Welcome to PatsFans.com

Religious bigotry by the right wing

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I know some righties act indignant when accused of bigotry. They pretend they only oppose anti-discrimination laws and hate laws because to their bigoted reasoning protecting people from abuse and unfairness is the same as conferring on them special rights. But, the news lately, has been revealing. We certainly all know about the attacks against Romney for his Mormonism:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2007-06-17-2148023081_x.htm
    http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/156094.aspx
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/16/politics/politico/main2813855.shtml
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/09/AR2007040901229.html

Now we see an attack on Catholics:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Given this bigotry, religious no less, at top levels of the Republican Party, it should be awfully hard for a right wing zealot to appear credible when saying they are not bigots.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +298 / 1 / -9

There's a little bigotry in all of us,
    Death To America
    Death To The Infedels
    God Is Great Death To The Great Satan

"Come my son, strap this bomb around your little waist, enter the restaurant and kill as many Jews and Christians as you can, tomorrow at this time you will be in Paradise"

"In the name of Allah I behead you"

How's all that sh!t for religious bigotry?
    :bricks:
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's tough to take your words seriously considering you are the most zealous, anti-religious and anti-Catholic bigot in this forum.
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You don't have to take his words seriously, his links speak for themselves.
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

That's okay, you don't have to take my words seriously. I provide links to support my contentions rather than just blather on like a rude child.
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whoops..!! Another liberal showing how he thinks his sh*t smells sweeter than everyone else's..!! :rofl:

You are nothing more than a disgusting, intolerant bigot. And we both know it.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Are you incapable of addressing the fact of religious bigotry in the Republican Party, especially by right wingers? Is that why you're taking this childish tack? If you have nothing intelligent to say, then try saying nothing at all. That advice is normally given to young children.
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Qui Gon believes bigotry is exclusively a liberal quality.
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bigotry exists everywhere... I don't deny there is bigotry by a very small minority of conservatives (just like there is bigotry from the left), but I really don't feel it is significant enough of an issue worth addressing.

I just can't help but find it laughable when a disgusting anti-religious and anti-Catholic lowlife bigot such as you pretends to weep and wail because of all those meanies on the right. There's an old saying about people living in glass houses that shouldn't throw stones...

Uh oh... looks like another visit is a-comin' my way from the censorship *******..!! I guess you don't like being called a bigot because, perhaps, the truth hurts a little bit too much. Nothing childish about that, oh bigoted one.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Nah, it's not significant when half the Republican candidates for president are engaged in religious bigotry. :ROFL:

I guess you're part of that small number of Catholics who believe criticizing the Pope is the same as criticizing Catholicism in general. Unfortunately, for you, that means that most Catholics (who criticize the Pope, not only for his Nazi past, but also his stand on women, gays, Muslims, and others) are also anti-Catholic. Personally, my views towards church doctrine on political issues are the same as the views of most liberal Catholics. I don't know your views, other than that you don't like people calling the Pope a Nazi.

It's really too bad that you resort to personal attacks, but I can assure you, you unleash so many insults that they carry no weight. I think it's just your way of communicating: you never learned how to communicate effectively. At any rate, you can have the last word in our little spat, but I hope some of the smarter righties respond to this thread, which is about the problem of religious bigotry among the right wing.
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

All of these attacks are utterly reprehensible. There can never be any peaceful accord or reconciliation among the wide variety of faithful with an atmosphere of fear and hatred. It is totally wrong in this day and age, and Brownback ought to sincerely apologize, and make amends.

Although this compilation of offenses includes mostly/all Republicans, it would be disingenuous to say that only Republicans hold intolerance and bigotry in their hearts. There seems to be that kind of thing going around amongst those of all political affiliations. Don't ask me for any links; you know how to find this stuff on your own.

//
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I see no evidence to support that conclusion. If you have any such evidence, I would be interested in reading it but if you are going to make the claim, it is your responsibility to present it here. Not just give 5 links and say "See..? THERE!"
    Another illogical conclusion on your part. Just one more to add to a very long list.
    I have seem some criticisms of the Pope's stands on some of those issues, but I have never seen any Catholic criticize him for his "Nazi past." Intelligent people know the truth about his past. The only "Nazi" criticism and comments come from lowlife scumbag bigots.
    Actually it isn't your bigotry that bothers me, it's your hypocrisy.
    Whoops..!! Just another liberal that thinks his sh*t smells sweeter than everyone else's..!! :rofl:
    How about you get your own bigoted house in order first...?

See, I am willing to admit certainly prejudices on my part. Why can't you just admit you have a thinly veiled hatred for any group or organization that doesn't wholeheartedly endorse your lifestyle..?
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't feel hatred coming from Patters. I feel his effort to keep a relatively peaceful demeanor in the midst of some very challenging moments on this discussion board. And there have been times when those challenges have yielded some outbursts of anger, but not hatred, and not just in Patters.

Hatred is a very, very dark, cold and lifeless emotion; whereas anger is a temporary flash of heat.

//
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Fogbuster defending Patters has single-handedly restored my faith in this board.
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm glad.

//
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +298 / 1 / -9

Athiests are "Bigots, Anti Religion Bigots" are they not?

God Is Great
    Death To America
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Some of them. One's not a bigot for not believing in religion, one's a bigot for not respecting others' right to believe.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Some atheists are very personal about their position, but others are very militant about it. It's the latter type that poses the biggest threat, as they get into positions to influence others to lose/give up faith in the invisible God.

//
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +298 / 1 / -9

OK, some of them, like the Muslims, they're not all bad.

I have never heard a good athiest condem a bad athiest but I'm sure they do.
  20. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How many loudmouth, in-your-face atheists are there? And how many loudmouth in-your-face Christians are there?

Hey, every group's bad, eh?