PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss says 5 Pats on PUP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
arrellbee said:
Tidbits of info:

Zuriel Smith ended the season on the NFLE IR

According to NFLE stats, Earl Charles had no carries at all during the NFLE season. I'm not sure he played at all - as an RB he could have only blocked I suppose. In response to a question I had one time, Mike Reiss told me that he didn't play.

He was also on the NFLE IR at one point or another.

Some PUP info

This is based on a Ron Del Duca's Agent Column on ProfootballTalk.Com and an Michael Fegler article regarding Rosevelt Colvin. A player who fails his club's pre-season physical at the start of training camp may be placed on the club's Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. A player on PUP is eligible to receive his salary, but is ineligible for games and practices; he is, however, allowed to attend team meetings. For a three (3) week period beginning with the day after the club's 6th regular season game and ending on the day after the 9th regular season game, a player on PUP may practice with his club and/or be restored to the club's 53 man roster (provided it is done before the day after the 9th regular season game). Note that there are two different types of PUP. Players that land on reserve-PUP are ineligible to play or practice for the first six weeks of the regular season. Players on active-PUP can be taken off the list at any point during training camp. Once a player is taken off active-PUP and returns to practice, he cannot be placed on reserve-PUP later. Please note that a player on PUP will count against the cap.

pats1 said:
He was also on the NFLE IR at one point or another.
Interesting. According to the season end roster he didn't end up on I/R - how can that be ? He's listed as a regular roster spot. Unless players can come back off of the IR in the NFLE ?

If one is compulsive about trying to keep track of this stuff, the casual accuracy or completeness (or lack thereof) and the inconsistent info on various sites is enough to tear one's hair out (if one has any to begin with ;) )

Another tidbit:
Jon Doty WAS on the NFLE roster for the Centurions but allocated by the Giants. Since the Giants released him and the Patriots picked him up, does he carry an NFLE exemption for the Pats ?? ?? ?? Arrrrrgh.

arrellbee said:
Interesting. According to the season end roster he didn't end up on I/R - how can that be ? He's listed as a regular roster spot. Unless players can come back off of the IR in the NFLE ?

Another tidbit:
Jon Doty WAS on the NFLE roster for the Centurions but allocated by the Giants. Since the Giants released him and the Patriots picked him up, does he carry an NFLE exemption for the Pats ?? ?? ?? Arrrrrgh.
Actually in the NFLE one can come back from IR...NOT at all the same...but rules??? No one knows it seems..and I believe the Roster exemption carries over...meaning that Doty had one..and know that Henry was sugned..he too had one....Again..finding a rule is almost mpossible..but it seems like it's so....
I too have talked to Reiss about that and..I think we all shrug shoulders on these...

5 Pats on PUP...

Koppen, Harrison, Kaczur, Gay and Pass

Anyone else notice Borges language this morning. "Despite the signing of four rookies, today was not a good day for the Patriots."

Wow, 5 guys injured last season are not quite ready and go on the PUP, a list they can get off of at any time during training camp. It is not really panic button news. Which is likely why the Patriots did not hold a press confrence over it.

I think Ron was also referring to the Branch issue, as well as the PUP listings, but you're right, I thought that was yet another 'tell' by Ron. I laughed.

14thDragon said:
Anyone else notice Borges language this morning. "Despite the signing of four rookies, today was not a good day for the Patriots."

Wow, 5 guys injured last season are not quite ready and go on the PUP, a list they can get off of at any time during training camp. It is not really panic button news. Which is likely why the Patriots did not hold a press confrence over it.
NOT a good day..when is a good day for the Patriots in HIS mind...when they move??? Or are in last place?? What a joke!!!! The turd...I think sometime the Globe should be picketed..so that THEY know what a bozo they have...

Pats726 said:
Actually in the NFLE one can come back from IR...NOT at all the same...but rules??? No one knows it seems..and I believe the Roster exemption carries over...meaning that Doty had one..and know that Henry was sugned..he too had one....Again..finding a rule is almost mpossible..but it seems like it's so....
I too have talked to Reiss about that and..I think we all shrug shoulders on these...

Yes, NFLE IR is different than the NFL one. A player can go on/off it at any time.

Doty does carry his NFLE exemption, but was released yesterday. Keron Henry, who the Pats signed in his place, also has an NFLE exemption - regardless of his release last June by the Chargers.

pats1 said:
Yes, NFLE IR is different than the NFL one. A player can go on/off it at any time.

Doty does carry his NFLE exemption, but was released yesterday. Keron Henry, who the Pats signed in his place, also has an NFLE exemption - regardless of his release last June by the Chargers.
At least some things are known..the NFLE rules are not even online..or even known by any of the writers...and Reiss tries to understand it all!!!

can any of our guys come back like mid-season? I'm not well versed on this....seems like it's not as bad as IR.

Boston Globe reports Gay and Pass are on the list aswell. Can be taken off anytime during practice

Last edited by a moderator:
RoughingthePasser said:
can any of our guys come back like mid-season? I'm not well versed on this....seems like it's not as bad as IR.

That has been mentioned many times in this thread ;)

DaBruinz said:
As some have alluded to, there are basically 2 versions of the PUP list. There is the one for Training Camp and the one for regular season. The one for training camp usually means the player isn't ready to take the physical and can not practice with the team. With that one, a player can also be activated at any time. However, once activated, he can NOT go back onto the PUP list. He either has to be IRed or carried as inactive. The regular season PUP list is the one where a player must sit out 6 games and supposedly can't practice prior to those 6 games being up. And I say supposedly because there are rumors about players practicing prior to them actually being activated. Much like the rumors about Bruschi last year. Also, with the Regular Season PUP list, you have to have been on the Training Camp PUP list and not activated.

Yes..PUP only means not ready...basically not passing the physical...so they may come off before TC ends...IF not REserve-PUP means midseason basically is when they can play....IF they are ready...if not IR, waived, or active..

what is wrong with gay? the guy seems like he cannot stay healthy to save his life...

PATSNUTme said:
Some people take this PUP stuff seriously.

I won't until the roster for the first reg season game is announced.

You'll admit you were wrong then.

PatsWickedPissah said:

About what ? Rodney?

I refuse to consider that he will not be starting in the first regualr season game. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Besides, who wants to be the one to tell Rodney that he is Physically Unable To Preform.:rolleyes:

PatsWickedPissah said:

What's he wrong about?

pats1 said:
What's he wrong about?

Says RH will play in game one.
I've said RH will be on PUP.

From what I know....Rodney wont start the opener but he'll play later. He'll be ready when he does....just like Tedy. He'll be foaming at the mouth ready to induce inhumane licks upon the suckers.

our schedule is a bit easier from last year and pending health we look ok....we gotta start 4-0, 5-0 then we'll be ready to uncage the beast for the Stellers, Miami, Indy, Ray Lewis (pound our TE's on his ass all night) Denver! Bring it on...

im ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye