PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats extend LeVoir through 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fully sure on the Capmath, but it looks like cutting Smith, Yates, Jones, Ninkovich, and Britt would free up about $1.3M. Either somebody more expensive needs to be sent on their way (e.g., Bruschi or Green if Burgess/TBC and Pryor/Wright/), if we want to secure Wilfork now, or somebody's deal needs to be restructured (Brady, I'd guess). Anybody got other notions for how to come up with the money?

Db, what number were you using as a cap number for an extended Wilfork? I believe Reiss threw out $8M or $9M as the numbers needed to get a deal done.

Pencil - The CBA is very limiting in how much of an increase Wilfork can get, salary wise. I believe that Wilfork can be signed for an amount that averages between 6.8 and 8.5 million. But, the first year will be mainly SB with a small salary and then increases over the subsequent years accordingly so that it averages out. I also know that there are roster bonus and other incentives that can increase a player's salary.

When I said they needed to free up at least another 2 million, that was figuring that Wilfork's cap hit for this year would go up to at least $4 million (an increase of 1.8 million). There are all sorts of accounting moves they can do to accommodate that increase.

That being said, they could need more than 2 million..

Also, that is 2 million more in cap space after the 53 are signed and after the practice squad players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back