PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Weis Draws Interest from NFL Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
TaxPlaya said:
Let's narrow this down to process of elimination. The fact he was contacted during the bye week might indicate that one of the teams on bye contacted him.

Teams on bye last week included:

CLE: a distinct possibility, especially if Weis rebuffed them
GB: another distinct possibility

IND, JAX, MIN, NE: no chance

I'd put my money on either CLE or GB, or both.

I say it's Buffalo. Then from that point forward and forever, the winner of the AFC East will be awarded the Belichick Trophy.

upstater1 said:
College coaches do a lot more travelling. You have to visit the homes of 50 to 75 players to try to reel them in. It ain't all that it's cracked up to be.
That's true for many, but not all. I used to have a job that sent me on 30 trips a year or more, and I very much enjoyed seeing new places and revisiting old places. Some people love that sort of thing.

I've been hearing from Giants fans for quite some time that there is one job that Charlie really wants, it's to be HC of the Giants

DCPatsFan said:
I've been hearing from Giants fans for quite some time that there is one job that Charlie really wants, it's to be HC of the Giants

Now that's a franchise I could see making that call before last week. Coughlin has really struggled with dealing with the NFL player mentality. And they invested a bundle in a QB with a supposed can't miss pedigree who remains pretty much an enigma, and with Barber set to retire... Then of course there is Tennessee which I doubt Charlie would want to get involved with unless Floyd was getting canned too, and Baltimore where the offensive guru Billick has floundered since his 2000 SB and just canned his OC too, as did Green in AZ to deflect attention from themselves being on the hot seat (and Green certainly has a talented young offense that could be developed if they could find a HC with the cache to debunk the can't win mentality - wouldn't it be a hoot if Charlie and NEM ended up in the same area code), and SD where Schottenheimer may be on his way out because his GM is not a fan of Martyball induced choking. And then there's whoever believes they will be drafting Quinn in April who might be looking for a package deal.

I think Charlie will stay the course for at least a few more years though and maybe even for good. It was his non NFL dream job and to leave it would be to lose that forever. He has elevated it again to one of the handful of college jobs that rivals the NFL for $$$ and attention. I doubt he would take any NFL job that didn't offer him either autonomy or pair him with a high functioning FO and ownership that wanted to install the Patriots NFL model top to bottom.

The rumors will continue to fly annually though regardless of what Charlie says as other college programs use that as a means to try to undercut him for recruiting purposes.

TheBostonStraggler said:
I say it's Buffalo. Then from that point forward and forever, the winner of the AFC East will be awarded the Belichick Trophy.

Has there ever before been a division where all of the coaches are from the same "family tree?" How about 3/4 of the teams (like the AFCE now)? It's off the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes