Welcome to PatsFans.com

Remember Nixon?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Remember the Hollywood Wife Swappers and the Liberal Media whailing, yelling and running to their shrinks because Richard Nixon was actually keeping a list of his "enemies"

News Today:
    You don't hear many comparisons between Barack Obama and Richard Nixon, but former Nixon White House aide Lamar Alexander thinks he has found one: The seeds of an "enemies list."

Now a U.S. senator from Tennessee, Alexander cited the Nixon team's "open declaration of war upon anyone who seemed to disagree with administration policies." Now, he added, "we're beginning to see symptoms of this same kind of animus developing in the Obama administration."
    Former Nixon aide wonders: Does Obama have 'enemies list'? - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Former Nixon Aide Wonders... nuf said. I wonder what the world would be like without all the right wing hysteria and if Bush did not lie about leading us into war.....
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama's decision to open up a war with Fox, specifically singling them out, reveals that he is not above having a "hit list". By taking on Fox, he has left himself open to such criticisms and accusations. It was beyond stupid and childish to take such a position.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I see, but it was somehow not beyond stupid and childish for FOX to have "hit lists" of their own?
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Um, Fox gets plenty of criticism. I don't see anything of a double standard here.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Bush declared "war" on NBC and look at what they did to poor Dan Rather..
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Thats what I was trying to say, because I am a right winger instead of seeing what this JERK Obama and his Czars are doing the Left Wing will attack the guy that is saying it, even though it's TRUE and the whole friggin country knows it's true, Prince Obama is becoming far worse for America and the people than Bush/Nixon/Carter ever thought of being, he is nothing but a Polirically Correct Poster Boy (a feel good idol) who is hell bent on dictating.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  8. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This administration sat down with Keith O, Pat, and four other left wing media outlet zealots yesterday. The meeting lasted 2 and a half hours. Let's just say his soldiers were issued their talking points.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

POOR DAN RATHER.........:singing:
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -10

Barak Obama is THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA....and more importantly, he's one man.

Fox isn't a person and therefor shouldn't be compared to one. Networks can have enemy list, presidents can not (without looking stupid, fearful & angry).

Fox doesn't mind looking stupid if it get's the ratings. Presidents BETTER mind is they look stupid.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -10

If wimpery excuses for men like Olberman are Obama's soldiers, look for a quick defeat. Wimpery men shouldn't get involved in politics.
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Maybe we could try to remember that it's an accusation made by a former Nixon aide with his own bone to pick and not a gospel truth broadcast from the steps of The White House that an "enemy list" exists?

They're thinking out loud, they're not reporting facts - which seems to be par for the course. Throw it out there and see if it sticks.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

No need to deflect blame to Fox. We all know Fox is biased against liberals, democrats, etc. I get that. They are right down there with the other news outlets as far as particular bias. And bias shifts. Remember when Gulf War II was being ramped up by EVERYONE? No journalistic integrity issues got in the way of the truth back then.

My point is that the WH appears to be arrogant and immature in this case. What does Fox's behavior have to do with how the WH behaves?
  14. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Pat who ? I imagine it's obvious but I'm not thinking of who it is.

Anyway, obama is a disgusting prick. People tell me he's "our" President, well he's not mine when he won't even talk to my side. In the campaign he said "there's no red America, no blue America, there is the United States of America" and then he goes on to be the most blatant partisan we've even see.

You disgust me, barrack obama.
  15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Also you could open your eyes and see the obvious.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You're way off on this one. Not sure what the word "wimpery" means, but it sounds more like these chicken hawk dorks. Media people are no more "tough" than anyone else. In fact, most of them are probably less so than the average American. I would be getting ready to meet my maker (Santa Clause) if I were in a foxhole with any of these puffs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
    This relevant newscaster?
  18. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

These dudes are hot!!!!!:eek:
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I heard a discussion about this thread on NPR yesterday. All commenters were making fun of the WH and Obama for this "war" between the WH and Fox, and they were all NPR people! They made direct comparisons between Obama and Nixon regarding the "enemy list". I don't understand why you would point to the list as some sort of defense of Obama because it actually makes Fox's case.

Sorry, Mrs. You're not going to be able to defend Obama on this. It is what it is.
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -10

Your complaing about "hit lists" and calling people immature....and here you with your own list of guys you hate. But showing those pics in hopes of pissing off people who like Fox is as IMMATURE as anything I've ever witnessed on this board. Personally, I can't stand Hannity or Beck....but to my personally Olberman isn't even a MAN...thus the word "Wimpery"....the man is a downright pinkie wimp. That's just the way he comes across the television screen...he prolly can't help it, but he's certainly not a quality network news representative.

So next time you put up your list, try....REALLY TRY to be a little non-biased and put Olberman's pic up top with the pinky symbol beside the wimpery sob.