PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss on the anti-patriot vitriol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another reason to be thankful for this forum.

that attitude is pervasive on this forum. I don't see it in the local media nearly as much as with posters here who want to blow up the team.

if you took 100 people from outside New England and had them read the Globe and Herald and listen to local airwaves, I guarantee almost none of them would think that the local media 'HATES' the Pats.

I know that I'm not 100 people, but I am one that lives outside New England (I live in Pittsburgh). If you compare the Pittsburgh coverage of thier teams to the Boston coverage of thiers, it's a down right love fest here compared to what you get in Boston. No they don't worship every move that every team makes, but they also don't attempt to tear them down at every turn (as Tomase did).

Someone keep track of how many "out of towners" disagree with makewayhomer.

...bunch of stuff not worth reading deleted.....

We Forced the MOST POWERFUL MAN on the face of the Earth to resign the PRESIDENCY of the United States for no Less an offense.

...bunch of stuff not worth reading deleted.....

Are you seriously attempting to compare Watergate, where all kinds of laws were broken, to Taping coaches signals from the sidelines, where a minor camera placement rule (not law) was broken? Really?

that attitude is pervasive on this forum. I don't see it in the local media nearly as much as with posters here who want to blow up the team.

if you took 100 people from outside New England and had them read the Globe and Herald and listen to local airwaves, I guarantee almost none of them would think that the local media 'HATES' the Pats.

I live in Atlanta, and even during the whole Michael Vick dogfighting case, the local press was at the worst, objective. They also range from objective to positive towards our other sports teams, especially the Braves. I can't imagine anyone at Atlanta Journal Constitution doing what Tomase did two days before the Superbowl.

I think the national media has more of a love-fest for the pats. They were constantly praising them all year. NFL live, Mike and Mike, Fox, CBS, you name it they praised.

Are you guys Kidding ME? You can't truly be so blind as to not see where this is headed..

You think that the possibility of Illegally videotaping and tapping the "phones" so to speak of the opposition would be a lesser story if it occurred in say.. JACKSONVILLE?

Hilarious.. Ok guys.. wake up. We Forced the MOST POWERFUL MAN on the face of the Earth to resign the PRESIDENCY of the United States for no Less an offense.

Man if this is your attitude towards how this is going to shake out.. I'm sorry but you may be very very shocked if this goes badly.

Actual League precedent exists where a franchise has been kicked out of the league.. permanently kicked out for no less an offense.

I'm just trying to help you guys come in from the cold .. and it's not personal and it's not jealousy.. it really all depends on what really went on... and there will be NO secrets once it all comes out... so if the franchise hasn't done anything wrong... then that will ALSO come out in the process.

that may be the most appropriate name I've ever seen.....wait.......this post is satire, isn't it?
almost had me there.

I think the national media has more of a love-fest for the pats. They were constantly praising them all year. NFL live, Mike and Mike, Fox, CBS, you name it they praised.

Really? You must not have been watching ESPN on Superbowl weekend. I have never seen a worse lack of objectivity (Sean Salisbury excluded)

Last edited:

As well they should have been praised, Dog. What team that went 17-0 and had a chance to go 18-0 hasn't been praised? Oh, wait....that was the first time that happened since television was invented! :D

Last edited:
I know that I'm not 100 people, but I am one that lives outside New England (I live in Pittsburgh). If you compare the Pittsburgh coverage of thier teams to the Boston coverage of thiers, it's a down right love fest here compared to what you get in Boston. No they don't worship every move that every team makes, but they also don't attempt to tear them down at every turn (as Tomase did).

Tomase is 1 guy who did 1 thing. there are many, many other media members here who have done nothing of the sort.

what is silly is the notion that most media people here HATE the Pats. people on this board just take every little single negative thing said about the Pats and assume the person that said it is a hater, no matter how many good things they have said in the past. "Oh, did Bob Ryan say 1 mean thing about 1 player? HATER!!!"

a good example is Peter King - a couple months ago there was a thread which was all over him for something he said. This, despite the fact that his columns are usually overflowing with praise for the Pats and for Brady. I for one want no part of journalists that never ever say anything bad about an organization.

Last edited:
Huh?

What?

Tomase "is one guy who did one thing"? Uhhhh Dude, he threw the team under the bus 48 hours before the SB with a bogus story!

"Uhhh except for my 40 lb cancerous tumor, I'm completely healthy!"

I give you credit. You certainly have no fear when it comes to looking like a moron.

Are you guys Kidding ME? You can't truly be so blind as to not see where this is headed..

You think that the possibility of Illegally videotaping and tapping the "phones" so to speak of the opposition would be a lesser story if it occurred in say.. JACKSONVILLE?

Hilarious.. Ok guys.. wake up. We Forced the MOST POWERFUL MAN on the face of the Earth to resign the PRESIDENCY of the United States for no Less an offense.

Man if this is your attitude towards how this is going to shake out.. I'm sorry but you may be very very shocked if this goes badly.

Actual League precedent exists where a franchise has been kicked out of the league.. permanently kicked out for no less an offense.

I'm just trying to help you guys come in from the cold .. and it's not personal and it's not jealousy.. it really all depends on what really went on... and there will be NO secrets once it all comes out... so if the franchise hasn't done anything wrong... then that will ALSO come out in the process.

Wow. Now the dumba$$ trolls try to interpret the law when a law was never broken. Were you even alive to witness Watergate? Your posts tell me otherwise and that you're probably somewhere between 8th and 10th grade.

Huh?

What?

Tomase "is one guy who did one thing"? Uhhhh Dude, he threw the team under the bus 48 hours before the SB with a bogus story!

"Uhhh except for my 40 lb cancerous tumor, I'm completely healthy!"

I give you credit. You certainly have no fear when it comes to looking like a moron.

wtf are you talking about? I was responding to the guy who said that the majority of the local media HATES the Pats. I'll give you Tomase. who else you got that HATES the Pats? is it a long list? is it most of the media (including TV people, radio people, print people, bloggers, etc), or 1 or 2 guys?

now who is the ******* moron, moron

Last edited:
newsflash: the patriots haven't won **** in 3 years. The jealousy argument is tired. Even Reiss has his head up his ass. Everytime I hear Kraft say "when you're on top, everyone wants to knock you down" in regards to spygate, I cringe. Knock us down from what? Its about cheating, plain and simple. If they taped that rams walkthrough, it is simply one of the most deplorable acts in pro sports history. The public and media alike have a right to voice their opinion. Integrity is everything. Everyone here wants to blame everyone but Bill Belichick. The fact that reiss is citing merchandise sales is absolutely ******ed. Kraft would trade those sales in a minute for this to have not happened. It's not going away, as long as BB is part of this franchise, and maybe beyond.

newsflash: the patriots haven't won **** in 3 years. The jealousy argument is tired. Even Reiss has his head up his ass. Everytime I hear Kraft say "when you're on top, everyone wants to knock you down" in regards to spygate, I cringe. Knock us down from what? Its about cheating, plain and simple. If they taped that rams walkthrough, it is simply one of the most deplorable acts in pro sports history. The public and media alike have a right to voice their opinion. Integrity is everything. Everyone here wants to blame everyone but Bill Belichick. The fact that reiss is citing merchandise sales is absolutely ******ed. Kraft would trade those sales in a minute for this to have not happened. It's not going away, as long as BB is part of this franchise, and maybe beyond.

I'm not sure if maybe you were out of the country or off planet, or something, but the pats won 18 games this past season while getting pretty much nonstop coverage.
so, to say there's no way fans are jealous or trying to 'knock them down' is fairly idiotic.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if maybe you were out of the country or off planet, or something, but the pats won 18 games this past season while getting pretty much nonstop coverage.
so, to say there's no way fans are jealous or trying to 'knock them down' is fairly idiotic.

I'm not sure if you were off the planet, but when this all started they were 1-0, as were 16 other teams in the league.

I'm not sure if you were off the planet, but when this all started they were 1-0, as were 16 other teams in the league.

And the jealousy, I assure you, was rampant....seeing the kind of headline making offseason they had after being so close to the SB. There was plenty of *****ing on other MBs about the "rich getting richer" when the Moss deal went through, as well as hope that he would bring them down.

Where on earth were you when all that was happening? Under a rock?

wtf are you talking about? I was responding to the guy who said that the majority of the local media HATES the Pats. I'll give you Tomase. who else you got that HATES the Pats? is it a long list? is it most of the media (including TV people, radio people, print people, bloggers, etc), or 1 or 2 guys?

now who is the ******* moron, moron

You throw me under the bus, Smessy, because I've had enough of this troll's idiocies, yet you continue to let this cretin post these inflammatory ,useless, hate driven posts ad nauseum...with impunity....nice double standard you play by.

You throw me under the bus, Smessy, because I've had enough of this troll's idiocies, yet you continue to let this cretin post these inflammatory ,useless, hate driven posts ad nauseum...with impunity....nice double standard you play by.

oh the irony. how about you respond to my post instead of flaming? tyia

Last edited:
there is no reason to respond to a troll...you have zero to offer this board

there is no reason to respond to a troll...you have zero to offer this board

since you can't answer the question, put me on ignore and never read one of my posts again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey