PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats sign 2 LBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Patriots have signed two veteran linebackers today -- Barry Gardner (6-1, 245) and Jeremy Loyd (6-2, 235). Gardner is an eight-year veteran who most recently played for the Jets. Loyd, a three-year veteran, most recently spent time with the Rams.

_____

Never heard of them... but I'm sure they're the next Roman Phifer and Bryan Cox. :D

Oops... Price beat me by seconds. Bastid. :D

Two words come to mind...

Willie who?

:D

huskeralk said:
Two words come to mind...

Willie who?

:D

Something tells me Barry Gardner and Jeremy Lloyd aren't going to make us forget about Willie any time soon. Maybe Don Davis, and even that's a stretch.

primetime said:
Something tells me Barry Gardner and Jeremy Lloyd aren't going to make us forget about Willie any time soon. Maybe Don Davis, and even that's a stretch.

I'm rooting for Mincey to be the one. :D

primetime said:
Agreed, these two seem to be this years version of Wesley Mallard, Grant Steen, etc. Camp fodder/special teams hopefuls at best.

oldrover said:
The Patriots have signed two veteran linebackers today -- Barry Gardner (6-1, 245) and Jeremy Loyd (6-2, 235). Gardner is an eight-year veteran who most recently played for the Jets. Loyd, a three-year veteran, most recently spent time with the Rams.

_____

Never heard of them... but I'm sure they're the next Roman Phifer and Bryan Cox. :D

I KNEW we were going to sign these two and said so at length before the draft. Unfortunately, the gremlins broke into Ian's account and deleted the posts in question. :D

Gardner and Lloyd. Ok, who???????????

primetime said:

Must you always see the glass as half empty? GOSH!! ;)

primetime said:

How dare you inject common sense, people are waving pom poms here! #55 was an an easily replaceable part..I'm suuuuure one of these ham & eggers will be the beast Wille was last season.:rolleyes:

Brick said:
How dare you inject common sense, people are waving pom poms here! #55 was an an easily replaceable part..I'm suuuuure one of these ham & eggers will be the beast Wille was last season.:rolleyes:

Someone's sarcasm meter seems to be on the fritz.

Let me get this straight. Mincey is a lock. Roach is a lock. Claridge may start. And an eight year veteran, and a three veteran, have no chance to make the roster.

With respect guys, Gardner has more chance to make the roster than Roach.

Yes, Gardner may be this year's Mallard, who as I recall played a few games for us. Or he may be beat out by Mincy, Roach and Claridge with exactly zero experience among them all. There is a limit to the number of developmental players we can carry.

For me, the linebacker situation is relatively simple. We have a solid four. All the rest are fighting for spots and reps. It would not be a shocker if any of the rest were gone, except that Banta-Cain seems likely to stay given the competition, not because he has developed much.

mgteich said:
Let me get this straight. Mincey is a lock. Roach is a lock. Claridge may start. And an eight year veteran, and a three veteran, have no chance to make the roster.

With respect guys, Gardner has more chance to make the roster than Roach.

Yes, Gardner may be this year's Mallard, who as I recall played a few games for us. Or he may be beat out by Mincy, Roach and Claridge with exactly zero experience among them all. There is a limit to the number of developmental players we can carry.

For me, the linebacker situation is relatively simple. We have a solid four. All the rest are fighting for spots and reps. It would not be a shocker if any of the rest were gone, except that Banta-Cain seems likely to stay given the competition, not because he has developed much.

I think Banta-Cain has developed buy could beat out McGinest and Colvin/Vrabel for playing time. The few times they have put him in, he looked good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back