PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss story on field conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Willie55 said:
If the groundskeeper can keep the practice fields in good condition, fields they practice on 4 times a week, why cant he keep the playing field in good shape that get used basically once a week.
Grubs and chiggers ;)

Last edited:
patman12 said:
Grubs and chiggers ;)

They have treatments for those. Hasn't this guy heard of them or is it the cheap Bob Kraft not wanting to spend money on the fertilizer. He's putting the money in the same vault as the salary cap money and squirreling it away.

Willie55 said:
They have treatments for those. Hasn't this guy heard of them or is it the cheap Bob Kraft not wanting to spend money on the fertilizer. He's putting the money in the same vault as the salary cap money and squirreling it away.
you know..idiots like you hate Krafto much..you should become a fan of another team..you HAVE NO clue..and your pathetic barnb against Kraft show how little you know of anything of this franchise..

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
you know..idiots like you hate Krafto much..you should become a fan of another team..you HAVE NO clue..and your pathetic barnb against Kraft show how little you know of anything of this franchise..

Settle down. I was kidding.

Pats726 said:
Take it easy, he was obviously being sarcastic.

Willie55- time for a name change, buddy.

Willie55 said:
Settle down. I was kidding.

It's tough, Willie. The board has gotten so ridiculous lately you can't be sarcastic anymore.

Maybe we need more varieties of these now.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We could have "mild sarcasm" "friendly sarcasm" "Duh" etc.:p

RayClay said:
It's tough, Willie. The board has gotten so ridiculous lately you can't be sarcastic anymore.

Maybe we need more varieties of these now.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We could have "mild sarcasm" "friendly sarcasm" "Duh" etc.:p

I was thinking of a flashing neon sign that said "KIDDING".

Patjew said:
Take it easy, he was obviously being sarcastic.

Willie55- time for a name change, buddy.

I still like Willie. Plus it lets us not forget everything he did for this team and organization over the years.

Its those damn chinchbugs.

If crappy field conditions increase the home field advantage, let the field go to crap I say. Who cares? It's not like the team gets home field advantage from the rabid fans that attend the games.

Willie55 said:
I still like Willie. Plus it lets us not forget everything he did for this team and organization over the years.
Don't make me change to Tony11.

A good field obviously is not a priority for the Krafts. Making money with the soccer team, concerts, movies and other events apparently is.

Does this hurt the Pats? Well it may have contributed to the missed/blocked FG in the Denver game. It helped us in the Miami game.

Was this the only reason we lost that Devner game? No.

Just like parking for fans is not a priority. Building cookie cutter malls and shops is.

What about bathroom access for the average fan in the cheap seats? Not a priority either.

Just pointing out the facts. You draw your own conclusions.

denverpatsfan said:
A good field obviously is not a priority for the Krafts. Making money with the soccer team, concerts, movies and other events apparently is.

Does this hurt the Pats? Well it may have contributed to the missed/blocked FG in the Denver game. It helped us in the Miami game.

Was this the only reason we lost that Devner game? No.

Just like parking for fans is not a priority. Building cookie cutter malls and shops is.

What about bathroom access for the average fan in the cheap seats? Not a priority either.

Just pointing out the facts. You draw your own conclusions.

Hey, Willie 55! Is THIS guy flashing a sarcasm sign? I can't quite make it out......

I can be and have been sarcastic here. But not this time.

Don't get me started on Kraft.

denverpatsfan said:
Don't get me started on Kraft.
You mean you don't want to get started about how lucky we are that this lifelong fan bought the team and installed a management system that has taken us to 4 Super Bowls in 10 years? Or how he kept the New England Patriots IN New England? Or how he built the stadium, hailed by some as the best in the league, with HIS money rather than relying on public funds and tax hikes like almost every other stadium in the country? Or how the Pats went from regional and national laughing stocks to one of the best sports franchises in the country in any league? Or how he does not impose seat license fees like they do elsewhere? Or how he and his family have donated and raised tens of millions of dollars for several charities.

I'd love to hear you get started on Kraft. Go ahead, I'm very curious to hear how you could possibly bash him.

PS- you obviously have never been to another stadium if you think the restroom situation in Gillette is bad.

I don't think there's any question that if BB REALLY wanted the field fixed, Kraft would have it done overnight.

I thnk this is just another in a long line of ploys by the patriots.
Colts are our next homegame :)

Patjew said:
You mean you don't want to get started about how lucky we are that this lifelong fan bought the team and installed a management system that has taken us to 4 Super Bowls in 10 years? Or how he kept the New England Patriots IN New England? Or how he built the stadium, hailed by some as the best in the league, with HIS money rather than relying on public funds and tax hikes like almost every other stadium in the country? Or how the Pats went from regional and national laughing stocks to one of the best sports franchises in the country in any league? Or how he does not impose seat license fees like they do elsewhere? Or how he and his family have donated and raised tens of millions of dollars for several charities.

I'd love to hear you get started on Kraft. Go ahead, I'm very curious to hear how you could possibly bash him.

PS- you obviously have never been to another stadium if you think the restroom situation in Gillette is bad.

Well said, Patjew. No sarcasm whatsoever. Kraft is the greatest sports owner in New England since Walter Brown.

shmessy said:
Well said, Patjew. No sarcasm whatsoever. Kraft is the greatest sports owner in New England since Walter Brown.
Thanks. If I seemed pissed, it's because I was.

OK..it was sarcastic..but the problem is MANY say the same things and DO mean it totally...a year ago or so..it wouldn't have mattered as much, but now, there are so many naysayers..hard to tell them from those that are sarcastic..
As far as the turf goes, they can't do much..heard a bit on EEI and..it seems what they can do is just so little at this point..add rain and cold and?? It will be a mud bowl. THIS is not helpful to this team at all now..NOT at all!! And that is really very bad..Maroney can NOT cut fast in this mess...so looking for him to be slowed at home. Hope something CAN be done..but reseeding it is unlikely as more time is needed with non use. Blame the STones, concerts and the fact that they threw sand on it all..and that makes for a real mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes