PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remarkable Turnabout: Patriots Enter as Healthiest Team in the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well ain't THIS a "Man Bites Dog" story!

In rarity, Pats have all starters intact - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

"Consider this: All 22 of the Patriots' Week 1 starters remain on the active roster, which leaves them as the only team of the eight remaining playoff clubs that can say that......(An examination of old game books suggests that 2012 is the first playoff run the Patriots have had under Bill Belichick since the 2001 season that all 22 Week 1 starters remain on the active roster)......"

Last edited:
I get the theme of the article. But, Edelman started week 1 at Tennessee. Not White Wes. Just sayin.

I get the theme of the article. But, Edelman started week 1 at Tennessee. Not White Wes. Just sayin.

The whole idea of starter is really a non factor after HS/college.

At the pros everyone has a role to play.

It's interesting getting a look at what a team with few key players on IR at playoff time looks like. The answer: they look beaten up.

After a 16-game NFL season, nobody's "healthy." You're either playing relatively fresh backups and replacements, or bruised and battered starters. Still, I'm glad to have the latter.

Last edited:
Edelman was never really a starter, he was an experiment.

No kidding. Very concerned about...

Dennard
Talib
Nink
Gronk
AH
Mankins
Vollmer
Lloyd
Spikes
Love
Connolly
Jones

I assume that all those players will play but if their injuries limit their play just a little, than can be the difference between winning and losing vs a 12-4 team.
Vollmer and Love are not on the injury report this week (at least not yesterday).

No kidding. Very concerned about...

Dennard
Talib
Nink
Gronk
AH
Mankins
Vollmer
Lloyd
Spikes
Love
Connolly
Jones

I assume that all those players will play but if their injuries limit their play just a little, than can be the difference between winning and losing vs a 12-4 team.

I'm concerned about the first three. Gronk we kind of know what we have, the others have been on the report a lot and still played.

Vollmer and Love are not on the injury report this week (at least not yesterday).

I still think Love's knee and Vollmer's back are nagging them a little...

I'm concerned about the first three. Gronk we kind of know what we have, the others have been on the report a lot and still played.

Agreed.

I think Lloyd is a pretty critical piece moving forward. Teams will flood the middle of the field and/or blitz up the middle and having Lloyd break off his routes on the outside is an important option to have...

Then again, everyone on this list is important...:p

Not bad at all, only guys on IR(not including preseason guys like Will Allen ect.) are Edelman and Dane Fletcher I think. Hopefully no injuries in the playoffs either.

I still think Love's knee and Vollmer's back are nagging them a little...
Possibly. I find it encouraging that they are not listed on the report. As we all know, if a player has the slightest injury they will be listed as "Questionable" by Belichick.

Last edited:
Isn't Dowling and Edelman injured?

Possibly. I find it encouraging that they are not listed on the report. As we all know, if a player has the slightest injury they will be listed as "Questionable" by Belichick.

At one time, Brady threw something like 150 TDs over 4 years as a "Questionable/Shoulder".

Last edited:
People forget how easily BB put players on the injured report - practically at will....

He can slap someone on the hand, and immediately list him as questionable with a 'wrist injury'.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back