PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Only Tate, Taylor and Green not present at start of session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I hope Tate is going to be ok, and Green should be back next week, but this is BRILLIANT news.

Were we just resting all the nicks in bruises?

Notable Returns: Light, Koppen, Morris, Edelman and Meriweather.

Mike Reiss (MikeReiss) on Twitter

Last edited:
Wow. I'm surprised about all except Meriweather (who I expected back). Excellent, excellent stuff.

I had a feeling Edelman was real close, but with all the practice he's missed, I don't know about him being active...

it seems we really intend on spanking the Colts..No prisoners shall be taken.

I had a feeling Edelman was real close, but with all the practice he's missed, I don't know about him being active...
I'm not confident about any of them being active other than Meriweather. He'll play, the others we'll have to see. I would think Koppen would be next most likely, other than them I expect the rest to be out and this to be the first big step in a soon to be return.

Having edelman back would really be helpful. Another target for Brady who showed some skill before getting injured.

it seems we really intend on spanking the Colts..No prisoners shall be taken.

My guess is that Edelman's break was more like a hairline fracture...Good news nonetheless

The thing I want to know is if this is a light-duty walk-through or a full-pads practice.

Its Friday chances are its a light walkthrough. Most Fridays are, but good news none the less. :D

Its Friday chances are its a light walkthrough. Most Fridays are, but good news none the less. :D

Just heard back from Mike Reiss:

Not walkthrough, but not full pads. Friday is usually clean-up, special teams type work, more situations, but at a fast pace.

So they must be wearing shells and running real plays. Very good sign for the team.

Good news. Looks like Wheatley on KO returns.

The thing I want to know is if this is a light-duty walk-through or a full-pads practice.

With all the dings and bang-ups, I'd place my bets on this being a walkthrough/helmets.

I think a lot of the focus on this week is going to be technical. A lot of review on coverage adjustments up to the snap.

Last week, based on what I saw in the Miami game and on that "BB breakdown" videos, we bluffed a few blitz and overloads and that worked against a green Henne.

But Manning is too crafty.. whatever we come up with has to have impeccable timing for it to fool him.

Another thing about all the resting could be that this game isn't going to be about trickery, but simply about beating your man. Especially for D, that means man on man. If Meri needed to rest, so be it.

With all the dings and bang-ups, I'd place my bets on this being a walkthrough/helmets.

I think a lot of the focus on this week is going to be technical. A lot of review on coverage adjustments up to the snap.

Last week, based on what I saw in the Miami game and on that "BB breakdown" videos, we bluffed a few blitz and overloads and that worked against a green Henne.

But Manning is too crafty.. whatever we come up with has to have impeccable timing for it to fool him.

*cough* Meriweather safety blitz against Seattle *cough*

Hell yeah, great news glad to see almost everyone back on the field!

Edelman @ practice:

Check out Julian Edelman back at practice, pad on his previou... on Twitpic

42606796-c966ed7659c098de635a32cfaa045341.4afd99f1-full.jpg

Other than Meriweather who we REALLY need this week,I say rest those other guys up so they are ready next week in time to get even with fatass Ryan and co.

Last edited:
Other than Meriweather who we REALLY need this week,I say rest those other guys up so they are ready next week in time to get even with fatass Ryan and co.

I'd like to see Morris back in the game this week, personally.

It is usually the standard that if you are going to play on Sunday, you have to practice on Friday... so there will be more choices for the Indy game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back