PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Ravens win hurts Patriots playoff chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss:Ravens win hurts Patriots playoff chances

Its something we dont know yet, still have to play the games tom..

I like to enjoy when the cowboys lose. I wish this one didnt hurt the Patriots playoff chances.

Here is to Miami and the Jets TYING in the game they play against one another..

I like to enjoy when the cowboys lose. I wish this one didnt hurt the Patriots playoff chances.

ditto. ....

i thought, wrongly, that DAL, at home, would have won

mmm...pity

but priority number 1 is a win today against ARI with an 'eye' to Mia and Nyj games of course

Go Pats !

Friggen Dallas - with nearly 4 minutes left all they had to do was play the same stiff defense they'd been playing all day. What do they do? Allow a 70 yard TD run.

And did they learn their lesson after another great TD drive? Nope - another 80 yard TD run.

Still - seeing that look on TO's face as the loss approached was pretty classic.

Last edited:

As much as I hate to admit it, the Ravens deserve a playoff birth. They beat Dallas on the Road, in the last game to be played in that stadium. They basically beat Pitt.

Even though the Pats may not get into the playoffs, this has been an amazing year.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Ravens deserve a playoff birth. They beat Dallas on the Road, in the last game to be played in that stadium. They basically beat Pitt.

Even though the Pats may not get into the playoffs, this has been an amazing year.

The Ravens played well against good teams. The Patriots have yet to beat a good team this season, except maybe Miami and the jets, both of whom I think we'd beat EASILY in the post-season.

We'll get it. It has been ordained. ;)

Out of interest, if we finish 11-5 will the teams who make the playoffs at say 10-6 get lower draft picks?

They basically beat Pitt.

What does that mean?

I will say that if they do go 11-5, they will have done it against a much tougher schedule than the one we will have played.

USATODAY.com

According to the Sagarin ratings they've played the 9th toughest schedule and us the 29th. Either way you slice it, we did get to play both the AFC and NFC Western divisions, which are both dreadful. The Ravens had to play the NFC East and AFC South.

Out of interest, if we finish 11-5 will the teams who make the playoffs at say 10-6 get lower draft picks?

The playoff teams will pick 21-32. If we go 11-5 and miss we'll pick 20th, assuming nobody else goes 11-5 and misses which I don't think can happen.

Last edited:

The playoff teams will pick 21-32. If we go 11-5 and miss we'll pick 20th, assuming nobody else goes 11-5 and misses which I don't think can happen.

No. As I've pointed out before, the first criterion is record, so in that scenario, the Pats will pick AFTER any 10-6 teams that reach the playoffs (unless those teams reach the Super Bowl), though they will pick BEFORE any 11-5 team that reaches the playoffs.

Last edited:

Wow sorry about that. I had no idea. That's stupid.

I hope the "girls" fail to make the playoffs now that they blew a game the should have won.

ps - it felt dirty rooting for them and I feel even worse since the lost.

Last edited:

The great thing about the prospects after a Ravens loss was that the Pats then controlled their own destiny. Win out, and we're in. Now, we have to hope that we win out and that the jets or dolphins don't.

Last edited:

I don't think so. As far as I know, the Playoff Teams are at the bottom (higher picks) of the drafting order, ranked according to how they do in the Playoffs. But, I'm open to being corrected.

EDIT: That's wrong. I just googled Wikipedia on it and, as was pointed out above, 31 and 32 are for the SB loser and winner. Everyone else is ranked according to their record with a bunch of tiebreakers thrown in. So, even more galling is the fact that the Cards could make the Playoffs at 8--8 and have a better pick than the Pats who miss the Playoffs at 11--5, but them's the rules.

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Draft

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill