Go ahead,flame away.

@ SD
@ NE
@ Min
@ GB
@ Pit
Ind
Pit

Baltimore has a tough schedule, even if Chicago and Cincinnati continue to struggle. They do get the Chiefs, Broncos and Raiders, which might help offset some of the other games, But K.C. is the first game and Oakland is the last, so they won't be big 'rest' games.

Worthlessburger is the only QB who can totally crap the bed the whole game and then lead a field goal drive against the prevent D and then get totally slobbered over.

I don't know... Roethlisberger won a SB in his second year.
Roethlisberger's performance in Super Bowl XL is one of the worst in recent memory and arguably of all-time, winning or losing QB. Pittsburgh's defense won that, and I'm not convinced the Ravens' D could pull it off if Flacco stunk up the joint like Roethlisberger. Plus, and I don't want to bring the refs into it but, it was clear the Seahawks got bent over (i.e. Hasselback throws a pick, tackles the guy, and gets called for an illegal block).

That said, I don't expect Flacco to play as poor as Roethlisberger did, so predicting the Ravens to win it all isn't that outlandish, imo.

Big Surprise. I know everyone wants to give him the benifit of the doubt but would it have been a big stretch for him to pick us? He picked SD last year, and that was pre-Brady injury.He always picks on the lowside for us. He might not spew vitriol like Borges and Ryan, but I see smoke, and its coming from the same place every year. Just waiting for the flames.:mad:

Ravens seems like as good a pick as any, although I have not watched them at all this off season.

I suggest you grow some thicker skin. :rolleyes:

it's better for reiss not to be a homer and be objective. the ravens are a top 3 AFC team. in fact, i would put them ahead of pittsburgh.

@ SD
@ NE
@ Min
@ GB
@ Pit
Ind
Pit

Baltimore has a tough schedule, even if Chicago and Cincinnati continue to struggle. They do get the Chiefs, Broncos and Raiders, which might help offset some of the other games, But K.C. is the first game and Oakland is the last, so they won't be big 'rest' games.

a tough schedule has the benefit of preparing you for the playoffs if you can get through it.

Good analysis, 52decleetzu!! Also, if I remember correctly, Baltimore had the highest (or was at least in the top 5) number of players on IR. To make it to the conference championship shows how good their depth is.

it's better for reiss not to be a homer and be objective. the ravens are a top 3 AFC team. in fact, i would put them ahead of pittsburgh.

You can be objective and pick the Pats they are the superior team

Good analysis, 52decleetzu!! Also, if I remember correctly, Baltimore had the highest (or was at least in the top 5) number of players on IR. To make it to the conference championship shows how good their depth is.

17 players last year on IR by the end of the year if I remember correctly. Thats a lot. Most went on early in the year too.

Landry at SS is back,Gregg at DT is back and we now have 2 young healthy corners when last year we had 2 at the top of the depth chart who were on their last legs in Rolle and McCallister. In the AFC Championship game we were playing with our 5th corner starting on one side guys were going down so fast.

Also our RG Marshall Yanda misssed the year (this dude is nasty) and he is back healthy. Also get some role players back in Dwan Edwards (3-4 end) and Demetrius Williams as the #3 receiver who many think if he could stay healthy is a #1/2 type of guy. Can't forget about Oher on the right side at tackle who just outphysicalled anyone who was in front of him in the preseason. We had now retired Willie Anderson at RT last year but he needed help so we had to keep Heap in to block which is not his strong suit and limited our options downfield.

When you take all these things into consideration the Ravens are loaded, but we just have to keep guys healthy like every team.....thats what it comes down to a lot of the time.

The top of the AFC is just so stacked year after year, between the Pats, Colts, Ravens and Stealers it will be a dogfight down to the end and it will take a little luck and execution to bring another Lombardi home.

We match up well against the Stealers, not so much against the Pats and Colts who like to air it out and go 4/5 wide. I am hoping with the players we brought in to address the cornerback position that will change this year and we can defend that type of attack.

The Pats/ Ravens game is going to be HUGE, and if it is even half as entertaining as the last one it will be a great one.

Last edited:
As a Ravens fan I will try to address some of the "holes" that are being brought up. I will say that this is honestly the best Ravens roster that has been put on the field since the Super Bowl year....hands down. There are 2 main reasons for that, and that is the depth on defense and Joe Flacco.

OK this one will be easy. Not sold on Flacco? Take a look at his numbers down the stretch last year, not his numbers in the first part of the season out of D-II Delaware and being the starter for about 2 weeks. You will see in the last 11 games Flacco had one of the best QB ratings and his TD/INT was ridiculous. All he did was get better as the year went on, and all he did in this preseason (I know its just preseason) was light it up.Throws the deep ball better than anyone I have ever seen,and on the intermediate stuff just makes it look so easy with the way he throws the ball and the accuracy.The Ravens hardly ran the ball in the preseason just so Joe could throw it, and he delivered. All the stuff coming from close to the team is this guy is not going to be a good QB,but a great one.....this year. They say he is so far ahead of where he was at the beginning of last year, and is ready to take a huge jump. The players see it,the coaches see it and anyone who follows the team closely sees it. This kid is going to be special.

As to the running game. Did you miss 2008? And the fact we now have a guy in Ray Rice healthy to go with McGahee and McClain? I don't even need to say any more about this one....the running the LAST thing that will stop the Ravens. It is one of their strongest and deepest positions. Hell we had to cut a 6th rounder from this year we are so deep there, and the thing is we NEVER cut draft picks....ever.

Sophmore slumps in the NFL are a myth. If you want the numbers I can give them to you. The overwhelming majority of the time the QB makes a huge leap in every category going from his first full year to his second.

Thats what everyone said before last year, you saw what our defense looked like. Defense is aging? Like who? Ray? We have 10 other guys on the defense more than haplf are young guys.

Here are the starters and thieir ages....

CB-Washington 26 Foxworth 26
S- Reed 30 Landry 26
LB- Suggs 26 Johnson 28 Lewis 34 Gooden 24
Dline - Pryce 34 Ngata 25 Bannan 30

Now if that is an old defense I would sure love to hear what a young one looks like. The two positions that have th oldest players at ILB and safety have been known to be fairly kind to guys over 30. I mean, the Pats had a couple guys at those spots they...won Super Bowls with didnt they? 7 out of the 11 on defense are 28 and under,so lets get off the "old defense" argument. If I listed the backups they are ALL young guys around 25 years old except for 2 guys in Gregg and Ayanbedejo.

As to the "lost defensive coordinator". They said that with Marvin Lewis. And Mike Nolan. And now Rex Ryan. They said it when we went from 4-3 to 3-4 and vice versa. It does not matter, as long as 52,20,92 and 55 are on the field this defense will bring it. They always have and always will. Ray calls a lot of the defensive calls as it is, and they have said nothing about the defense will change scheme wise. Players play,and coaches coach....as the Ravens have proved over the last 9 years and various coordinators coming and going.

No wide receivers. Obviously we dont have a guy who is going to get 1400 yds 10 TD's and 100 receptions but you know what about 26 other teams are looking for that guy too.

What we do have is a guy in Mason who can still not be covered in the mid range passing game and is going to put up another 85/1000 plus year...again. Nothing flashy,nothing that will make Sportscenter but he will move the chains and keep drives going. Clayton is a solid number 2 and showed he can be a deep threat last year with a QB who can actually throw an accurate deep ball in Flacco. Demetrious Williams was hurt all last year but when healthy he is as good a number 3 as you are going to get. Big, tall, fast and rangey...just has to stay healthy. One other thing everyone forgets is how much better Flacco is right now compared to last year, he will make the receivers look better than they are..watch.

Anyway I know that is going to sound like your typical homer response to criticism trust me it is not. The Ravens will be a force barring major injuries of course and will put the best team on the field that I can ever remember.

The defense is deep, the offense will take a step ahead right along with Flacco and the Ravens will be able to play with anyone home or on the road and go deep into the postseason. How it turns out in the end is anyones guess but they will be there.

Go ahead,flame away.

Thanks for the analysis, and I don't think you'll get too many flames. I agree with pretty much everything you wrote, and I think that the Ravens are going to be a force this year. After watching the Steelers on Thursday night, I was completely unimpressed, and in my mind I think the Ravens might be the favorites to win the division, and might even be my SB pick. They're stacked, but people sleep on them because of the reputation that they developed under Billick, where their defense was always stacked but, for a decade or more, they never had a QB even close to as good as Flacco. Flacco's the real deal. I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone is totally sold on Matt Ryan but not sure about Flacco.

great. i'm much happier when folks pick against us, even Reiss. bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back