PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss twitter - Welker takes first contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently a full participant today in 11-11 and got popped a couple of times including by Mayo and bounced right back up like he used to...:D

Monsteroid.

Good news..

now get him out of the way. have him work on his routes with the passing team. everyone knows what he can do, and there's no need to hit him at this point. more time to heal in peace is a good thing, plus it gives more reps to the inexperienced who will need to be counted on regardless of welker's status

Apparently a full participant today in 11-11 and gott popped a couple of times including by Mayo and bounced right back up like he used to...:D

Glad to read that. Hate to see Welker injured and BB CUT Mayo. :rolleyes:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

:youtheman: :rocker: :singing: :woohoo: :yeeha: :popcorn:

Last edited:
Ian twitters:

RapSheet: I asked Wes Welker if he was happy to get hit again: "Absolutely."

Good. This is the first step. The next is getting hit on the field by the opponent during preseason and then, finally, the season with a game on the line.

now get him out of the way. have him work on his routes with the passing team. everyone knows what he can do, and there's no need to hit him at this point. more time to heal in peace is a good thing, plus it gives more reps to the inexperienced who will need to be counted on regardless of welker's status

Have to knock the rust off, just like Brady had to last season. You can't wrap them in cotton and hope they can just turn it on in week whatever... It doesn't work that way, as much as guys like LdT used to like to think it would... Your mind and body need to be reconditioned every season to again be prepared absorb the hits.

Good. This is the first step. The next is getting hit on the field by the opponent during preseason and then, finally, the season with a game on the line.

That'll be nerve-wracking:eek: like peeking through your hands. Once that first one's over it's not so bad. Or maybe once the second one's over...

Get that first full-game hit over with!

That'll be nerve-wracking:eek: like peeking through your hands. Once that first one's over it's not so bad. Or maybe once the second one's over...

Get that first full-game hit over with!

Well, Welker is mentally tough. Maybe the toughest on the team when it comes to his mentality. But there's still a chance that it'll take him a couple of regular season games to get over it. I remember Brady getting hit early in the preseason last year and made the point that he still looked timid in the pocket in the ensuing preseason games. It continued during the first two weeks of the regular season when he clearly wasn't stepping all the way into his throws. It was around Week 3 when he started to improve. This could, or could not be, the same case for Welker. It all depends on whether or not it's constantly on his mind when he catches the ball and turns it upfield.

Well, Welker is mentally tough. Maybe the toughest on the team when it comes to his mentality. But there's still a chance that it'll take him a couple of regular season games to get over it. I remember Brady getting hit early in the preseason last year and made the point that he still looked timid in the pocket in the ensuing preseason games. It continued during the first two weeks of the regular season when he clearly wasn't stepping all the way into his throws. It was around Week 3 when he started to improve. This could, or could not be, the same case for Welker. It all depends on whether or not it's constantly on his mind when he catches the ball and turns it upfield.

I was at training camp last year (this was prior to joining this forum). Brady was having those exact same problems in training camp.

I was at training camp last year (this was prior to joining this forum). Brady was having those exact same problems in training camp.

Yeah, others echoed that too saying that Brady was throwing a decent amount of picks in TC last year. I remember expressing how that was either great news for our secondary or bad news for Brady.

Man, how can you not love Welker, what an amazing player. I don't even think fans of other teams dislike Welker, he's just an amazing player, with a no-quit attitude. Undrafted ? Who cares, I'll make the NFL anyway, Cut by the Chargers ? Who cares, I'll be a tazmanian devil for the Dolphins. Trade me ? I'll make ya pay twice a year as a Patriot. Blow out my knee last game of the season ? I'll see ya game 1 next year. How can ya not love the guy ? One of my alltime favorite Pats.

One reason I think Wes won't have a problem getting hit (as was mentioned about Brady at the beggining last year) is because Wes didn't suffer the injury from a hit, so the built in natural tendancy to avoid such hits won't be there. Sure he'll still be conscious of being hit in relation to his injury, but that back-brain type paranoia that takes effort to over come won't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes