PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Only Tate, Taylor and Green not present at start of session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Tate is kind of my mid-season binky.

Ditto, but I can't help but feel this situation has IR written all over it .... esp. if guys keeping getting dinged and they need the roster spot ...

Ditto, but I can't help but feel this situation has IR written all over it .... esp. if guys keeping getting dinged and they need the roster spot ...

Reports out of practice are that the Pats are REALLY liking Stanback and he's been playing some receiver, even though the bait to get him here was to have him play QB.

As much as I want the Patriots to hammer Indy, the more important game is next week against the Jets. I'd rather any player still on the line be given the extra week's rest.
Hey, we beat the Colts and we have a fair shot at the #1 seed (if we lose we have almost no chance). On the other hand if we beat the Jets next week, the Division is all but ours. However, we lose to the Jets and, with the Jets having swept the season series, the division is very much in doubt. With the division in doubt, realistically the playoffs are in doubt.

I dunno. I don't want to see Light at RT when we have a very good back-up swing tackle. Let him recover all the way and compete for PT with Vollmer.

What I mean by eligible receiver is he'd be in there at the same time as Vollmer and Kaczur and just double-team whoever is giving us the most trouble.

Reiss is thinking that too.

That is one EPIC list of questionables.

Patriots injury report - Extra Points - Boston.com

OUT
DE Jarvis Green, knee
WR Brandon Tate, knee
RB Fred Taylor, ankle

DOUBTFUL
LT Matt Light, knee

QUESTIONABLE
S Brandon Meriweather, foot
LB Eric Alexander, shoulder
TE Chris Baker, shoulder
LB Tully Banta-Cain, groin
WR Julian Edelman, forearm
NT Ron Brace, ankle
C Dan Koppen, knee
RB Sammy Morris, knee
S James Sanders, groin
DE Ty Warren, ankle

Hopefully Edelman can get back out on the field soon.

EDELMAN QUESTIONABLE?!?!?! I like his chances...if not this week, then definitely next week...we need him back ASAP...

Sucks that we get played, too.

Wasn't Tate seen on the exercise bike after he sustained his knee injury?

Sucks that we get played, too.

You know, if my guy was as evasive and noncommittal about things as BB, he'd be long gone. But I just keep grinning and bearing it with BB. What's up with THAT? :help: :D

Last edited:
Wasn't Tate seen on the exercise bike after he sustained his knee injury?

Yes, and he stood on teh sidelines for the remainder of the game. Walked off without a limp, but obviously something is wrong.

Yes, and he stood on teh sidelines for the remainder of the game. Walked off without a limp, but obviously something is wrong.

He will not play this Sunday.

Reiss is thinking that too.

Just doesn't make sense to rush him back, and it makes even less sense to hold a roster spot open for a rookie who has played like 15 snaps and then got hurt after being activated off the PUP midseason. Shelf him and hope it ends better than the Pats usual IR'd rookie prospects ....

One game at a time, but this is GREAT news for the game with the jets.

Reports out of practice are that the Pats are REALLY liking Stanback and he's been playing some receiver, even though the bait to get him here was to have him play QB.

I sat right behind the Pats bench at the ATL game and wondered who the heck the guy was in civvies. Built like Randy Moss. What interested me then and I've noticed more of the same on TV since is that he is the most enthusiastic cheerleader along the sidelines that I've seen. TOTALLY into the game. Also loves listening in to every BB/Brady confab, as he should be as a developmental QB.

As much as I want the Patriots to hammer Indy, the more important game is next week against the Jets. I'd rather any player still on the line be given the extra week's rest.
Hey, we beat the Colts and we have a fair shot at the #1 seed (if we lose we have almost no chance). On the other hand if we beat the Jets next week, the Division is all but ours. However, we lose to the Jets and, with the Jets having swept the season series, the division is very much in doubt. With the division in doubt, realistically the playoffs are in doubt.

We need this game if we even want to be considered for the #1 seed. I'd like to see all available players out there. for this win. I'll worry about the Jest next week.

On a lighter note............. Yay, my binky Edelman appears to be ready to play. :woohoo:

Straggler does make a good point.

What kept us out of the playoffs last year CANNOT be what keeps us out this year. Otherwise, I'll (and the rest of Patriots Nation, I'd imagine) go freakin' nuts.

Or:

That is one EPIC mind game. ;)
signs-yeah-that.gif

If it makes me crazy, imagine how Caldwell feels. Or Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes