PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats RB Sammy Morris out for Sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faulk vs Gary Brackett is a great matchup. I look forward to that.

Watson is a very good TE and I think a little underated. He is capable, not a star but not a slouch. Don't know much about Baker.

Also on the competition for longest touchdown, doesn't Aiken only have 1? I think Dallas beats both of them with his 80 yarder ;)

That 80 yarder - was that the touchdown pass that beat the Dolphins? I have never seen a team get dominated so much and end up winning the game. IIRC the time of possession was something in the area of 45 minutes to 15 minutes. But kudos to the Colts they pulled it out in the end.

With Watson, if he's wide open and the ball is thrown right to him he'll drop the pass. If he as to make a circus-acrobatic catch he's guaranteed to make the catch.

Brady should get favorable matchups WR & Faulk is key can be a difference maker. Maroney should hold his own. I see no reason why Pats can't be successful all phases of offense.

How was Mayo brought back "too early"?

I would like to respectfully add that I think that there is a natural tendency for players to come back too early. The players (esp. the BB players) are going to say "Sure coach; I am ready go" when they are not and the coaches of course want player bad as soon as possible

It might be possible Tate brought back too early but I do not know the details of his injury. Fred Taylor was put in a game when hurt and was knocked out for awhile (oh please please come back--we really need you) It seems to like a lot of players are. I suspect that we will hear after the season that Mayo had a lingering knee problem but maybe he will never admit it.

I would like to respectfully add that I think that there is a natural tendency for players to come back too early. The players (esp. the BB players) are going to say "Sure coach; I am ready go" when they are not and the coaches of course want player bad as soon as possible

It might be possible Tate brought back too early but I do not know the details of his injury. Fred Taylor was put in a game when hurt and was knocked out for awhile (oh please please come back--we really need you) It seems to like a lot of players are. I suspect that we will hear after the season that Mayo had a lingering knee problem but maybe he will never admit it.
You're right Fred. It happens all around the world in sporting codes. The pressure on teams to win and perform is that high, coupled with the player's on want to get out on the park ahead of schedule leads to this mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back