Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reiss: Pats sit down with Cromartie

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by BradyToMoss, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is the kid I want. I'm really hoping they like him over Talib and Jenkins. The great thing is that they can trade down to the Bears at #14 and still get this star corner in the making Rogers-Cromartie. He's a big corner which we so desperatly need to take on the Plaxico's of the world. I hope the Pats like him as much as I do and I hoped they watched the Senior Bowl because he was too good in that game.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
  2. WTE

WTE Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Reiss, Pats sit down with Cromartie

"Draw a defense up for me."

That's beautiful. Much better than "If you were a tree what type of tree would you be."

3. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

that would be a lot of fun if they picked this kid.

4. PatsFanJess

PatsFanJess Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

lol...yes. much better.:)

5. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Vernon Gholston would be better.

6. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gholston won't get past the Jets and Asante is long gone, we need a lockdown corner and Cromartie is a future Pro Bowler. If you didn't happen to see the Senior Bowl, ask anyone how dominant this kid was and he's 6'2", we need tall, big playmaker on the corner plus he's a fantastic return man. He's Antoinio Cromartie's cousin, need any more be said. I'm really fired up about the Pats showing interest in him.

7. jbb9s

jbb9s In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You don't think Hobbs could single cover a 6'6" receiver on a goaline route?

8. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Canada's #1 Pats Fan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Do you take him at #7 or do you trade down and take him? If you trade down you have to have a trading partner and I think that is going to be harder than a lot of people around here think.

9. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

One thing about the Patriots as we've seen with guys like Logan Mankins who Mel Kiper called an absolute reach, the Pats will take the guy where they want to take him. If they like Cromartie at 7, they've shown they'll pull the trigger without feeling like they need to trade down simply because other people might have him in the 14-20 window.

If Matt Ryan finds a way to make it to 7, watch that phone light up.

After watching Darren McFadden light up the combine with his electric 4.27 - 40, I can see the Falcons jumping all over him at #3 and then hoping to land Flacco or Woodson with their 2cond pick, that might cause the Matt Ryan slide right down to us at 7.

10. jbb9s

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Why? Do you think the Patriots would actually draft Ryan and put Brady on the trading block.....

:)

11. cornhuskers_2002

cornhuskers_2002 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's not like he's Antonio Cromartie

12. onegr8om

onegr8om Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

IF he's good enough, of course you take him. Who cares what "experts" project him to be. People said Patrick Willis wasn't good enough to be a top 10 pick last year and he proved them wrong by being Defensive Rookie of the Year. Not many people had even heard of Logan Mankins when we took him in the first round, "experts" questioned it, now he's an All Pro Guard. Personally, i don't know enough about him, but if the Pats take him at 7 i trust they're right.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  13. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactly he's going to be atleast as good and more than likely a tad better than #31.

14. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, I'm glad that you have a strong interest in him. In fact, I'm glad that I don't hear the same names over and over again like the Bobby Carpenter bandwagon in '06. And you may be right that this guy is a top flight cornerback. That's why it's always fun to play "scout" and see if your guy turns out to be the real deal. I really like Gholston right now. I know we shouldn't read to much into the combine, but if he runs in the 4.5's and has great shuttle times, he will be the guy I want the Pats to take. My reasoning is, what's the point of having good cornerbacks on your team if you can't get consistant pressure on the QB? Your asking your defensive backs to do too much, especially for a rookie.

15. RobAllan

RobAllan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +196 / 12 / -10

#12 Jersey

Yeah I don't think the Pats would look at him regardless of where he falls in the 1st round. Why would you even suggest that?

16. Mr.Muhozi

Mr.Muhozi Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

thats the funnies thing i've read all day

17. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm glad you have an interest in Gholston, I do too, I just don't think he's getting past the Jets at #6, so if that's the case, the focus has to turn to a lockdown corner to replace Sante with the same production at 1/20th of the price and that guy in my eyes would be Rodgers-Cromartie. Again if you didn't see the Senior Bowl, please ask someone who did watch it or read about the results. Aside from Sedrick Ellis no other guy was as dominate as Cromartie. He would have made more plays, but they rotated the corners and the North never looked in his direction after attempting two passes (1 he made a tremendous vertical pick on just like his cousin Antonio and the other, he had given the WR a 10-yard cushion and still had the ability and speed to close like lightning and break it up) the other was WR screen which he blew up.

The thing is that because of McFadden's all-world 40 (4.27), I don't think he'll get past the Falcons, this would trigger a Matt Ryan slide to us at #7. Then we could deal with any team (Chicago, Carolina etc), deal the rights to Ryan take Cromartie with their #1 pick and pick up an extra #2 or #3.

18. jbb9s

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

are you new to the internet? do you not know the implied meaning of a ":)"

19. Horace's Ivories

Horace's Ivories PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 2 / -0

#24 Jersey

Seriously, anyone who looks, smells and is too boot related to Antonio Cromartie should be a definate consideration.

20. GPR11788

GPR11788 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think we should take a corner in the first round, since it doesn't look like they are going to sign Asante. But Espn is reporting that Zach Thomas is going to Dallas, the linebackers are aging and it is a serious issue. I don't see any great linebackers that they can take in the first round. I think they will trade down and take a corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.