PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats re-sign TBC to 3-year deal @ $4.5M/year with escalators, $6M SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss: Pats re-sign TBC to 3-year deal

He is not worth that money. He was good for us, but he is not worth that type of money. Take into account half of those sacks were vs the Bills who had one of the worst o-lines in the league.

The problem isn't so much the money, which is on the high end for a guy who is basically a notch above a JAG. We know what we have with TBC, a situational guy who can sometimes perform at a high level, depending on the competition. The problem is it merely maintains the status quo.

Did we win the superbowl? NO and that clearly must mean that every single player on the team needs to be replaced because none of them could get it done!

That defense was weak and you know it unless you were under a rock, considering how much you post here I doubt that to be the case.

Stop being such a goof

i appreciated a lot what TBC has done last season but i'm a little bit surprised about this new deal

in any case we still need help at OLB position

Perform like a 10 sack guy against Indy and I'll be happy with this signing. I dont care how many sacks you get against Buffalo or the Jets, those dont count:)

Exactly....Padding your stats vs the worst OL in NFL does not qualify him as a pass rushing deamon. By the way this is the same TBC we waived few years ago and then was waived by 49er's.

If this this teams' plan, since we have no WR or TE or RB, an OL that can't run block for the life of them, then get ready for a 9-7 season.

At this rate Brady might as well call it quits in 2 yrs

Exactly....Padding your stats vs the worst OL in NFL does not qualify him as a pass rushing deamon. By the way this is the same TBC we waived few years ago and then was waived by 49er's.

If this this teams' plan, since we have no WR or TE or RB, an OL that can't run block for the life of them, then get ready for a 9-7 season.

At this rate Brady might as well call it quits in 2 yrs

Today is March 6th. There are roughly 7 months till the start of the 2010 NFL season. More FA signings. More potential trades. NFL Draft. OTAs, TC, Cut-downs, More trades. Plenty of time to team-build and fortify the roster with good players who can contribute immediately.

Correction: TBC was never in the true sense "waived" by the Pats because of performance. The team made a decision not to resign him after the 06 season b/c the had a number of quality OLBs already.

TBC is a valuable, complimentary player when used properly can be very productive. His career here has proven that. I'd bet my house that BB does not envison TBC as THE centerpiece of the defense.

Last edited:
TBC did have half of his sacks against Buffalo but Jared Allen also had 7.5 of his 14.5 sacks in his 2 games against Green Bay. I haven't heard too many people say that his sack numbers are misleading.

That defense was weak and you know it unless you were under a rock, considering how much you post here I doubt that to be the case.

Stop being such a goof

The defense was inconsistent mainly due to inexperience. Inexperience is a year older and TBC is not the reason why the defense wasn't great. Matter of fact TBC is going to be a starting OLB on a good defense next season... imagine that!

Last edited:
Re: Reiss: Pats re-sign TBC to 3-year deal

Step 2 in the right direction. Up next.... Bodden CB! ***crosses fingers***

Matter of fact TBC is going to be a starting OLB on a good defense next season... imagine that!

If TBC is the starting OLB, then the defense will not be good enough; not by a damn sight.

If the "braintrust" in Foxborough (or what's left of it; don't be surprised to see a Patrick Sullivan role for Jon Kraft in the future) thinks that TBC is worth up to $15M/3 years, then how much do you suppose an OLB who is actually worth that amount will now demand to come here?

Bill has just unnecessarily cost his boss a lot of money. But over-paying for mediocrity has its price; just ask Peter Chiarelli of the Bruins.

The defense was inconsistent mainly due to inexperience. Inexperience is a year older and TBC is not the reason why the defense wasn't great. Matter of fact TBC is going to be a starting OLB on a good defense next season... imagine that!

I don't get all the hate for the guy. People need to look at the stats and not the "name". If he gets 10+ sacks again next year, he'll be a name alot of NFL fans know.

He could be Vrabel signing 2.0, even though we released him early in his career. Maybe he worked and improved.

I don't get all the hate for the guy. People need to look at the stats and not the "name". If he gets 10+ sacks again next year, he'll be a name alot of NFL fans know.

He could be Vrabel signing 2.0, even though we released him early in his career. Maybe he worked and improved.

We did not release him he became a free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back