Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reiss: Pats got the feeling Schobel doesn't want to play in NE

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -1

From Reiss' quick hits:

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Personally, never thought it was a realistic possibility. I think he will end up playing with the Texans this season. At least this can end speculation.
  2. basement zombie

basement zombie Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think I heard WEEI hosts state that one of the reasons Schoebel wanted out of Buffalo was because he was unhappy with The Bills decision to undergo a defensive scheme change to the 3-4.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

The answer could be right in your post. If he doesnt think they have a real shot at knocking off the Colts. I'll go with the crowd though and expect that he does go with the Texans but just throwing out a reason.
  4. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

I recall hearing that as well. It certainly then does not make sense for him to join the Pats.

I don't know about Houston though. Don't see them as a contender, with or without Schobel, especially now that Ben Tate is out the year. Plus, I think Houston is set with Connor Barwin at DE, who was a nice situational player for them.

If I were Schobel, I'd think hard about Tennessee, who lost some serious pass rush last year, or Atlanta, who needs a bookend to Abraham.
  5. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

UI thought I read somewhere that Houston might not have the $$$$$ for him, unless he lowers his money requirements....

Never thought Pats were in running either....

Lets see if Cunningham develops
  6. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +133 / 10 / -8

The Colts have been blessed to pretty much have a cream-puff divsion. But Houston is maturing, Tenessee is stabilizing, and even the Jaguars are not a complete joke.

And yes the Colts are wearing down. Their bubble gum and bailing wire Offensive line is wearing out. And the Defense was always one dimensional, based of playing with 3 TD leads created by the Manning O, helpess otherwise.
  7. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't be thrilled playing in Houston. While I think they have a ton of potential this year that field is terrible....(cue Welker injury flashback)
  8. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

My understanding is he is from Houston and he wants to go home. Not unlike Foote going to the Lions.
  9. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

My point wasnt to argue whether it was true just that it could be a reason why Schobel would chose another team over Houston and I dont mean us and I am not even saying that is the case the OP asked why I gave a reason.

As to your hopes of a Colts demise I hope so but I would plan on facing them in the playoffs if you want to go to a SB.
  10. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's a shame that Schoebel feels that way but it's believable. The Pats need for a pass rusher is great and Schobel is on the market. If it's not going to happen, then you have to believe it's because one of the two sides truly isn't interested.
  11. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Sounds like thats his first choice but its in his agents best interest to have other teams think they have a chance to drive up the price, a game the Pats dont want to play.
  12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Precisely. The delay in signing with home team Houston is over finding a way to max out the $ which no matter will be less than he woulda gotten in Buffalo.

Not only are his kids there but were he to play there a couple years he'd have a good shot at a post game local home area career, say like Freddie Smerlas or Steve DeOssie here. NFW would he have come to NE.
  13. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 5 / -2

14. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Without a salary cap, I'm not sure that it would. Overpaying would set the market price higher than need be for a pass rusher and would not limit the flexibility of a team like the Texans if they got Schoebel.

Then again, the Pats seems to be operating as if they have a cap....
  15. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And with no Superbowls since 2004, and zero playoff wins the last two seasons, apparently there are no free agents lining up to play for the Pats anymore.
  16. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +96 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

I was definitely hoping for him, but if he's not interested, then that's that. Not much more the Pats can do on that front.
  17. MossWelkowski

MossWelkowski Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 7 / -5

#24 Jersey

Holt placed on IR!
  18. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -0

I would be. I'm 53, haven't played organized football since high school, and need a couple of minor surgeries so I could go on the IR and keep my consulting business going while drawing the NFL minimum.
  19. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

lets see he wants 7 million per year and he dose not want to play in a 3-4 i guess that leves the pats out if they were really looking at him in the first place
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

GOOD.........

He wasn't wanted in Buff, so that means he's effing toast as a player, or has too unrealistic visions of what he is worth. Both would indicate he wouldn't fit here. See ya, hardly knew ya.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.