PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss thinks football even while shoveling the driveway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The Panthers were never going to be a good team this season thanks to Delhomme and their D-line situation. That was plainly obvious from before the first ball was snapped this year.

The Pats however were still a good team despite Seymour not being there, you always will be with Belichick as your coach, Tom Brady at QB, and Randy Moss and Wes Welker at WR. The division title on the back of a pretty tough schedule backs that up.

The Pats won their division, made the Playoffs, might have gone deeper but for losing Welker (and having a competent run game), and still have the Raiders pick.

The Panthers got nowhere, went 8-8, and will probably trade away their 2011 first rounder like they did with their 2009 and 2010 drafts.

I disagree. The Panthers were never going to be a good team this season thanks to Delhomme and their D-line situation. That was plainly obvious from before the first ball was snapped this year.

The Pats however were still a good team despite Seymour not being there, you always will be with Belichick as your coach, Tom Brady at QB, and Randy Moss and Wes Welker at WR. The division title on the back of a pretty tough schedule backs that up.

The Pats won their division, made the Playoffs, might have gone deeper but for losing Welker (and having a competent run game), and still have the Raiders pick.

The Panthers got nowhere, went 8-8, and will probably trade away their 2011 first rounder like they did with their 2009 and 2010 drafts.

I didn't get this. Reiss is comparing apples and oranges. Pats had VW and Sey up after 2010 and could only slap the tag on one. Peppers is the only guy of substance worth slapping the cap on for 'Lina.

Last edited:
Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

This is why Reiss is the man. He can think and shovel at the same time.

He's a better man than me. The last time I tried thinking while shoveling, I accidentally impaled my neighbor with my shovel. Well, that is the story I told the cops and they seemed have bought it. So all is good.

He's a better man than me. The last time I tried thinking while shoveling, I accidentally impaled my neighbor with my shovel. Well, that is the story I told the cops and they seemed have bought it. So all is good.

...Colts fan?

I am usually cussing while I'm shoveling, so for Reiss to be calm and analytic at such trying times is exemplary.

...Colts fan?

You got me. I think there is something in Massachusetts law that says killing a Colts fan is justifiable homicide, but I didn't want to risk it.

Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

This is why Reiss is the man. He can think and shovel at the same time.

its not THAT hard! :D

but in all seriousness, Reiss is a superb reporter, I didn't realize how good he was until that idiot breer took over with his blog (which I really prefer not to even look at)

its not THAT hard! :D

but in all seriousness, Reiss is a superb reporter, I didn't realize how good he was until that idiot breer took over with his blog (which I really prefer not to even look at)

The writing styles of both Breer and Rappaport bother me. The write like a 24 year old blogger. Nothing against that but from a newspaper I expect better.

Always liked Reiss.

Last edited:
Reiss is a good reporter. But as a critical football thinker, there is a reason he's blogging for BSPN and shoveling his own driveway and this is it.

The writing styles of both Breer and Rappaport bother me. The write like a 24 year old blogger. Nothing against that but from a newspaper I expect better.

Always liked Reiss.

Couldn't agree more. Reiss takes time to methodically address questions in a thoughtful, well-thought-out manner.

Breer, on the other hand, appears to be posting entries as he is rushing out the door to eat more cheeseburgers :D

Reiss is a good reporter. But as a critical football thinker, there is a reason he's blogging for BSPN and shoveling his own driveway and this is it.

Thats cold..........but accurate IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing