PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss, SMY: Seau signs today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Twitter - Reiss according to Versus, which airs his TV show.

Re: Reiss: Seau signs today

At least Reiss is more reliable then Schefter. With Mayo back and Taylor hurt, it makes me wonder if he'll be used mostly as a FB.

This is great news. With the return of Seau and the improved health of Mayo, perhaps will see a return to more 3-4 looks.

Who will be let go to make room???

Great news. I love seeing Seau in a Pats uniform (even though he is 40 years old). Hopefully we can get him a ring this season.

Ninkovich had a sack and deflected pass in limited playing time

so they will probably cut him.

Great, now we just wait for the Nnamdi trade :p

Nice Junior is the man. And getting him in now means he should be up to speed coming out of the bye for the meat of the scedule MIA, Indy, and the Jets.

Good news we can rotate him along with mayo /guyton and ask AD to just rush the passer.

This is great news. With the return of Seau and the improved health of Mayo, perhaps will see a return to more 3-4 looks.

I hope so, we need that versatility back.

It's so sad that I'm not against this move.

I'd guess Lockett, unless Light goes to IR, although with Sanders banged up, they may need to look elsewhere. I doubt they'd risk trying to get OBurger to the PSquad. Maybe Alexander's number is up and Guyton gets to learn another new position.

I didn't want Seau here until I saw an obvious sign of lack of a team leader on sunday...Seau could come in and quickly gather the troops up for some motivation.

With Sanders hurt, Lockett seems likely to be kept for a couple of weeks.

In any case, we need to find THREE roster spots: for Seau, LeVoir and Tate. Given the situations at OT and returner, I would think that we would want to effect these additions as soon as possible so that all are as ready as possible coming into the tough 5 game run coming out of the bye.

I certainly am looking for more base 3-4 formations with Mayo and Seau in the middle on first down.

I didn't want Seau here until I saw an obvious sign of lack of a team leader on sunday...Seau could come in and quickly gather the troops up for some motivation.

Great point. IMO the Pats have enough talent to be a good defense and they play physical for the most part. The problem is confidence and seasoning as it relates to game experience.

Obviously, Seau is no longer a 3-down, 60 plays a game guy. But his experience, toughness and leadership is something IMO this defense needs.

With Sanders hurt, Lockett seems likely to be kept for a couple of weeks.

In any case, we need to find THREE roster spots: for Seau, LeVoir and Tate. Given the situations at OT and returner, I would think that we would want to effect these additions as soon as possible so that all are as ready as possible coming into the tough 5 game run coming out of the bye.

Galloway out (maybe they hope to trade him somehow), Lockett out (we have Chung and Springs to look after the safety spot) and either one of Light or Taylor to IR would be my guesses.

I guess there's the outside chance Brace is looking for a red shirt, though...

You noticed that too?:(
It was sad to see, IMO.

-With Light appearing to be out for some period of time, we probably can't let an OL go unless we try to sneak Simmons/Orhnberger onto the IR.
-With Sanders banged up, it seems even harder to cut Lockett, although I personally would be ok with Meriweather, McGowan, and Chung at safety w/ Slater and Springs as emergency options
-To me that leaves Galloway. He has been inactive for the past two weeks, it seems like going with 4 WRs is the protocol this year (becomes more necessary w/ Light and Taylor injuries), and there have been rumors/rumblings that Tate may actually contribute this year, especially with our issues at Kickoff Return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes