PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats to host Marty Booker on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Per Reiss: Pats to host Marty Booker

Muhammed can't catch the football.

Nothing wrong with bringing him here for a preliminary chit-chat. I would also hope that the FO has its WR radar tuned to the likes of DJ Hackett, Ernest Wilford, Justin Gage, and maybe some old friends, too.

Everything obviously depends upon Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney and Washington.

nice sarcasm.

Maybe this means they will draft a mammoth tackle with their first rounder

Sure, but your talking about paying him a big salary. different story, but that you just forgot that little detail huh smart guy.

Yeah, but why Booker? He's getting a little up there in years, right?

32 is ok for a two year deal or something. He still has size enough to be decent and be a weapon in the RZ.

Marty Booker is Grade D JUNK. I can't believe they're even bothering. This is pathetic.

Marty Booker is Grade D JUNK. I can't believe they're even bothering. This is pathetic.

I do think at this point, if we brought in someone under 32 or 33 as a FA, whoever that might be, you could knock me over with a feather if that happens.

I thought this was a good move, until I looked a little deeper in to Booker's stats. This is what concerned me: Booker started 15 games, caught 50 balls, yet his long reception of the season went for 26 yards. I have to wonder if he's got much left with that type of stat line.

I really feel like the Patriots badly need a receiver or tight end to make plays in the 15-20 yard range, especially in the middle of the field. This SHOULD BE Ben Watson, but for whatever reason, he didn't make many plays outside of the redzone this year. Welker is very good at the underneath stuff, but teams can stop our offense by letting Wes "get his" and paying a ton of attention to Moss. The reason it works is that the majority of Welkers receptions go for less than ten yards. When the Patriots could get bigger chunks of yardage from a receiver other than Moss, their passing game was unstoppable. It's tough to get Welker the ball 15-20 yards down the field, because he's a such a small target, and Moss is too lanky to consistently go over the middle at that distance, he would end up hurt. I am hoping Chad Jackson has the right combination of size and bulk to be the guy that can run the deeper in cuts.

I do think at this point, if we brought in someone under 32 or 33 as a FA, whoever that might be, you could knock me over with a feather if that happens.

i know we are bringing in older player we all want to get younger but the fact is we dont have a lot of money for young stars we did go 18 and 0 and if we played the g man 99 more times we would bet them all 99 so if we come back with just the same team even with out d stall and samuel i think we will be ok

So apparently the career path for your average AFC east player is to play 2 years for the dolphins, get tired of sucking, play a couple years for the Pats, decide you want more money, then get overpaid by the Jets and go back to sucking.

Sounds about right.

He makes little sense if Gaffney can be retained but with that likely to be dependent on no one overpaying him, I guess Booker is a possible replacement.

Am I missing something? The only guys they can bring in presently are people who were released. Are there young guys out there getting cut?

I thought this was a good move, until I looked a little deeper in to Booker's stats. This is what concerned me: Booker started 15 games, caught 50 balls, yet his long reception of the season went for 26 yards. I have to wonder if he's got much left with that type of stat line.

Keep in mind Booker played for the Dolphins. Any throw longer than 5 yards was an adventure.

Booker has always had pretty good games against the Pats. He had a few 100 yard games, and played well the last couple times Miami beat the Pats. Belichick seems to like those guys that do well against his team, as both Morris and Welker did with Miami.

The more you think about it, its a way to cut costs, maybee to resign assante.. 8 mill to Donte could be split up for moss and Samual, while Booker comes cheap.. Still if we are not keeping stallworth, keep gafney...

I saw someone mention DJ Hackett. That guy is pretty awesome. He's a game changer. And since Meion is sucking up all of the Seahawks WR money, I doubt Seattle will be able to keep him.

I like the potential of a Booker signing.

Booker is a former probowler. While he isn't a huge deep threat, he would be a good number 3-4 WR.

Berrian

Stat Receiving Rushing Fumbles
SPLIT REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2007 71 951 13.4 59 5 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 1
Career 150 2197 14.6 62 13 12 64 5.3 37 0 3 2

I'm still waiting to see what advantages these hypotheticals have over Kelley Washington at WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes