Remember Brandon Browner??..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Of course we do the big hitter who tended to get a lot of penalties.. when he was allowed to leave there was a lot of whining, well now the team that signed him is whining big time.. thought he had 17 penalties, but the NFL penalty tracker is showing 15, not including yesterday's game.. but that is about how many our whole D backfield has for 9 games(16 I think)...

Another case of knowing when to allow a player to move on..

Without regard the Saints fans are about ready to run Rob Ryan and him out of town after another dismal defensive performance..

Would Rex like his "spirited" play..

Did Brandon Browner forgo tackle to take cheap shot at Redskins lineman?

During Matt Jones' 78-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter of the New Orleans Saints' 47-14 loss to Washington Redskins on Sunday, the embattled New Orleans Saints cornerback elected to take a cheap shot at Redskins guard Spencer Long rather than attempt to tackle Jones near mid-field.

"Sunday Night Football" analyst Rodney Harrison said: "I don't understand. I'm watching and I'm like, go make the tackle. He comes back and he peels back and hits a lineman. This is why this is the worst defense in the league. That's just a selfish play."

Last edited:
Wow, that play is totally messed up. He has gone full blown psycho.

Wow, that play is totally messed up. He has gone full blown psycho.
He should be evaluated for concussion. He may have thought they had an interception and was helping his player.

Whelp I was 100% wrong on that decision. Coleman had a bad game but, I think he'll bounce back.

Coleman seemed to struggle a little yesterday. Hopefully he can bounce back next week

I know the posters in the game day threads and all the talk show hosts will disagree with me, but the Pats upgraded the #2 CB position this season with Logan Ryan. I saw Ryan give up one play yesterday. Granted that is when all the haters come out and say he sucks. The thing is Browner probably would have given up more plays and committed two or the PI penalties and people would have gushed over his performance.

I know the posters in the game day threads and all the talk show hosts will disagree with me, but the Pats upgraded the #2 CB position this season with Logan Ryan. I saw Ryan give up one play yesterday. Granted that is when all the haters come out and say he sucks. The thing is Browner probably would have given up more plays and committed two or the PI penalties and people would have gushed over his performance.

Ryan made an incredible play after ninks big sack when the giants had recovered a brady fumble. That may have been a game saving play

Whatever. Guy gets damn near a permanent pass from me for the jam that freed up Malcolm on the goal line.
That's what I'm saying. What the hell do we care now? He's not here. He helped us win the whole thing last season, even with the penalties. His jam was just as responsible for one of the biggest, if not THEE biggest, plays in SB history as the catch itself. You could even see him motion to Butler before the play. What are we talking about here?

Whatever. Guy gets damn near a permanent pass from me for the jam that freed up Malcolm on the goal line.
Also that he shut down Chris Matthews who was feasting on the shorter corners. I have no problem with him leaving, but I'll remember that he played a key role at the end.

I never wanted Browner in the first place and applauded letting him go this Spring, but I agree with Brother Mike: The man played well for us when he was here and earned his Immortality on...The Play.

Matthews was beating us like a drum and Browner came in and nullified him and then was a catalyst for that Butler INT.

He will always be a NE hero in my book.

Loved Browner for his 2014 season and role in The Play. Liked his attitude on the D. Didn't like seeing him go but agreed he was too expen$ive cap wise and yes, he was a penalty liability. With the tacky way refs were calling PI against the Pats Sunday, Browner would have PIed & "held" us out of the win.

I always felt Browner was a great situational player but was highly overrated as a full-time corner. He is solid against big WRs who aren't very quick and is great on the goal line and short yardage (the Butler play had a lot to do with him) because he can jam and play physical. He certainly has a place on a lot of teams, including this one, as a solid role player. He is just not a real cover corner.

Last edited:
Was that also true when he was the position coach for Vrabel, Phifer, McGinest, Bruschi et al.?

Probably, yeah. He's never been a good DC really. What's his career peak? Beating us and New Orleans in 2010?

Matthews was beating us like a drum and Browner came in and nullified him and then was a catalyst for that Butler INT.

He will always be a NE hero in my book.
Not sure I'd make him a hero.

He did his job.

Is that heroic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye