PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss's New Mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont mean to condemn Reiss,maybe he was having a bad day and would apologize if he saw us again.I look at it like this if a guy cuts you off in traffic,you get pissed off and think hes a jerk.Then he goes down the road and lets someone ahead of him in traffic,they think hes a great guy.Whats the truth.The answer:Not enough info.I would rather not say exactly what happened because he cant say Im a damn liar Which is his right,plus if I give details it would be unfair to him,because some people would believe my side of the story and not hear his.

p.s. I will continue to read his columns as I find him rather informed and objective

Last edited:
I dont mean to condemn Reiss,maybe he was having a bad day and would apologize if he saw us again.I look at it like this if a guy cuts you off in traffic,you get pissed off and think hes a jerk.Then he goes down the road and lets someone ahead of him in traffic,they think hes a great guy.Whats the truth.The answer:Not enough info.I would rather not say exactly what happened because he cant say Im a damn liar Which is his right,plus if I give details it would be unfair to him,because some people would believe my side of the story and not hear his.

:confused: (10 char)

Last edited:

p.s. I will continue to read his columns as I find him rather informed and objective
This whole thing is unnecessary.

It’s like when a friend says, "I know a huge secret but I can't tell you"

Well crap, if you can't tell me, why did you bring it up in the first place?????

Smiley-face or no, this is unnecessary piling on. Please let's keep that stuff out of here. Thanks.

Please fill me in on the "unnecessary" part...or the "piling on" part...and what "stuff" has your panties in a bunch?

I like what Parcells built on defense. Should be interesting to see how we do against one of the elite teams in the league.

You got a good player in Demarcus no doubt about it.

Interesting items in the Mailbag though...

Reiss doesn't see Dillon returning ... which I still hope his friendship with Maroney changes that, as while I agree Morris is an overall upgrade, 13 TDs, 4.1 ypc isn't anything to sneeze at and the ability to push ahead for a TD or short yardage is something I think we could improve upon

Good to see that Reiss for one doesn't attempt to suggest that last year's "steep learning curve" among our WRs (which includes Caldwell) had something to do with the general lack of talent as well. Week in and week out I felt like too many were being way too soft with their "just give them time" excuses for our WRs. I'm hoping we don't need to give the new guys "time" to begin signficant contributions to our offense.

Reiss is clearly down on Chad Jackson too, fueling the fire that there might be some lack of drive, in addition to the injury situation - which is too bad. My hope is that a Red Shirt season might actually trigger something in Jackson's pride that has him come back strong in 2008.

It also seems like Paul Oliver is getting serious consideration as a supplemental draft pick from the Pats and other teams.

Last edited:
Reiss is clearly down on Chad Jackson too, fueling the fire that there might be some lack of drive, in addition to the injury situation - which is too bad. My hope is that a Red Shirt season might actually trigger something in Jackson's pride that has him come back strong in 2008.

I think it's far too early to say anything about Chad Jackson. Most NFL "speed" wide receivers do not really break out until their 3rd year in the league, i.e. Santana Moss, Javon Walker, Steve Smith, etc.

I see Reiss gets a lot of love on this site and others,I wonder if more people had direct contact with him would they think so?Just asking because I had a bad incident recently at Foxboro with him,I will not get into what happened as I dont think its the right place for it as he cant defend himself,But let it be known I found him extremely rude and hateful to me and my kids.Thats why if I like someone famous I would rather not meet them and have them ruin the illusion.

I have has many dealings with Mr Reiss and find him to be business like, respectful and pleasant.

I find it hard to believe you had such an experience.

Have you emailed him or written him about it??

He answers his emails ya know.

Please fill using if indeed you find this was a simple misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I see Reiss gets a lot of love on this site and others,I wonder if more people had direct contact with him would they think so?Just asking because I had a bad incident recently at Foxboro with him,I will not get into what happened as I dont think its the right place for it as he cant defend himself,But let it be known I found him extremely rude and hateful to me and my kids.Thats why if I like someone famous I would rather not meet them and have them ruin the illusion.

I think it's worse to say that someone was hateful then not say why you think so. You've already made the accusation so there is no reason not to actually tell us what happened.

I think it's worse to say that someone was hateful then not say why you think so. You've already made the accusation so there is no reason not to actually tell us what happened.
Agreed, now people might think he did something worse than what he actually did.

Reiss said:
With the Broncos' recent signing of DT Sam Adams, news surfaced that his agent had been in contact with Patriots representatives. Do you feel the Patriots were really trying to sign him (if so, in what role?), or they were merely trying to drive the price up for the Broncos?
Kevin, Hudson

A: I think the Patriots were trying to sign Adams, adding a quality veteran presence along the line and protecting themselves at nose tackle if starter Vince Wilfork becomes injured. I don't believe it was a situation where they were trying to drive the price up on the Broncos.

For what its worth, Sam Adams was on Sirius and he said that New England was the front runner and he almost signed with us until Denver jumped in. He went to Denver because he felt he could provide more leadership to that group and get more playing time. After saying that he went into a long praise of BB and the Pats organization. Not that it matters now but he was very close to being a Patriot.

Agreed, now people might think he did something worse than what he actually did.
I apologize for bringing the incident up,I was just curious as to maybe others had experienced what I had with him.I was just looking for feedback and not trying to air his dirty laundry.

I apologize for bringing the incident up,I was just curious as to maybe others had experienced what I had with him.I was just looking for feedback and not trying to air his dirty laundry.

I don't see what the big deal is. Players and writers run into 100s of fans. Plus they have jobs to do.

I'm sure even the nicest run into somebody at the wrong time, that is when they have something to do and don't have time for the niceties.

For every, "Celeb was great" story, there's the opposite, I've found and vice versa.

Sorry, but I'm not going to trust a guy with 9 posts. You clearly registered for the sole purpose of bashing Reiss. BTW, don't be afraid to hit the space bar every once in a while between sentences.

Someone do an IP check and make sure this isn't AllisonLovesBrady/TomCasale sock who is jealous of the respect Reiss gets.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I'm not going to trust a guy with 9 posts. You clearly registered for the sole purpose of bashing Reiss. BTW, don't be afraid to hit the space bar every once in a while between sentences.

Someone do an IP check and make sure this isn't AllisonLovesBrady/TomCasale sock who is jealous of the respect Reiss gets.

Isn't it awful to be that suspicious....and know that it's warranted.

I don't think even Alison is dumb enough to hype Casale's draft publication, but I'm going to check anyway.

Alison is wayyy jealous of Reiss!

I once heard from a guy who knows a guy who has a friend who knows a season ticket holder that Reiss once punched a baby in the face.

Just something I heard.

Wow I didnt think I had bashed anyone and am a big fan of Reiss's work.As far as the guy who doesnt like my punctuation I would ask that you just ignore so as not to be offended.

I thought he chose his words very carefully not to bash Reiss. While none of us can know either way, there's no real reason to think the story is suspect. Like everyone said, anyone can have a bad day.

I thought he chose his words very carefully not to bash Reiss. While none of us can know either way, there's no real reason to think the story is suspect. Like everyone said, anyone can have a bad day.

Did you see his original post or just the ensuing ones. It was his first post in which he referred to Reiss as "extremely rude and hateful", which to me seems to be over the top. And it was only other posters that reminded him that yes "everyone can have a bad day".

Personally, I simply am not huge on someone registering for the sole purpose of delviering some unconfirmed, vague character attack on somebody else. It's just like the Casasle bashing Jackson story - the "I won't go into it because I'm such a nice guy, but take my word for it" type stuff, it drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Keep hoping pal.

Shouldn't be that hard. Living here in Cowboy land, its amazing how over-rated the team is at times...

I am looking forward to the Pats going up against the Cowboys and the Boys getting beaten. I will wear my Pats jersey and at with PRIDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes