PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: TE production remains a concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss:TE production remains a concern

While watching the game yesterday, could not help but think why a TE is not a first read or so overlooked.

That is one of the reasons why this O is so predictable..

Last edited:

Instead of giving Watson and Baker the ball, this team is trying to make Sam Aiken the 3rd receiver in that spread offense.

Not just Watson but Baker looked like a very solid receiver at the TE position in the preseason and early in the regular season.

The TE has never been a huge part of the NE offense- even with Weis calling plays. But with Watson having 3 catches for 43 yds in the last 3 GAMES, he is just not getting open OR Brady isn't even looking at him.

The TE has never been a huge part of the NE offense- even with Weis calling plays. But with Watson having 3 catches for 43 yds in the last 3 GAMES, he is just not getting open OR Brady isn't even looking at him.

well..i normally dont like to blame OC for this but i think this is on him/BB. If you see the colts game,they did get watson the ball in the 2nd or 3rd drive. in the saints game ,i cna only remember the pass up the middle for a missed TD. In fact , why the TE isnt involved in the RZ instead of the constant fade attempts to moss is a mystery.
How many times we saw fauria of all people caught TD passes off of play action ?

I presume that the TEs are busy blocking and so have the hands full.

In fact, when Baker called a TO (that made Wes furious), I assumed that he saw something that made him think that he alone couldn't handle and hence called a TO.

Felger just said that the Patriots are 30th in the league in tight end receptions. This is not because of lack of TE talent.

Felger just said that the Patriots are 30th in the league in tight end receptions. This is not because of lack of TE talent.

I agree, it has more to do with game planning and play calling.. take some pressure off of Welker who is taking a beating.

Brady rarily looks off Welker and Moss and that is a problem including the lack of our TEs to try and get open.

Even when slow Dan Graham was here we had plays that would get him wide open TD passes. I can't remember the last time Watson was thrown to.

Even when slow Dan Graham was here we had plays that would get him wide open TD passes. I can't remember the last time Watson was thrown to.

Daniel Graham was not slow. You must be thinking of someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes