PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss says DT Ra'Shede Hageman "not in the mix" for Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Anyone know why? I've followed him a bit and realize he's kind of immature, but he doesn't seem like a bad guy, more a basic guy who had trouble adjusting to being adopted by a white family etc.

Any insight why the Pats wouldn't like him? Seems an ideal DT/DE with power and athleticism that would respond (and probably need) lots of coaching and influence, which we've got in spades with Wilfork and Kelly.

Here's Mike's chat

Chat with Mike Reiss - Sports Nation - ESPN

Mike (Beantown)

Sorry B's, I got a draft to watch. Do you think it's at all possible to get Tuitt/Hageman/NixIII, Deone Bucannon, and either Hyde or Hill at RB in this draft for three of our picks?

Mike Reiss

Mike, maybe some split-screen action? Have to respect the Bruins. Hoping for more of a three-period effort tonight. Curious if the hockey scribes would agree with my amateur analysis that the Canadiens have seemed to win 7 of the 9 periods of hockey played to this point. .. On the Patriots, don't see them in the Hageman or Hyde mix, and Hill has off-field questions that make me doubt it. That leaves Tuitt/Bucannon/Nix. I think the way the picks split at 29 and 62, you're probably only getting 1 of them.​

lazy? bad motor?

Could be. I thought change of position, not too bright. I didn't think he was lazy on video, just indecisive.

Whatever, it doesn't matter now. Easley was apparently top ten material with fantastic effort on the rehab.

I too think basic ACL's aren't what they used to be (routine?), but don't know.

I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Hageman was the biggest lard of crap that was being pumped up by the "experts"

All he has is size and weight to back up his high position to be drafted. Hagemen is more like a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Notice how no one, not a single person was smiling in the Texans War Room with picking Clowney?

Notice how no one, not a single person was smiling in the Texans War Room with picking Clowney?
They should be. That strong side pass rush just became lethal with he and Watt.

They've likely known for weeks or months that they were getting Clowney. There's no element of, "Holy crap, this guy is available at our pick! Score!" when you've been on the clock since 2013.

That was just Reiss' opinion regarding Hageman. When it comes to evaluations, Reiss has regularly been less than stellar when identifying players for the Pats. That being said, it would be interesting to see what Reiss' reasoning actually was for stating why he didn't see Hagemann in the mix..

Meh. I wouldn't read into that at all. They knew they had them when they decided on taking him how many ever weeks or months ago. If Romeo had been there i'm sure you would have seen him giddy as hell.

If you wanted to see genuine disappointment you should have seen the Cowboys' war room after Shazier went to the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes