target and buy some of the maturity stuff???

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

If the husband killed her, the crime is actually far, far worsed than had she been killed because she was Muslim. After all, how could anyone think that a husband who kills the woman he married and the mother of his daughter as not being worse than a religion based murder?

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

Hmm....maybe we should have Husband Crimes too. :confused2:

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

OT: How can any of us possibly say what's right and wrong, PR, let alone which is worse? ;)

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You know, for once I have no defense against your post and must say that you are right and I was wrong. And I'm also being 100% sincere.

Thinking about having any family member murdered is something I can't even imagine. How little we really know about a lot of things, huh Chico?

9. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +383 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

The victim was 32 and her daughter is 17. Maybe she was too old for the pedo hubby.

10. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +356 / 7 / -4

It was tongue in cheek, but I still respect your admission.

I can't imagine that, either. I had a friend murdered when I was young -- not a close friend, but a friend -- and that was unsettling enough.

What amazes me are the people we occasionally read about forgiving the killers. (Just read something about such a case this week) I wouldn't have that in me.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +988 / 2 / -9

See, your really not one of those REAL LOONS.....:rocker:

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good Lord, man, just about every time you write something you prove just how phenomenally uninformed you are. Seriously, what color is the sky on your world?

1) There currently is the death penalty in CT, even though there is a movement to abolish it which is advancing through the legislature

2) The doctor to whom you refer is lobbying against changing that law. He supports the death penalty, saying:

"There is no such thing as closure when your loved one is savagely taken from you," Petit -- along with his sister Johanna Petit Chapman -- wrote in a statement to the New Haven Register in March. "There can, however, be adequate and just punishment and that is the death penalty."

Family Massacre Survivor William Petit Against Possible Repeal of Connecticut Death Penalty - ABC News

Seriously, Darryl. Better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than write as much as you do only to remove all doubt. Don't you ever get tired of showing us all just how clueless you are?

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

<crickets chirping>

:rofl: The guy who always has something to say can't seem to find words to respond to my post here! :rofl:

14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: *BUMP* :rofl: