PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss Practice Notes from morning 8/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
tatepatsfan said:
I guess Gramatica missed badly on a 37 yard kick

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I was more interested in the Returner work portion of the report. I'm uncomfortable with Maroney as a KR, or Ellis Hobbs for that matter. I'd much rather have a guy that isn't a valuable starter or backup as the KR/PR. I'm pulling for Willie Andrews. If he can be a ST maven and take that risk away from starters on the D or a valuable backup at a high injury risk position on the O, I'd be very pleased. Though that might be the Madden-player in me talking.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
I was more interested in the Returner work portion of the report. I'm uncomfortable with Maroney as a KR, or Ellis Hobbs for that matter. I'd much rather have a guy that isn't a valuable starter or backup as the KR/PR. I'm pulling for Willie Andrews. If he can be a ST maven and take that risk away from starters on the D or a valuable backup at a high injury risk position on the O, I'd be very pleased. Though that might be the Madden-player in me talking.

Well I agree with you on Maroney and Hobbs being on the returns I'm sure we
can find someone like Andrews that would do great in that department because I think Hobbs needs to concentrate on defense and Maroney on learning his offensive assignments.

broadwayjoe said:
Well I agree with you on Maroney and Hobbs being on the returns I'm sure we
can find someone like Andrews that would do great in that department because I think Hobbs needs to concentrate on defense and Maroney on learning his offensive assignments.
I like them for a change of pace returner, someone the other team hasn't game planned. And depth at returner is one of those nice to haves too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes