PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats pick from Saints in David Thomas trade upgraded to 6th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how it went, I also expect this to be twisted and traded into a 2nd rounder through Bill's Magic Drafting Powers. ;)

At the rate things are going, you have to wonder if somehow, in some draft, BB will convince someone to give up draft picks when he trades up. :D

I still like this line from Tim Graham's article on BB's wheeling and dealing:

Even without those picks, the Patriots dominated the draft order. They went into Friday with a league-high three second-round selections. They made three, but only one in the spot they owned when the night began. They spun them into more assets and along the way probably duped the Jacksonville Jaguars into footing the tab for the draft room catering.

:singing:

With so few signings in FA this year (and small money at that), I wonder if J. Green and Watson get us a pair of 4ths or 5ths compensatory picks.

I don't think it works that way.

2011 6 > 2011 7, but Dave Thomas > 2011 6.

I don't get the David Thomas love, I wanted this guy cut after he single handedly cost us the Colts game.

This guy was average at best for the Saints last year btw.

Inevitably, this pick will be a second rounder...

but it started by being a 2006 3rd rounder, so the return on investment is horrible.........drafting owen daniels instead would have been the only right move although daniels likely would have suffered the same fate

thomas is yet another instance of the coaches failing the player

but it started by being a 2006 3rd rounder, so the return on investment is horrible.........drafting owen daniels instead would have been the only right move although daniels likely would have suffered the same fate

thomas is yet another instance of the coaches failing the player

Was gonna mention that it's a little early to be drinking..but then i realized who wrote it.

Why is Thomas's failure a reflection on coaching?....He was hurt half the time.. and having paid particular attention to the kid at home games when he was on the field, Thomas did little to distinguish himself (except for his infamous stupid penalty against the Colts). People are making him out to be this wasted talent, but it remains to be seen if he has a decent career.

The real reason that I keep coming back here is so you guys can do the heavy thinking for me. Trying to figure out the salary cap and compensatory picks stuff make my noggin hurt.

Was gonna mention that it's a little early to be drinking..but then i realized who wrote it.

Why is Thomas's failure a reflection on coaching?....He was hurt half the time.. and having paid particular attention to the kid at home games when he was on the field, Thomas did little to distinguish himself (except for his infamous stupid penalty against the Colts). People are making him out to be this wasted talent, but it remains to be seen if he has a decent career.

Anyone: "Man, it's a beautiful day today. 64 degrees, barely a cloud in the sky, nice breeze...I'm going golfing."

Tanked: "Please. It was four degrees warmer and cloudless on this same date three years ago, and there was a lower pollen count. The only right call would have been to go golfing then."

Is that when the birds chew cud? :p

It's like that old saying: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him fish". :rolleyes:

2011 6 > 2011 7, but Dave Thomas > 2011 6.

You are correct, sir.

That trade should nevah, evah have been made. He makes one stupid penalty against the Dolts, and Bill settles for pennies on the dollar for him. Meanwhile, the group of Watson, Baker, Michael Matthews & Alex Smith (for whom Bill spent a 5TH?!?-rounder) provided the expected: diddly-poo.

Heh, and that becoming a 2013 third round pick, if the world doesn't end in 2012.

I believe you are onto something, although I believe it will then be a 2015 2nd, 4th, and 7th, which will be parlayed into a 2027 1st Round pick, and Bill Belichick Jr. drafts, out of Colorado St., Tight End ........ , oh wait, I am mistaken.......WE HAVE A TRADE. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes