Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reiss: Seau takes physical for Pats while in Boston

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JSn, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I dunno if this was already reported and I missed it, but I was pretty surprised when I saw it on Reiss' Pieces

Mike Reiss' blog - ESPN Boston

http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/blog?post=4529652&name=reiss

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2009
  2. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Re: Is this news or did I miss it? Seau took a physical for the Pats whilst in Beant

Who is the maroon who gave this thread one-star? When I saw the thread it had one view and a one-star rating. WTH?

Whoever did that is more obnoxious than I am. Seriously.

But yeah, I just saw it myself and thought, WHOA!

ps Nice links :D
  3. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

Re: Is this news or did I miss it? Seau took a physical for the Pats whilst in Beant

5 starred on principle. Interesting news, and kinda strange considering that we're also hearing so much good news about Mayo. I'd assume that this meant Mayo would be out for a while, but maybe Belichick wants to hedge his bets? Or maybe he just wants to make sure that the trampling didn't mess up his backup plan too badly :p
  4. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Someone (sadly, with a paid subscription) immediately one-stars every one of my threads. Whatevs. Getting a gold star back in the day was good, so I guess any more than one is bonus.
  5. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

Someone here must really hate canada
  6. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

haha, maybe that's it. It's tough enough living next door to the country half the world wants to blow up without people dissing my threads. It's not easy typing by the glow of the northern lights shining through the cracks in my igloo... :(
  7. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Gave this thread 5 stars to help make up for the person who gave a 1.

On topic.... if Seau is in game ready shape then bring him in. Right now the more help that can be added in for linebackers the better things will be. Even if we have to wait until November its better than not at all.
  8. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you have something against the guy? Just curious. I've always found him to be one of the most honest and objective journalist in sports.
  9. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Ahaha... thanks on both counts.

Back to the topic, I wonder if Bill is wanting to make the 3-4 function better and needs a Seau or Bruschi (and it seems clear it would be Jr.) to make it happen?

I notice the number of 3-4 snaps so far this season are tiny.

I ask this because it's tough to imagine a 40 y/o Seau, even in great shape, in the middle of a 4-3. OLB? DE?
  10. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

No man, Mike rocks. Just think ESPN blows and his Blog has been a significant drop-off from his old one @ the Globe.
  11. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah I think the Globe should have upped the ante to keep him. They haven't been the same since. Huge loss.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is there any way we can get the bull than ran Seau over? :D
  13. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +897 / 46 / -48

Disable Jersey

Lousy lateral movement.
  14. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

ill take seau over Prescott Burgess

who they must of picked up just for info

cause its not like the ravens are deep at LB any more and they are just cuting good LB

Brendon Ayanbadejo a career ST player for the fin's and bear's

is #2 on there team in tackels sacks and INT

and we all know if they dont bring in some one thats over 35 he's not going to play lol so ill take seau
  15. convertedpatsfan

convertedpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

...and the polar bear attacks. Those always disrupt my internet connection.

I wonder how much Seau could actually give. He looked a bit slow before his latest "retirement," but maybe the time off has rejuvenated him. And he said he could only give 6 games, so maybe he has something left.

I was worried about the LBs before the season started, and then Mayo went down. But Guyton has really played well and really proven himself. When Mayo comes back, we should be good at LB, though we could definitely use more depth. Just not sure if Seau has much to give.
  16. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +112 / 22 / -12

#32 Jersey

Jr was still making plays when he left as a Patriot.

Obviously, he would bring great leadership and toughness at ILB on run downs.
  17. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +839 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

MLB on run plays is the only option. OLBs need more speed even to manoever to set the edge on runs. OLB pass rush, JR is way too slow. DE, way too slow on pass rush and too light on run D. Even MLB is a problem with TEs and gawd help us RBs ovah the middle; his experience and intuition will only get him so far, q.v. Bruschi, Tedy. JR would help on 3-4 run situations. If the fat DT porker BB signed works out, they may not need JRs limited run D capabilities.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  18. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I agree. Though I am excited to read about Seau news (and hence giving this thread a 5 star :)), I wonder how much Seau can contribute.

just wish he does enough and get his SB ring with us this year. :)
  19. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 4 / -5

BTW, JSn—if you Canucks want your invasion to go undetected, you have to remember that we say "while" here, not "whilst." :)
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  20. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Haha...

YouTube - Canadian Bacon Trailer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.