PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Yates to re-sign with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep with how little space we have, by cutting him and resigning him he doesn't get the more money he was due this season but instead what the signed him for now.

Decent depth, and I'm glad Yates agreed to re-sign, presumable at a lower cap charge.

However, the interior OL was a mess before Neal returned. Constant pressure up the middle, missed assignments. He earned the starting spot in Neal's absence through camp, but really struggled. Hopefully after another year he can offer a stronger presence as a back-up.

The depth at OG is supposed to be weak in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the Pats look for another back-up in the draft, given the constant injuries to Neal.

I might be wrong but my reading of the situation is that Yates likely doesn't take a pay cut.

This just takes some money off the cap that was considered Not Likely to be Earned and since he wasn't likely earning it he really isn't agreeing to less.

I guess we can safely call him Billy "Yo-Yo" Yates ... with all the activity he has seen being on and off.

Last edited:
Welcome back! I thought that the team had always liked him as an inexpensive backup. The question now is whether the team will make much effort to sign Hochstein, or whether they are fine inside with Yates and Wendall, and a possible draftee for backups. My personal choice is to draft one of the Day One quality guards.

Yates still sucks right?

Welcome back Mr. Yates

Tripod_Turnstile.jpg

definitely related to money...not a bad move..thought it was money AND...he'll be in teh mix..which is always good to have..

That's too bad. I always got the impression from watching him play that he sucks.

I'd prefer it was Washington coming back.

Thank goodness. What a relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back