PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Starters will play tonite according to BB on WFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss:Starters will play tonite according to BB on WFAN

Well, lets just pray someone important doesn't go down. I realize they looked horrible last week and want to redeem themselves, but damn talk about uncalled for risk.

Well, lets just pray someone important doesn't go down. I realize they looked horrible last week and want to redeem themselves, but damn talk about uncalled for risk.

Why is it an uncalled for risk? Is it a risk, yes but certainly not uncalled for. Obviously in Bill's estimation this team is not ready to start the regular season. So he's weighing the risk of injury with the need to be ready for football in 12 days and feels it's worth the risk. What did the offensive starters play last week...8-10 minutes? Would you rather the pat's rest all their starters this week and show up looking rusty against the Bengals?

For this game and the season, is it worth risking McCourty on kickoff returns? I know he's dynamic, but we're thin enough on viable starters for CBs already and the drop off from McCourty to (Tate)? on kickoff returns would probably be greater than the dropoff from McCourty to the next CB.

Maybe put him in earlier and only keep him in if the game is too close.

Why is it an uncalled for risk? Is it a risk, yes but certainly not uncalled for. Obviously in Bill's estimation this team is not ready to start the regular season. So he's weighing the risk of injury with the need to be ready for football in 12 days and feels it's worth the risk. What did the offensive starters play last week...8-10 minutes? Would you rather the pat's rest all their starters this week and show up looking rusty against the Bengals?

I'd rather not see the offensive starters out there at all. I think it's unneeded. But if they have to be out there, I hope it's not for more than a series. Most of the defense, on the other hand, needs to be out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back