PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Religion doesn't belong on a football board

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I don't think there's any place for it.

Whatever your religious hang ups, YazorrBrady whatever, don't ever PM me again.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one to get religious messages by PM and I hope we can nip this practice in the bud, Ian.

Sorry to post this, but this is a misuse of the private message system and I do not wish to correspond with this person.

RayClay said:

I'm assuming I'm not the only one to get religious messages by PM and I hope we can nip this practice in the bud, Ian.

Sorry to post this, but this is a misuse of the private message system and I do not wish to correspond with this person.

Put him on your ignore list. Many of us already have.

PATSNUTme said:
Put him on your ignore list. Many of us already have.

Can I block PMs?

I didn't see that feature.

I don't ignore anybody. If anything I enjoy the laugh.

But I don't like being called names and threatened in pms.

RayClay said:

So I can't use football phrases such as "Hail Mary" or "Touchdown Jesus" anymore? Crap. Back to the drawing board. :)

Seriously, some religious nut is PMing you? Yikes.

Does that stop PMs from him ? I haven't received one since I finally put him on my ignore list but I didn't know if it was a coincidence or not.

BelichickFan said:
Does that stop PMs from him ? I haven't received one since I finally put him on my ignore list but I didn't know if it was a coincidence or not.

Like I say, I enjoy the wingnuts, (my apologies to those who worship wings, nuts, or both).

If I put them all on ignore, I'd miss out on some good laughs.

However my pm box is private and sacred, (in a purely secular way) and I don't like being stalked.

Dropkick me, Jesus, through the goalpost of life!!! :D

RayClay said:

I thought this message was going to be targeted at me by the subject title. Phew. I agree that (serious) religious messages have no place here.

Religion also doesn't belong in government, but that didn't exactly stop the republicans now, did it?

*ZING!* :p

Patjew said:
I thought this message was going to be targeted at me by the subject title. Phew. I agree that (serious) religious messages have no place here.

Heck no, Patjew, you're one of my favorites.

Loved your tour of the facilities and your humor, which is a quality I refuse to compromise.

Phokus said:
Religion also doesn't belong in government, but that didn't exactly stop the republicans now, did it?

Now we're on shaky ground. If me and NEM can control ourselves, so can you.:)

Just don't tell Tyrone Poole

My sources indicate he's insufferable about proclaiming his love for Jesus to anything that walks on two legs.

Now if we can get rid of the ridiculous icons next, we'll be in good shape.

RayClay said:

I am a Christian, and it is frusturating to hear and see when people like YazorrBrady do things like this to others to attempt to proselytize them. I come to this board to read about the Patriots and talk NFL football. I don't like it when people take my Lord's name in vain, but I expect it to happen. If I cannot stand it, I can choose to not come to this board. However, sending unsolicited personal messages to people's mailboxes isn't honoring the God of Abraham, Issac & Jacob.

As far as religion being a part of this board, I must say that this is a country where we are free to pursue our faith anyway and anywhere we want to. If Ian wants to ban any religious speak from this board, he certainly has the perogative. However, until it has been made a policy to adhere to in order to become a member (of which I have been since 1999), I will not hide my faith and beliefs, nor will I shove them down people's throats on this public board.

RayClay said:
Like I say, I enjoy the wingnuts, (my apologies to those who worship wings, nuts, or both).

If I put them all on ignore, I'd miss out on some good laughs.

However my pm box is private and sacred, (in a purely secular way) and I don't like being stalked.
I agree that most of the wingnuts that pass through this place are good for a laugh, but that BradyYaz guy isn't even really entertaining, the vast majority his posts are just worthless. The ignore list is the perfect place for him until Ian gets fed up with his waste of perfectly good bandwidth.

Phokus said:

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

You may want to let him in on religion not belonging in government...

RyeMan said:
I am a Christian, and it is frusturating to hear and see when people like YazorrBrady do things like this to others to attempt to proselytize them. I come to this board to read about the Patriots and talk NFL football. I don't like it when people take my Lord's name in vain, but I expect it to happen. If I cannot stand it, I can choose to not come to this board. However, sending unsolicited personal messages to people's mailboxes isn't honoring the God of Abraham, Issac & Jacob.

As far as religion being a part of this board, I must say that this is a country where we are free to pursue our faith anyway and anywhere we want to. If Ian wants to ban any religious speak from this board, he certainly has the perogative. However, until it has been made a policy to adhere to in order to become a member (of which I have been since 1999), I will not hide my faith and beliefs, nor will I shove them down people's throats on this public board.

Thank you.

You'll be glad to know I made no religious remarks at all. The quip was so innocuous, you'd be amazed if I recalled it.

RyeMan said:
James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

You may want to let him in on religion not belonging in government...

Again, I appreciate your earlier statements but continuing on with anything about religion and government is a mistake.

I don't want to be responsible for that and I won't be.

Last edited:
So what do we call the "Hail Mary" pass now? Upchuck pass? Doesn't do it for me!
Seriously, anyone who's pm'ing with abusive intent needs to be brought to Ian's attention. The ignore feature is highly recomended. Don't worry about missing anything good cause it'll probably get "quoted" by someone else!

Neither politics or religion belong on the football forum.

There are too many people here fromm different backgrounds, political viewpoints, and religious faiths (or non faiths).

The thing that we have in common is our love of the PATRIOTS and FOOTBALL. That is why this is a FOOTBALL forum at Patsfans.com.

I don't know why it is so hard for some poeple to keep political pollution off the football forum. I don't know why it is so hard for people to keep their religious viewpoints off the football forum.

There has to be 100,000 places on the interenet for politics and religion. This should not be one of them.

Now that I just wasted my time AGIAN trying to explain this AGAIN to people who don't want to listen, I''ll sign off.

RayClay said:
Heck no, Patjew, you're one of my favorites.

Loved your tour of the facilities and your humor, which is a quality I refuse to compromise.
Thanks RayClay, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back