PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss' Pieces is changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/06/more_pieces.html
June 27, 2007
More pieces
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

We're happy to pass along a new wrinkle to our blog here on Boston.com. We've set the blog up so that other writers covering the Patriots can post updates as well.

So when Christopher L. Gasper writes a thought-provoking piece as he did today -- looking at Nathan Vasher's recent contract extension and wondering what that means for Asante Samuel -- he can turn to the blog to add additional thoughts as he did above.

As a reader, you can tell which entries are written by the byline above the entry.

The way we see it, the more pieces the better.
Posted By: mreiss | Time: 12:45:21 PM
So Mike, what your telling me is I'm the only reader who looks at the "Posted By" note at the bottom? ;)

Nice to see Christopher joining your blog, the two of you have been making the Globe a must read for Patriots' news since you became the elder statesman of the Patriots' beat. Now the critical question, how well does Christopher measure up to a one-on-one with Kyle Brady?

Re: Reiss's Pieces is changing

I had already thought this was posted some time ago...old news...but you were the first..seems like Reiss is taking charge more on the Pats beat..GOOD NEWS!!

Re: Reiss's Pieces is changing

I had already thought this was posted some time ago...old news...but you were the first..seems like Reiss is taking charge more on the Pats beat..GOOD NEWS!!

Actually looks like it just started today, although I remember D. LeFort posting a few things when Reiss was on vacation last year.

Nice! And as Reiss mentioned, that article was a good one.

Last edited:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/06/more_pieces.htmlSo Mike, what your telling me is I'm the only reader who looks at the "Posted By" note at the bottom? ;)

Nice to see Christopher joining your blog, the two of you have been making the Globe a must read for Patriots' news since you became the elder statesman of the Patriots' beat. Now the critical question, how well does Christopher measure up to a one-on-one with Kyle Brady?

You're a mean, cruel human being and I love you dearly! :rofl:

Now the critical question, how well does Christopher measure up to a one-on-one with Kyle Brady?

Mike's small stature may be the reason for his bull dog like tenacity in digging up scoops. :)

Reiss is doing a pretty good job covering the Pats. It looks like the Globe has started to become readable again with the departure of Borges.

Speaking of readable, take a look at Breer's Knowing left from right. Simply superb. As the Pats head to training camp, loaded for another run, the scribes are polishing their own craft.

It looks to be a great season.

Speaking of readable, take a look at Breer's Knowing left from right. Simply superb. As the Pats head to training camp, loaded for another run, the scribes are polishing their own craft.

It looks to be a great season.
I occasionally wonder if the Sports Editor for MetroWest is the same guy who put the makee learnee on Reiss. Mike and Albert have both been good reads who focus on reporting and spend little to no time pontificating. Even in their blogs, they temper their opinions to maintain some relationship to the factual reports and give players and coaches the benefit of the doubt.

And a tip of the hat to Mike in jolly old England. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes