PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Religion doesn't belong on a football board

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
Yeah, I lost my weight a few years ago but I'm kind of locked in now although I do take weekend and holidays off the diet now. Same as you, though, all my "signs", BP, Chol, etc, are really good so why mess with what works :)
Gimme a Twinkie and I'll be asleep in 15 minutes. Sugar just kills me now. I started eating like a 'regular' person a couple of years ago, and I just felt like crap and run down all the time. Took me 2 weeks to go back to the maintenance plan. I'll be eating like this for the rest of my life.

(By the way, have you tried ground up cauliflower sauted in butter as a rice subsitute? It's awesome. I think our family goes through two heads of cauliflower a week now.)

What was this thread about again?

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
What an inspiring story...you are an inspiration to us all.Keep it up!

This thread has given me infinite enjoyment. Freakin hilarious and maddening at the same time.

Patjew said:
Have we gotten off track here or what???

But that's good -- isn't it a track you'd have rather left?

Mike the Brit said:
But that's good -- isn't it a track you'd have rather left?

Track or tract?

shmessy said:
Track or tract?
True. It's difficult dealing with people with one-tract minds. ;)

David Patten WILL NOT make this team !!!!

(Sorry, I figure this thread needed its' 5th topic.)

Pats/Hokies Fan said:
David Patten WILL NOT make this team !!!!

(Sorry, I figure this thread needed its' 5th topic.)

Hey! Stop screwing around. We are having a serious conversation here about... religous diets?

DocAdkinsDiet said:
Hey! Stop screwing around. We are having a serious conversation here about... religous diets?
Is Chocolate really a sin?

RayClay said:
I agree 100%.

If my thread served as an invite, I apologize and would never have started it if I thought so.

I only objected to being threatened in a PM by someone I don't want to correspond with.

That was not directed at you. I perfectly understand why you would be upset about what happened.

Politics has been an issue on this board for quite a while. I directed that at those who can't stop themselves or don't care if they pollute this football board with political comments , ect.

I could do without his Sean Hannity avatar as well. Ian had a policy against political sigs/avatars a long time ago in the football forum but I guess it's not being enforced.

shmessy said:
Track or tract?
Good call. Some grammarian I am.

Should we have a Most Despised Poster thread? I'm ready with my vote.

Notice

Everytime you "quote" that guy it renders the "dead to me' list worthless.

He has lasted a week longer than I would have thought Ian would have allowed. He should have been gone when he made that comments about BB's or Ernies daughter.

He should be gone by harrassing people via PM's.

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
Maybe it was the one who said only through Him could we enter the kingdom of heaven...I did not personally abuse anyone via pm...I just said to pl;ease be considerate of my religion and do not take the Lords name in vain.

I find most people who discuss religion like this openly are nuts. Are you Jerry Falwell? Cause he's a nutcase, too.

mcbee said:
I never understand the extremist Christian view. Basically there's the Bible and all. If you don't believe in it, you're going to hell. But how exactly are you supposed to "make" yourself believe something you don't believe?

I think the answer is you're supposed to be so cowed and afraid that you can't even let a disbelieving thought into your head. Which is why most extreme religious people always seem like they're under intense pressure. Which they of course attribute to the "devil" trying to make them doubt.

But suppose you just don't believe in any of that nonsense? Why would a just God, if there is one, fault you for not believing what you can't believe? I could see him faulting you for ACTIONs like killing raping robbing or mis treating your fellow humans (or animals) but belief isn't really under your control.

I'm a catholic, but I freely admit that the Vatican is the biggest bunch of hypocrites on Earth. The recent "Divinci Code" thing is the latest proof. They are attacking the writer and those who are seeing the movie to understand that "The Divinci Code" is merely a storybook that should not be taken literally. Isn't that the basis of the entire Catholic religion, you know, the Bible?

Jacky Roberts said:
I'm a catholic, but I freely admit that the Vatican is the biggest bunch of hypocrites on Earth. The recent "Divinci Code" thing is the latest proof. They are attacking the writer and those who are seeing the movie to understand that "The Divinci Code" is merely a storybook that should not be taken literally. Isn't that the basis of the entire Catholic religion, you know, the Bible?
What they're upset about is the research the the 'storybook' author based his story upon, most notably, Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh's research for the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and the work of Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince in their book "The Templar Revelation". (Both excellent books, very enjoyable and thought provoking.) Dan Brown (author of The DaVinci Code) didn't just pull this story out of his fertile imagination. (Damn, religion really doesn't have a place on a football board)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
What they're upset about is the research the the 'storybook' author based his story upon, most notably, Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh's research for the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and the work of Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince in their book "The Templar Revelation". (Both excellent books, very enjoyable and thought provoking.) Dan Brown (author of The DaVinci Code) didn't just pull this story out of his fertile imagination. (Damn, religion really doesn't have a place on a football board)

I know he was sued and ended up winning, but its no surprise the Catholic Church is concerned with this book, especially since they have nothing else to worry about...

Religion belongs in a chuch or in the home..... When someone tries to impose/expound their religion to me anywhere else I tell them I'll listen but only if I can talk to them about Amway afterwards...... :rocker:

Mike the Brit said:
True. It's difficult dealing with people with one-tract minds. ;)

Aaaaahhhh.........touche.

You Brits are, indeed, cunning linguists!

shmessy said:
Aaaaahhhh.........touche.

You Brits are, indeed, cunning linguists!

It's nice of you to say so -- I have been told I have the gift of tongues ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes