Welcome to PatsFans.com

Remember, "It Wasnt The Neo Cons"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

It Wasn't The Neo Cons
    THAT TOOK,
    The melody out of music
    The pride out of appearance
    The courtesy out of driving
    The romance out of love
    The commitment out of marriage
    The responsibility out of parenthood
    The togetherness out of family
    The learning out of education
    The service out of Patriotism
    The Golden Rule from rulers
    The Nativity Scene out of Cities
    The civility out of behavior
    OR GOD OUT OF GOVERNMENT AND SCHOOL
    It was the "New Loonies"
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Nope, the neo-cons simply took America out of its good standing and off its high moral ground.
  3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Both sides are full of it. Neo-Cons are out of their minds. And the people worrying about the high moral ground are into child rape films and abortion rights.

go figure.

We need a Centrist party in this country and FAST!
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think anyone here is into child rape films. Maybe they are, but nobody's expressed that. What some people are defending is the right to show a simulated rape scene. I don't agree with what filmmakers all say, but I'll fight for their right so say it.

As far as abortion rights, I don't argue that point with the pro-life crowd because I do see their point of view. If you believe life begins at conception, then killing the unborn would be murder. I don't think life begins at conception (nor birth, I think it's somewhere in between - the point where the fetus is viable) so I don't see it as murder. But I don't think anyone's nuts for opposing abortion either.
  5. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So if im not into ritualistic killing of children, or into mutilation, should i defend the right of a filmmaker to film a simulated one and to call people who have a problem with it "freaks"?
    even if its their "right", it is still wrong and people have a right to fight that without being termed freaks.

on the abortion issue, you say it starts "in between" when the fetus is viable. then I gather from that, that once a fetus is viable you would consider it murder?
    If so, thats a huge start. It would be a great start and please millions of people who are against abortion to at least have that common sense approach to it. At least then, the milllions of third trimester abortions and all partial birth abortions would be gone.
    as it is now, anything goes.

Hows this, and i think this was mentioned earlier by another poster, let america see the child rape movie.
    And then release to the theatres a vivid, 3-D movie, of an abortion.
    for education purposes.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Amen. Oops! Sorry for the religious overtones. :D
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes, if they want to show simualted ritualistic killings, that's fine with me too. And if anyone tries to stop them, they are a freak, but they're not freaks for just speaking out against it (as you've been doing).

Third trimester abortions are only legal if necessary to save the health or life of the mother, and that's the way it should be. I wouldn't mind tightening up the restriction to only make exceptions when the physical health of the mother is in danger, so that mental health can't be used as an excuse for a third trimester abortion.

Before the third trimester, I support unrestricted access to abortions (using any medically approved technique), though I don't actually support people having abortions. If it were my wife or girlfriend, I would try to steer her away from having an abortion, but I would still support her right to (and recognize that it's ultimately her decision).
  8. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

yes, i guess her legal decision. a scummy one, but a legal one
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Do you know what's it's like to carry a baby? I don't.
  10. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

do you know whats its like to go through an abortion, to be aborted, to see an abortion?
    I know women who have had abortions and it haunts them to this day. Planned Parenthood doesnt prepare women for that, they wont even let the women at the clinic see the ultrasound because, Lord forbid, they may want to keep the baby or carry to term and put it up for adoption.

and in all this concern about the woman, what about the baby, or as Pro-choicers choose to call them, "fetus"?
    Watch the 3-D films, look at that life,then imagine it getting mutilated.
    Or actually watch one or look at the pictures.

But "compassionate" Pro-Choicers wont do that. Its so "gross".

But Abortion advocates dont just want the right. They want it celebrated!
    Remember the commercial with the little girl on the bike with the voiceover talking about how far women have come. This is our right!

Its a choice. Everyday we have choices. Some choices are awful.

And im sure there are plenty of boyfriends and husbands who will "support" their girlfriends or wives "choice". Of course they will.
    one less egg to fry.

Lets be real: the womans life is at stake, thats real. Whats the percentage where thats the reason for the abortion?

Other than that its a decision based on convenience, of not taking responsibility, of self, of money, of a lack of value for life.

Sure its hard. So is responsibility and character.

But to think that way in this society gets you called a freak.
    Guilty as Charged.
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, that reminds me of when Ali G asked the priest if he was so against abortions because he himself was aborted. But yeah, I know that abortions aren't pretty... but neither is a tripple-bypass.

If that's true about Planned Parenthood, it's sick. But as far as women regretting it later... I'm not in favor of protecting people from themselves. If they're afraid of the consequences, then they shouldn't do it. Isn't personal responsibility what you preach? I'm sure there are women who are happy with the choices they've made, even if you don't like them.

In the end, it comes down to whether the baby is a living person or just a collection of cells, and that depends on how far in the pregnancy the woman is. A lot of your contemporaries are also against contraception... after all, it prevents a potential life from being born, too.
  12. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

But YOU said once a fetus is viable its life. Nowadays that can be before the end of the second trimester. Can we agree then at the very least that viable fetus' being aborted is murder? If so, isnt murder "scummy"?
    And if a person is say, 3 or 4 months pregnant, and a little bit of personal sacrifice to take responsibility for ones owns actions can bring life into the world, isnt the choice not to do so because of a potential job promotion or friction with the live-in man she fornicated with also a selfish and borderline "scummy" choice?

Hey, I know its unrealistic to expect all abortion to be outlawed. But just as liberals cant understand why right wingers cant accept a little gun control ( by the way, im FOR gun control so dont paint me as a Right winger), why cant lefties accept some common sense limits on abortion?

In fact, if you ask most americans that question, by a large margin they support the idea of reasonable limits on it.

thats what im going for here, some middle, reasonable ground. the rest will only come with a complete heart change that only comes from something I wont go into here.
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Which is pretty interesting... I'm very against gun control. Guess the whole left/right thing is too simplistic.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

That was me who proposed that. It won't happen though. Hollywood is dominated by the far left, and therefore anyone making such a movie would never get financing, or if they funded it themselves, would be black balled forever. The Passion made how much money? Yet, how many lined up to finance or distribute it? Too the contrary, they lined up, but only to criticize it.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  15. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

it is. and people fall into it because of laziness of the mind. Instead of thinking things through they look on FOX or CNN or their political party websites and find out what "their side" says to think.

I remember working with a lady, long before I became a Christian, maybe 1991or so, who was against the death penalty and against abortion. I had never met a person that believed that. To her, life was life, and only God has the right to take it. It made me think.
    So Im a Born Again Christian. But Im against the Iraq War ( Blessed are the peacemakers), Im against Capital Punishment, Im for National Health Insurance ( It will be easier for a Camel to go through the eye of a needle than it will be for a rich man to see the Kingdom of God), Im for gun control, and I am passionatly Pro-Life.
    And because of all that I usually vote for the Democrat and I just hope the Bob Casey's and Ray Flynn's and maybe the Harold Ford's and Barack Obama's can help open up the discussion in the party about reasonable approaches.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think it surprises a lot of people to hear that the Catholic Church is very against the death penalty.