PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Relatively speaking, there's not a lot to hate about the Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that the comments are by the people who picked that particular player as MVP, right? Not by NFL.com as a whole, or someone else. They are by the person that has his or her name right next to the pick, over the comments. If that person picked Manning for MVP then of course that person think Manning is the most important piece on that team. You really are trying to make anything in to worldwide Manning love and Patriots hate.
Yes. Iam aware. Its only a small sample and I just posted an example . I know its not by NFL.com as whole . But doesnt mean it is not true across the nation. Its not about patriot hate , its more about manning ballwashing . Just my opinion.

I actually agree. I know I hated the Broncos more back in the Shanahan days than I do now. I'm obviously still hoping they lose as many games as possible since that's good for the Pats...but I don't have any special hate for that organization.

As for the Steelers - A....freakin...MEN! The Patriots can never beat that team by enough points in any game in my book.

Okay, so they have been busted for some drug tests (which team hasn't?), have an owner who owned the New England Patriots during his entire career, and they have a QB who will forever be our biggest rival. They have taken away our #1 CB and our beloved wide receiver. Watching Manning torch other teams with his assemble of all-pro skill players and stonewall offensive line may give us Marsha Brady syndrome and get the blood pressure up, but really, what is to hate about this team other than that they have been very, very good at assembling a great team? You might even say that, over the last couple of years, they out Patriotsed the Patriots with shrewd, aggressive moves.

First of all, no one should be surprised. Do you recall that Peyton Manning had a choice of about 15 teams in 2011? Did you think he was going to pick a team that wasn't stacked with cheap, drafted talent, a strong front office, and a championship caliber defense?

My hate for Denver is nothing more than rooting against them because they are our rivals.

I HATE the Pittsburgh Steelers organization with their whiny, Spygate-obsessed fans. They are the most hypocritical organization in sports, building their teams around thugs and felons, pretending to be a classy organization. From Jerry Porter to Ben Roethlisberger to Plaxico Burress to Santonio Holmes, I've said for years that the only difference between the thug Bengals and thug Steelers is football success. Their players love to talk crap about the Patriots cheating a day or two before getting wiped all over the field with embarrassing attempts to contain Brady, only to start yapping again a year later about cheating. Bill Cowher himself became the target of the fan base for speaking the truth, which is that Spygate made no impact on the Steelers-Patriots games of that era.

I HATE the Baltimore Ravens for their obnoxious leadership in Terrell Suggs, formerly Ray Lewis, and a head coach who who calls our championships tainted, then attempts to cover up player scandals around domestic violence, and who, by the way, referred to a concussion to Stevan Ridley as "football at its finest." If the Patriots had a guy like Suggs, I would literally stop following the team.

I HATE the New York Jets for so many obvious reasons that are to numerous to list here. They are the biggest bunch of wannabee, mouthy, self-promoting players that stepped on a football field. Fortunately, I am able to laugh at them about 12 times a year when they lose.

I HATED the Indianapolis Colts for their self-righteous image for a team with so much dirt. Their owner is poster boy of a worthless playboy with money who is important only because he has money. Tony Dungy compared Spygate to Barry Bonds, yet we all know the Colts were pumping in crowd noise, changing the rules of the game via the competition committee through Bill Polian to suit his own team. Dungy loved to pretend he is a choir boy despite obvious family problems while Polian abused his position within the NFL. Marvin Harrison is a violent criminal, yet his actions were swept under the rug. Never seen a team who was so protected by the NFL and yet somehow beloved by the national fanbase as the All-American team against the evil New England Patriots.

SO ALL THAT SAID, I really want to find ways to hate the Broncos but find myself in more of a state of admiration that they have made so many good moves that their team is really, really good. They've done it without a bunch of trash-talking thugs, hypocrisy, and hate-able players. While I hope the Patriots beat them and root against them on a weekly basis, I am glad to be able to watch a good football game on Sunday between two good organizations.

Nice Post, but...

I think this edition of the Broncos is a lesser team on Offense, even as its Defense has improved in the front 7.

Shrimp Sanders may be slightly faster, but Decker was a big near #1 WR complement to Demarious Thomas. I think Sanders is a step down. Welker is another year older, and it appears to me that he is Going Over the HIll. Clady may be back, but he has yet to resemble his former self.

OTOH, Moreno is a franchise back you can build a Running offense around. He is gone and Hillman, a scatback, lighter and smaller than Vereen may add wide speed, but not someone to carry a RB load.

On Defense, DeMarcus Ware is a prominent addition, but the secondary is much weaker. Their LB corp is ravaged with injuries.

All in all they are a lessor Offense, and a lesser Defense too. Plus Manning's rag arm is another year creakier. The Broncos are not scoring at the pace of last season. They were Fortunate to catch the Cards with a Third string QB. They caught the Chargers with their CBs dinged up.

Any Opinions?

My top 5 hated teams in order: Steelers, Jets, Raiders, Giants, Dolphins

You do realize that the comments are by the people who picked that particular player as MVP, right? Not by NFL.com as a whole, or someone else. They are by the person that has his or her name right next to the pick, over the comments. If that person picked Manning for MVP then of course that person think Manning is the most important piece on that team. You really are trying to make anything in to worldwide Manning love and Patriots hate.

You also completely misread what your quote actually say. It does not say that Manning is the only QB that is the most important piece on the team. It says that Manning is the most critical piece on any team in the NFL. Meaning that Brady and Rodgers can also be the most important part on their teams. But they are not as critical to their teams success as Manning is to the Broncos. Or as it can also be sumarized as: MVP. Once again. You are trying to cherrypick hate.
We can agree to disagree. Iam not cherrypicking hate just based on the article. I dont know how one can say Manning is more critical to a team than brady or rodgers is .Based on what.
And yr in and year out, every time manning breaks a record they keep saying he is the greatest ever or start a debate as if he is greatest ever. Ok granted. He has deserved to be in that conversation.
Hasnt brady ? Why no one anyone even asks if Brady is the greatest ever ? Every time brady is talked about its if he is better than manning. Thats all .
Even this Brady/Manning rivarly us built up because the media darling 1st round pick has less SBs than the 6th round pick so this is an ongoing debate if manning can ever win another. He is the coach on the field , he is this and that but when he loses, his defense failed him ,his oline failed him,john fox took a knee when he should gone for it before OT etc etc. Its the same constant fallback. Its never him.

SO ALL THAT SAID, I really want to find ways to hate the Broncos but find myself in more of a state of admiration that they have made so many good moves that their team is really, really good. They've done it without a bunch of trash-talking thugs, hypocrisy, and hate-able players. While I hope the Patriots beat them and root against them on a weekly basis, I am glad to be able to watch a good football game on Sunday between two good organizations.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117050

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117055

The ESPN link...that's the definition of groupthink. Half the awards are almost completely agreed upon, and the rest have something pretty close to consensus.

As for the dumb Broncos, other than TJ Ward and Manning and maybe Welker, there's nobody I really have a huge issue with on that team. The fans, however, are becoming Mountain Time Zone Colt fans from days gone by. It's irritating, but we all know it will stop when Manning leaves/retires.

My top 5 hated teams in order: Steelers, Jets, Raiders, Giants, Dolphins

Switch Dolphins and Giants, and you've got mine I think.

The Patriots got their reputation tarnished by CameraGate. The Broncos cheated against the salary cap back in their SB days and got a relative slap on the wrist that no-one even remembers; I think they lost a 4th round pick.

I believe it was the largest monetary fine in the history of the NFL - and still holds that record today

Cheating on the cap - to keep Elway but more importantly complimentary players (let's not kid ourselves - it's not like Elway was going to be cut) was and is a big deal

Okay, so they have been busted for some drug tests (which team hasn't?), have an owner who owned the New England Patriots during his entire career, and they have a QB who will forever be our biggest rival. They have taken away our #1 CB and our beloved wide receiver. Watching Manning torch other teams with his assemble of all-pro skill players and stonewall offensive line may give us Marsha Brady syndrome and get the blood pressure up, but really, what is to hate about this team other than that they have been very, very good at assembling a great team? You might even say that, over the last couple of years, they out Patriotsed the Patriots with shrewd, aggressive moves.

First of all, no one should be surprised. Do you recall that Peyton Manning had a choice of about 15 teams in 2011? Did you think he was going to pick a team that wasn't stacked with cheap, drafted talent, a strong front office, and a championship caliber defense?

My hate for Denver is nothing more than rooting against them because they are our rivals.

I HATE the Pittsburgh Steelers organization with their whiny, Spygate-obsessed fans. They are the most hypocritical organization in sports, building their teams around thugs and felons, pretending to be a classy organization. From Jerry Porter to Ben Roethlisberger to Plaxico Burress to Santonio Holmes, I've said for years that the only difference between the thug Bengals and thug Steelers is football success. Their players love to talk crap about the Patriots cheating a day or two before getting wiped all over the field with embarrassing attempts to contain Brady, only to start yapping again a year later about cheating. Bill Cowher himself became the target of the fan base for speaking the truth, which is that Spygate made no impact on the Steelers-Patriots games of that era.

I HATE the Baltimore Ravens for their obnoxious leadership in Terrell Suggs, formerly Ray Lewis, and a head coach who who calls our championships tainted, then attempts to cover up player scandals around domestic violence, and who, by the way, referred to a concussion to Stevan Ridley as "football at its finest." If the Patriots had a guy like Suggs, I would literally stop following the team.

I HATE the New York Jets for so many obvious reasons that are to numerous to list here. They are the biggest bunch of wannabee, mouthy, self-promoting players that stepped on a football field. Fortunately, I am able to laugh at them about 12 times a year when they lose.

I HATED the Indianapolis Colts for their self-righteous image for a team with so much dirt. Their owner is poster boy of a worthless playboy with money who is important only because he has money. Tony Dungy compared Spygate to Barry Bonds, yet we all know the Colts were pumping in crowd noise, changing the rules of the game via the competition committee through Bill Polian to suit his own team. Dungy loved to pretend he is a choir boy despite obvious family problems while Polian abused his position within the NFL. Marvin Harrison is a violent criminal, yet his actions were swept under the rug. Never seen a team who was so protected by the NFL and yet somehow beloved by the national fanbase as the All-American team against the evil New England Patriots.

I'm with you on hating idiot players and fans of organizations jealous with the Patriots success... that would include the Raiders who still have a chip on their shoulder about the Tuck Rule - another thing they clearly know nothing about yet seem to think they are experts on why the officials made the wrong call that year and a dozen years following

In general I find that Pittsburgh fans know their football - so I tend not to hate them, especially since the Steelers aren't really a rival these days

The Jets and Jets fans are just so pathetic they are fun to mock - but I don't even think I hate them

I was not a fan of the Browns for hiring Mangini - but now he's gone and I think it's sad to see an organization like the Browns be a laughing stock for so log - I'm rooting for Hoyer now too - but the NFL is better when the Browns are good - and they haven't been since Modell screwed them

I don't even hate Mangini anymore. He had no idea that Goodell would over-react the way he did

I DO hate Goodell. I think that's enough for now.

At least their fans aren't sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, **** bags like Colts fans were and are. Other than that, there's not much to like.

At least their fans aren't sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, **** bags like Colts fans were and are. Other than that, there's not much to like.

I think that stemmed from their coach. Since then their drunken owner really has not given them much leverage. Colts fans are not nearly as annoying now that manning is gone. It's all been transferred to Denver now.

Oh, also, that daywalker Jack Del Rio tends to freak me out a bit. I think he may be one of Andy Dalton's minions.

Just in time for Halloween:
jack-del-rio_1383578171186_1209083_ver1.0_320_240.jpg
Andy-Dalton.jpg

MUaHAhaHAha! We will eat your flesh!

Last edited:
If there's any hate for the Broncos, it's because they've been relevant and good since forever. From Elway to Plummer to Manning they never really seemed to undergo the same transition phase with a bad quarterback that most other teams do; the Packers (since 1994) are the only other team I can think of like that besides the Colts (since 1998) and Patriots (since 2001), but the Broncos have had the longest bout of relevance I can think of, even for the magical Tebow years.

I think they get away with a lot, but Manning has always gotten the calls. I'm also aware that Brady gets some calls that other quarterbacks may not, too. And I'm a little less reactionary when it comes to Manning vs. Brady - I think they're probably 1a and 1b of all-time (with valid arguments for Marino, Montana, Unitas, etc.), and "who's better" is a completely pointless argument. Even at this point, that's still the case. I'm a lot less worried about the "legacy" of Brady or Manning than I think some posters here are, and just enjoy watching probably the two best ever go at it every year.

If you don't hate the nationwide PM ball washing.....the slew of band wagon front running fans they've gained since his signing......if you don't hate the Denver fan (ever listen to their sport talk or read their papers....let alone their forum posts).....if you don't resent Welker....if you don't hate the unnecessary coronation of a team that still hasn't won anything.....well, then you aren't paying attention

eff the Broncos and all their fans (unfortunately I seem to have a bunch of Bronco fan friends......3-4 from CO, one from MT, and another bandwagon PM fanboy from CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes